ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-23-2021, 05:42 PM   #23
KennySRFElite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 6mt CP

To the uneducated, YMB = baby blue. I’ve even used the term. The color starts a conversation which is great. Yep, I daily drive a baby blue car.

KP
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 08:46 AM   #24
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

I'm continually fascinated by observations non car people make about my cars. Things I'd never notice or view the way they do. It's partly fascinating, sometimes mildly amusing but I never get the impression there's mal-intent. Color of car matters to me as far as does it do it for me or not? If not it's a non starter but beyond that I don't sit there and study the color and analyze it. A lot of other people do they get fixated on color because it's all they know. I happen to love blue and have San Marino and Santorini. You should hear the comments. About SMB "I see purple, is it purple?" And about Santorini I also get things ranging from "baby blue" to "Royal blue" but mostly in both cases I get speechless people who say "Wowwwww I love the color!!!! What a color!!!!" Nobody means any harm it's their way of admiring and trying to quantify the uniqueness of the car they are seeing. It's a compliment so take it in stride.
Appreciate 1
DocL1940.50
      05-24-2021, 09:19 AM   #25
Rabidwooz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

I've only had one "negative" comment throughout three years of daily driving. The guy literally told me "I would have gotten black," as he climbs into his clapped out Infiniti. K. The majority of people that comment can't believe it's a factory color and always ask more about it. I don't care if they call it baby blue!
Appreciate 1
NickyC17599.50
      05-25-2021, 06:49 PM   #26
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Off topic , but I saw a Yas Marina Toilet bowl on the side of the road yesterday. Lol bad joke. It was a 70''s baby blue bowl. What were our parents thinking of colorful toilets. YmB is a excellent color, I know I wanted my F83 in that with white leather.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 09:08 AM   #27
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidwooz View Post
I've only had one "negative" comment throughout three years of daily driving. The guy literally told me "I would have gotten black," as he climbs into his clapped out Infiniti. K. The majority of people that comment can't believe it's a factory color and always ask more about it. I don't care if they call it baby blue!
LoL what a dick!

Ditto on comments about the color, most think it’s a custom job.
Appreciate 1