Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-31-2014, 09:56 AM   #23
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I cant take Lieberman, Farah or that other younger fool they have seriously at all. Same with the entire TG USA crew minus Foust.

Lago, Foust and Pobst are the stars in American auto journalism... most others shouldn't even be allowed to drive cars.
We are detouring here but I like where its going.

Foust is a fantastic driver but Im not sure where he ranks on the Auto journalism scale. He's easily the most likable TG USA host, but the other two guys don't seem to even love cars all that much. The Farah/Lieberman crew is crass but I enjoy their commentary. Sam Smith is a great writer, as is Ezra Dyer, probably the best of the lot.

Regarding online videos, it pains me to say this but Chris Harris and Steve Sutcliffe are the best IMO. They both come with biases, but their in-car commentary cannot be matched.

I watch/read them all.
      10-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #24
fueledbymetal
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 6spd, Cayman GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I cant take Lieberman, Farah or that other younger fool they have seriously at all. Same with the entire TG USA crew minus Foust.
Lieberman is in a totally different class with respect to Farrah. Lieberman may not be the best on camera but I think he's an excellent auto journalist. He's easily the best writer at MT and my favorite out of all the American magazines. His humor & references caught my attention years ago and I almost always enjoy reaing his articles, even when they're on vehicles I have no interest in.
      10-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #25
SapphireSiC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueledbymetal View Post
Lieberman is in a totally different class with respect to Farrah. Lieberman may not be the best on camera but I think he's an excellent auto journalist. He's easily the best writer at MT and my favorite out of all the American magazines. His humor & references caught my attention years ago and I almost always enjoy reaing his articles, even when they're on vehicles I have no interest in.
Just to clarify, my comments on Lieberman refer to his on-camera persona; I will have to pay attention to his articles in MT and give him a shot. If I want to know how a car drives, I look for Chris Harris or Steve Sutcliffe like Damasconian said.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #26
SapphireSiC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
We are detouring here but I like where its going.

Foust is a fantastic driver but Im not sure where he ranks on the Auto journalism scale. He's easily the most likable TG USA host, but the other two guys don't seem to even love cars all that much.
Foust on TG racing two skiers down a mountain in a Mitsu Evo has to be my favorite video.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 06:23 AM   #27
fueledbymetal
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 6spd, Cayman GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSiC View Post
Just to clarify, my comments on Lieberman refer to his on-camera persona; I will have to pay attention to his articles in MT and give him a shot. If I want to know how a car drives, I look for Chris Harris or Steve Sutcliffe like Damasconian said.
Got it - totally agree on camera Chris & Steve are superior
      11-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #28
serieD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1199 Panigale S

I would have to agree on the point about speed. The car is very easy to drive fast, but if I'm tooling around coming home from work late-1/2AM- I think I'm only doing 60 on a backroad and I'm really doing north of 85 sometimes.
Appreciate 0