European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-22-2024, 08:42 PM   #1
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quick BM3 Question

Hello,
I hope all of you are doing well and Thank you in advance for my Novice question. I want to buy bm3 but was wondering if it would work with my

OBD Link MX

I use this with BimmerCode and Bimmer link with no issues but wanted to know if I can use it with BM3 or is their OBD connect a must?
Thank you in advance for your help,
Ian
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 08:53 PM   #2
1heckinboi
caffeine fiend
Rep
Drives: M4

So I have both the MX and BM3's OBD adapter, I am not sure if you can use the MX to flash but I do know that I can use BM3's tool to use bimmercode. I also remember BM3's working a LOT faster than the MX, if you can flash with the MX I wouldn't recommend it based off what I experienced between the two
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 09:30 PM   #3
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1heckinboi View Post
So I have both the MX and BM3's OBD adapter, I am not sure if you can use the MX to flash but I do know that I can use BM3's tool to use bimmercode. I also remember BM3's working a LOT faster than the MX, if you can flash with the MX I wouldn't recommend it based off what I experienced between the two
Cool thanks for the advice I appreciate it. Can all the apps work together? Or does the bm3 supersede the others making them useless
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 09:39 PM   #4
1heckinboi
caffeine fiend
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_of_fit View Post
Cool thanks for the advice I appreciate it. Can all the apps work together? Or does the bm3 supersede the others making them useless
Ever since I had gotten the BM3 tool I never used my MX again lol, no issues though when I used bimmercode and bimmerlink
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2024, 10:21 AM   #5
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1heckinboi View Post
Ever since I had gotten the BM3 tool I never used my MX again lol, no issues though when I used bimmercode and bimmerlink
Cool man, thank you very much for your help and taking the time to answer my questions,
Ian
Appreciate 1