Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-01-2018, 05:34 AM   #1
Sahbatage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 IR BMW M4

Is it possible to code GTS Diff or EPS on a MT?

As the title says, was told it's not possible but it feels surprising to think everyone who has drives a DCT.
      02-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
Deteria
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Heck ya, you just can't get the GTS DCT for obvious reasons lol. Don't forget GTS Traction Control can be coded as well, and M4 CS EDC if you have adaptive suspensions.
2015 Black Sapphire F82 M4: Bootmod3 Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT TCU DIFF Flash / Remus Catback / VRSF Charge & J Pipe / MST Intakes / Mishimoto TMIC / RK Autowerks Crank Hub / Apex VS-5RS 19x9.5 ET22 19x10.5 ET45 / Powerflex Bushings / MSS HAS / Evolve x Bilstein B6 Damptronic / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Hotchkis Sways
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
Sahbatage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 IR BMW M4

thanks man. Did you get yours done remotely by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deteria View Post
Heck ya, you just can't get the GTS DCT for obvious reasons lol. Don't forget GTS Traction Control can be coded as well, and M4 CS EDC if you have adaptive suspensions.
      02-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
I tried on two MECH cars and got nothing but issues and had to reset car with ISTA+.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 08:13 PM   #5
Deteria
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahbatage View Post
thanks man. Did you get yours done remotely by chance?
Got mine coded by Alex @ AlpineMS over last winter.
2015 Black Sapphire F82 M4: Bootmod3 Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT TCU DIFF Flash / Remus Catback / VRSF Charge & J Pipe / MST Intakes / Mishimoto TMIC / RK Autowerks Crank Hub / Apex VS-5RS 19x9.5 ET22 19x10.5 ET45 / Powerflex Bushings / MSS HAS / Evolve x Bilstein B6 Damptronic / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Hotchkis Sways
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #6
Celestion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp

Me @ myself coded mine. It is very easy.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 12:08 AM   #7
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
Me @ myself coded mine. It is very easy.
Have you seen my post in a different thread? http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1431079&page=2

I keep getting errors and so far was only able to successfully code EPS. I will copy my reply from the other thread below. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me figure out what I'm missing or with your detailed steps.

"Last time I tried to VO code the GHAS, DSC, and ICM modules after changing the type code to Us spec GTS, I got the following errors:

GHAS: Coding ended successfully. TPMS stopped working. Even after trying to drive around for a while and clearing all errors in Esys and ISTA, it didn't go away.

DSC: Coding ended successfully. I got a stability control error. In the cluster a light very similar to "DSC off" light came on.

ICM: Coding ended successfully. I got some sort of steering error in the idrive. The steering became extremely heavy. It was like I lost power steering.

I also tried to code CS EDC the same way coding failed during writing it back to the car.

Since everyone is doing this successfully, I'm assuming I'm missing a step or something. When I change typecode to GTS, I remove 7MA and 7MN from the Salapa list. then just go ahead with the VO coding. I think I need to remove these 2 when i'm coding for CS EDC as well but am I supposed add anything to the Salapa list for CS?

At this point I'm even questioning my steps for VO coding. I just follow the same steps described here. My I-step version is F020-17-03-503 which corresponds to software version 61.1.

What am I missing guys?

Edit: My car is 6MT. Can this be the reason? But I was successfully able to VO code GTS steering.
"
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #8
Celestion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Have you seen my post in a different thread? http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1431079&page=2

I keep getting errors and so far was only able to successfully code EPS. I will copy my reply from the other thread below. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me figure out what I'm missing or with your detailed steps.

"Last time I tried to VO code the GHAS, DSC, and ICM modules after changing the type code to Us spec GTS, I got the following errors:

GHAS: Coding ended successfully. TPMS stopped working. Even after trying to drive around for a while and clearing all errors in Esys and ISTA, it didn't go away.

DSC: Coding ended successfully. I got a stability control error. In the cluster a light very similar to "DSC off" light came on.

ICM: Coding ended successfully. I got some sort of steering error in the idrive. The steering became extremely heavy. It was like I lost power steering.

I also tried to code CS EDC the same way coding failed during writing it back to the car.

Since everyone is doing this successfully, I'm assuming I'm missing a step or something. When I change typecode to GTS, I remove 7MA and 7MN from the Salapa list. then just go ahead with the VO coding. I think I need to remove these 2 when i'm coding for CS EDC as well but am I supposed add anything to the Salapa list for CS?

At this point I'm even questioning my steps for VO coding. I just follow the same steps described here. My I-step version is F020-17-03-503 which corresponds to software version 61.1.

What am I missing guys?

Edit: My car is 6MT. Can this be the reason? But I was successfully able to VO code GTS steering.
"
VO coding isn’t necessary for the features you want. Simple FDL coding will work. See guide here: https://www.bmwesys.com/guides/Begin...e%20Coding.pdf

Lastly, unless you have the ZCP car, I wouldn’t touch the EDC. Coding CS or ZCP DSC settings will give you all the benefits that your spring/shock combo was designed for.

After FDL coding you will still need to delete the fault codes and possibly recalibrate the acceleration sensors in the shocks. Both are accomplished via ISTA.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #9
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
VO coding isn’t necessary for the features you want. Simple FDL coding will work. See guide here: https://www.bmwesys.com/guides/Begin...e%20Coding.pdf

Lastly, unless you have the ZCP car, I wouldn’t touch the EDC. Coding CS or ZCP DSC settings will give you all the benefits that your spring/shock combo was designed for.

After FDL coding you will still need to delete the fault codes and possibly recalibrate the acceleration sensors in the shocks. Both are accomplished via ISTA.
I know how to FDL code but have never seen steps for FDL coding the GHAS, DSC for GTS spec and EDC for CS spec.

My car is ZCP but I want to code the CS EDC as I believe it might be slightly better. If you could share what to code under these modules, it'd be great? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #10
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I know how to FDL code but have never seen steps for FDL coding the GHAS, DSC for GTS spec and EDC for CS spec.

My car is ZCP but I want to code the CS EDC as I believe it might be slightly better. If you could share what to code under these modules, it'd be great? Thanks in advance!
VO vs FDL should accomplish same thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #11
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:

VO vs FDL should accomplish same thing.
I know but I still want to give it a try.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 01:24 AM   #12
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I know but I still want to give it a try.
Than use Coding-Verification to generate NCD's and compare to factory with TM's NCD / CAFD Tool so you know what to manually FDL code.
Appreciate 1
M-Pilot4859.00
      02-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #13
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Than use Coding-Verification to generate NCD's and compare to factory with TM's NCD / CAFD Tool so you know what to manually FDL code.
Never heard or done this before but I'll look into it. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #14
Jbellah
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
So is the GTS traction control different from a base model and how so?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #15
MrSmartyPants
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 - 6MT_MW on SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbellah View Post
So is the GTS traction control different from a base model and how so?
It allows more slippage and cuts engine power far less with full traction control on. Much more enjoyable imho. More leeway in mdm also.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #16
bracer
Mr Bill
Rep
Drives: GLC63

GTS Coding

This is normal. When you VO code this it will need to have the TPMS changed back from RDS in the FDL.
Code C_Funktion_RDCi_l to get TPMS working again. (in GHAS)

This cleared on mine after clearing codes in ISTA

Also Normal. You will need to use ISTA to re-teach the steering.
Appreciate 1
M-Pilot4859.00