BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #67
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10

This is an amazing father and son hobby to bring time together and share a great passion.

Well done to you both!

Thought only saw this mostly in the states, good to see it happening here now!

Great cars and colours, excellent choice!!
F10 M Sport, Alpine White, Professional Navigation, Reverse Camera, Power Bootlid, Sports Paddle-Shift Gearbox, Sun Protection Pack, Xenon Headlights, High-Gloss Black Shadow Line, 351M Sport Wheels, M Sport Suspension Deletion. Model Designation Deletion. Black Dakota Leather. Winter Tyres.
Appreciate 1
Colinv64012.00
      05-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #68
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Wow, that is a lot of F80 M3 turnover. Is it due to short lease periods, wrecked/stolen cars, or just enjoying change?
      05-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #69
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi_d View Post
Wow, stunning cars.
Congrats to the Oldman.
Thanks!! I will pass that on to him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
Any chance you have a sibling who drives an Audi or a Benz and not allowed to partake in the family festivities?
Thats funny man! Just my sister, who has a Volvo, and isn’t really fussed about cats at all lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2 View Post
I think that is Miami Blue, unless they have both blue colours
Definately Mexico Blue mate. They are all Porsche colours as said below

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Porsche has a trio of very nice, “sky” blues, that I’ve seen personally: Mexico, Riviera, and now Miami. (There could be more).
That’s correct, I’ve seen all 3 now, and Riviera is even more punchy, but not as exotic looking. Miami Blue is much more turquoise than either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mWHO View Post
How does estate gravel affect cars in Europe? The lack of it in NA leaves me curious as all the gravel here dirties, damages, and gets stuck in ours cars

Awesome shots btw
Oh estate gravel is a different ballpark, it’s posh and has manners unlike regular gravel, estate gravel is most gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaleyess View Post
How old is ur cool dad if I may asked? I need to ask my dad to be like urs. Cool dad with awesome machine. Now he is facing Mid life crisis and deciding on whether to get a S class once the facelift is launched in Malaysia. :
Haha thanks mate, my Dad is 63 years old and wouldn’t even consider something such as an S class!! Driving is for enjoying! time to convince your Dad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioM3 View Post
Both great cars ///M......
Mexico Blue looks great in flesh, i saw it first in essex dealership on M5, I thought it was Laguna Seca Blue, but on close inspection I was really impressed how good of a colour it was, I asked salesman and he had no clue what colour it was, I had to research it and found it, it's very rear colour, even on Porsches, only shame is manuals are slowly disappearing.
Enjoy...
Thanks mate, as you say, in the flesh it’s a different league, it’s a really loud colour and I’d say sometimes even more in your face than my fire orange. Did you get any pics of the M5? Was it a new F90 one?

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #70
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp123 View Post
This is an amazing father and son hobby to bring time together and share a great passion.

Well done to you both!

Thought only saw this mostly in the states, good to see it happening here now!

Great cars and colours, excellent choice!!
Thanks mate, appreciate that! As you say.. cars seem to be much more of a family thing in the states, and cars and car meets in general appear more accepted over there. Seems like if your into cars over here your branded a yob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Wow, that is a lot of F80 M3 turnover. Is it due to short lease periods, wrecked/stolen cars, or just enjoying change?
A lot of cars in the UK are on PCP deals which is similar to a lease, but offers a lot of flexibility, you can simply change early if you got a good deal at the start and aren’t in huge negative equity.

Dad kept his first one 2 years, and his second one 18 months ish.

I kept my first one 18 months, I’m currently at 18 months on this one and I just love it, so it’s going nowhere. Tempted to keep it for the foreseeable.

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 03:15 PM   #71
SGMDream
I Wanna Go Fast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Read all pages, so cool to see father and son bond over one of the best cars out there.

Good color combos as well love the contrast between the two, will make for some nice photos.

Cherish the memories!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 03:31 PM   #72
BPe90M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AW e92 M3

I envy this so much. I wish my dad was into cars. At least we share golf in common!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #73
GioM3
Private First Class
Georgia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 e92m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Quote:
Wow, stunning cars.
Congrats to the Oldman.
Quote:
Any chance you have a sibling who drives an Audi or a Benz and not allowed to partake in the family festivities?
Thats funny man! Just my sister, who has a Volvo, and isn’t really fussed about cats at all lol.

Quote:

Quote:
Porsche has a trio of very nice, “sky” blues, that I’ve seen personally: Mexico, Riviera, and now Miami. (There could be more).
That’s correct, I’ve seen all 3 now, and Riviera is even more punchy, but not as exotic looking. Miami Blue is much more turquoise than either.
Quote:
How does estate gravel affect cars in Europe? The lack of it in NA leaves me curious as all the gravel here dirties, damages, and gets stuck in ours cars

Awesome shots btw
Oh estate gravel is a different ballpark, it’s posh and has manners unlike regular gravel, estate gravel is most gentry

Quote:
How old is ur cool dad if I may asked? I need to ask my dad to be like urs. Cool dad with awesome machine. Now he is facing Mid life crisis and deciding on whether to get a S class once the facelift is launched in Malaysia. :
Haha thanks mate, my Dad is 63 years old and wouldn’t even consider something such as an S class!! Driving is for enjoying! time to convince your Dad!!

Quote:
Mexico Blue looks great in flesh, i saw it first in essex dealership on M5, I thought it was Laguna Seca Blue, but on close inspection I was really impressed how good of a colour it was, I asked salesman and he had no clue what colour it was, I had to research it and found it, it's very rear colour, even on Porsches, only shame is manuals are slowly disappearing.
Enjoy...
Thanks mate, as you say, in the flesh it’s a different league, it’s a really loud colour and I’d say sometimes even more in your face than my fire orange. Did you get any pics of the M5? Was it a new F90 one?
No mate it was F10, looked great with black wheels, Great Colour. Good luck with yours and your father's....
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #74
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
A lot of cars in the UK are on PCP deals which is similar to a lease, but offers a lot of flexibility, you can simply change early if you got a good deal at the start and aren’t in huge negative equity.

Dad kept his first one 2 years, and his second one 18 months ish.

I kept my first one 18 months, I’m currently at 18 months on this one and I just love it, so it’s going nowhere. Tempted to keep it for the foreseeable.

Very cool. Thanks for the info.
      05-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #75
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:

Thanks mate, what flack would you have got? They not car guys at all? Or just not into European cars?
Not into cars at all. Whenever I modify anything it's always a lecture.

I've had a GT4 for almost 2 years and they still don't know about it.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 10:55 PM   #76
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, stunning cars.
Congrats to the Oldman.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Awesome shots btw

Quote:

Quote:
Enjoy...
'Haha thanks mate, my Dad is 63 years old and wouldn't even consider something such as an S class!! Driving is for enjoying! time to convince your Dad!!'

Yup. But being Asian mentality is when u reaches a certain age, a limo is a must in the garage and if u wan something sporty, go for 911 some sort. To my dad's gen, M3 is still a 3er- which in my country, it suit ppl 25-35yo. A young man car.

I guess i should convince him to get something M3/M5 like tat.
      05-26-2018, 09:53 AM   #77
Alexis@psi
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #78
Madvillain
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lada

theres video of 2 same colored m3s getting pulled over for racing from a stop light (obv their cars could get away if they wanted). sick combo with the 2 colors.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 10:11 PM   #79
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Love it! I hope you both keep these b/c they are a great contrast with the colors and also the V1 vs V2 LED lights and grey vs black 666s.
Appreciate 0