BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

03-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #24839
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Seriously guys, did myz die or something? Even when he is absent because of work, he checks in! He posts when he has the worst partner to work with ever!

I'm calling it! The refugees took him to get back at bp.
Appreciate 1
minn191820

03-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #24840
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mondstein F83

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Seriously guys, did myz die or something? Even when he is absent because of work, he checks in! He posts when he has the worst partner to work with ever!

I'm calling it! The refugees took him to get back at bp.
Ummm no, I heard Trump decided to close Canada for a little while, just until they start treating people worse.

Eventually they'll come crawling back and then he'll re-open it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I would set mine to a bright purple, 66 year old, bisexual Kung Fu priestess robot swordfish pregnant with my first nano-mechanical Columbian coffee maker.
Appreciate 1
Lups7635

03-24-2017, 11:06 PM   #24841
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Ummm no, I heard Trump decided to close Canada for a little while, just until they start treating people worse.

Eventually they'll come crawling back and then he'll re-open it again.
Closing Canada? Lol, how funny. I think you mean, closing the bedroom door and hanging a tie on the doorknob.

I blame Lups because of reasons.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #24842
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F83 View Post
Closing Canada? Lol, how funny. I think you mean, closing the bedroom door and hanging a tie on the doorknob.
closing the closet door - FYI that dude is super gay.

Quote:
I would set mine to a bright purple, 66 year old, bisexual Kung Fu priestess robot swordfish pregnant with my first nano-mechanical Columbian coffee maker.

Last edited by GrussGott; 03-25-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Appreciate 1
F831638

03-24-2017, 11:34 PM   #24843
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
closing the closet door - FYI that dude is super gay.
Evidence?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

(BTW, what's with the CSIS bodyguard guy in the fishing hat?)

Appreciate 1
      03-24-2017, 11:41 PM   #24844
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep

Garage List
So next year, half of living Americans won't remember new Coke... that feels weird

https://xkcd.com/1093/

Appreciate 1
      03-25-2017, 12:12 AM   #24845
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
So next year, half of living Americans won't remember new Coke... that feels weird

so old.

but today a cute chick chatted me up in the elevator so s'all good.

must be my vegan dad bod.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 12:22 AM   #24846
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
so old.

but today a cute chick chatted me up in the elevator so s'all good.

must be my vegan dad bod.
You full vegan? Still a vegetarian here - though really pescatarian as I do eat fish about once or twice a week. Lost 10 pounds. Blood pressure normal. Cholesterol way down. Stable energy. Tantric sex energy for days. It's all good.

Appreciate 1
Lups7635

03-25-2017, 12:26 AM   #24847
Lups
Rep

Quote:

Im taking the boys and their friends today to trampoline park so I can't wait for the year 2047!
Appreciate 1
F831638

03-25-2017, 12:54 AM   #24848
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
You full vegan? Still a vegetarian here - though really pescatarian as I do eat fish about once or twice a week. Lost 10 pounds. Blood pressure normal. Cholesterol way down. Stable energy. Tantric sex energy for days. It's all good.
Yeah, full vegan, although not a great one as I occasionally cheat with fish, but to keep off statins, I stay away from any animal protein and any added fats or oils.

It's really taught that me that whatever you think you like to eat, it's just habit. That's because a few years back I couldn't have even imagined a life without meat but now it's just eh and I really miss my foods if I have to travel.

And even more strange is that I used to LOVE cake. Not the the shit kind but like a bespoke cake from a speciality baker with butter cream frosting. or cream cheese frosting. fucking awesome.

but the other day I was cutting open a japanese sweet potato which surprisingly tastes like cake and it struck me that basically I'd pick that over any cake.

One theory I have is that it's your gut biome - those little bastards manipulate your thinking cause if I eat something sugary for a few hours after I get weird cravings for all kinds of bad foods that I otherwise wouldn't give 2 shits about.

little fuckers!

Quote:
Appreciate 2
Lups7635
F831638

03-25-2017, 07:09 AM   #24849
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Yeah, full vegan,
Don't you think vegans smell a bit "unique"? I've noticed they have a certain distinct odor for some reason. Or maybe the ones that boast about being vegan and complain that there's nothing to eat on flights or parties just don't bathe and that's why I have this stereotype in my head.

This isn't a "Do you think you stink?" post, but maybe you noticed Judy/Sky/Ethan at the local WFM or Co-Op had an odor about them?

Either way, Mrs BC is away so anyone want to grab a steak at Mastro's tomorrow and watch hoops?

Lups Wah , are you both well?
      03-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #24850
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RC51 View Post

Don't you think vegans smell a bit "unique"?
ha, well I'm sure it's probably true. In vietnam the Viet Cong used to hunt Americans by smell and the smart infantry quickly learned to only eat the local food.

It's also probably because, whatever our odors are, Judy/Sky/Ethan don't wear deodorant or use anything but natural shampoo. I've only gotten to about 50% on that one - I've switched to Tom's stuff trying to stay away from as many chemicals as I can.

Anyway, my grandfather died at 71 and his son, my uncle, is 74. He's pretty fit, plays tennis, fishes, boats, hunts, golfs, etc. He eats pretty healthy too, but indulges for holidays. He'd been having trouble with his knee and given his tennis season is upcoming he went in for surgery to have it fixed.

He almost didn't make it out, they scoped him, found he was 90%+ blocked, and so he just had an emergency triple bypass. That was a month ago and now he has fluid around his heart which he had to go back into the hospital for. They tell him if he lives, the left side of his heart will only by at 20% - he can still try to exercise, but he won't be able to improve that.

And so in a blink he went from a "healthy" super active guy who summers on the lake, winters in Arizona, to couch-bound with a high degree of morbidity. And that will be for the rest of his life.

And I have his genes. I kinda look like him.

Now of course we can get hit by anything, but there are things we can control like diet and exercise and, in my case, I have plenty of foreshadowing in 3 generations of people of my future, including my own testing.

So if I smell, I don't give a fuck.

You're not stuck in here with me, I'm stuck in here with you.

Quote:
Appreciate 2
Lups7635
F831638

03-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #24851
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 GT350, 16 F150, 16 428 GC

I didn't go full GrussGott vegan, but I have cut way back on the meat (especially red meat) and upped my fruits and veggies intake. That coupled with lifting 3-4 days a week and running 2-3 days a week I've dropped 20 plus pounds. I've gotten back under 180 and feel much better.

It always amazes me how quickly the body responds to healthy habits and how quickly you can see results.
Appreciate 3
Lups7635
F831638

03-25-2017, 05:09 PM   #24852
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post

It always amazes me how quickly the body responds to healthy habits and how quickly you can see results.
Totally! What's even more amazing is there are starting to be indications that you can reverse heart disease - of course it takes years to undo years of damage, and less "health intensity" will lengthen that, but it's a great start. Course it's hard to do any studies on that because almost nobody can actually do it (i.e., switch from meat to vegan, switch from in-active to active).

They're even starting to recommend that heart disease patients use interval training. Pretty interesting.

I guess what is insulting to me is that for 25 years medicine has been telling my uncle he's doing great, everything's fine, and if he has no symptoms he has no problems.

Turns out his first symptom was going to be death - he only avoided it because he went in for an elective surgery ... and, had he waited a year or two more, he probably wouldn't have come out of it.

In short, as I've said, if you have or had high cholesterol or blood pressure or you've had or have diabetes or high HbA1c (blood sugar) or triglycerides there's a HIGH probability you need to drastically change your diet. and if you don't it's going to kill you.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
minn191820

03-25-2017, 05:21 PM   #24853
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Hey, on a quasi-political note, I was just at a party talking to this chick who specializes in adoptions ... it was a pretty fascinating discussion and one of the more interesting points was that baby supply from US parents has dropped over the last 5 years due to Obamacare making healthcare and birth control available.

It's gotten such that some adoption agencies have had to close because they specialized in US adoptions, but there's no longer enough supply. This person knows this because she does the profiling and due diligence on all of the moms so she knows why/how/when they got pregnant and why they want to have their children adopted.

Of course now with Trumpcare, or lack of Obamacare support, I would expect we will see more unwanted babies.

Further, there was Roe v Wade study that correlated the drop in US violent crime to the rise in # of abortions.

Quote:
Appreciate 2
Lups7635
minn191820

03-26-2017, 02:24 PM   #24854
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Hey, on a quasi-political note, I was just at a party talking to this chick who specializes in adoptions ... it was a pretty fascinating discussion and one of the more interesting points was that baby supply from US parents has dropped over the last 5 years due to Obamacare making healthcare and birth control available.

It's gotten such that some adoption agencies have had to close because they specialized in US adoptions, but there's no longer enough supply. This person knows this because she does the profiling and due diligence on all of the moms so she knows why/how/when they got pregnant and why they want to have their children adopted.

Of course now with Trumpcare, or lack of Obamacare support, I would expect we will see more unwanted babies.

Further, there was Roe v Wade study that correlated the drop in US violent crime to the rise in # of abortions.
That's very interesting. Poor people commit more crimes, and unwanted babies sure makes one desperate. I can see the correlation.

I found this hilarious.

http://www.politico.eu/article/donal...o-bill-report/

Good luck man...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #24855
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep

Garage List
Ahh. Got sucked into a stupid debate on the main forum. Hard to resist though - it's just hard when others don't see that I'm right.

Amirite?

Appreciate 1
Lups7635

Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #24856
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Ahh. Got sucked into a stupid debate on the main forum. Hard to resist though - it's just hard when others don't see that I'm right.

Amirite?
totally. it's only a matter of time.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #24857
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
So there's a lot of push back on the butt glitter trend, but I, for one, support my new bespangled ass overlords.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
minn191820

Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #24858
Lups
Rep

Quote:
So there's a lot of push back on the butt glitter trend, but I, for one, support my new bespangled ass overlords.

I must put some on my husband. My view also would improve.

Sup gg?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #24859
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post

I must put some on my husband. My view also would improve.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
Lups7635