European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #23
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

You're spending north of $50K for a car. You can't just "settle" on a color unless you're getting a GT3RS for a steal of a price. Pick the color combo you want. The used 2018 doesn't appear to be a performance school vehicle since it lacks the CCB. I agree with the other poster who said to offer $65K for it. Give it a try and see what they say. $65K for a low mileage MY18 ZCP/ZEC/DCT is a very good deal for an $80K MSRP vehicle. The $15K cost difference between a MY15 and MY18 is well justified. At a $20K premium that become a gray area.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 12:24 AM   #24
Martinw95
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Have the same concern here guys!!! Any opinions are greatly appreciated. I'm looking to get a used BMW M4 very soon. It's been a dream car to get for a few years now.

I initially wanted to get a 18' or newer because of the upgraded head/taillights and since I'm planning to own the car for a while, I want the car to have as many packages as possible (ZCP - Executive - Premium HK system).

The thing is I found a used 15' Marina Blue M4 with a white interior in a decent condition with only 21k miles on it for $47k. The reason for the price is that the owner has BC racing suspension, 20-in aftermarket Vossen wheels, full AA valved exhaust system, and MSR intakes. However, the car doesn't have the HK sound system, ZCP (since it was produced from 17' and newer), executive pack or even apply carplay.

I really need everyone's opinions on whether I should wait and cop a 18' M4 with all packages and mod it over time or should I go for the 15' M4? Ofc I'm looking mainly for the performance with a 6MT trans but since it has been a dream car, I was thinking if I should consider buying a fully loaded one.

(My budget allows me to get up to $55k or so)
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:26 AM   #25
HotRodM4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinw95 View Post
Have the same concern here guys!!! Any opinions are greatly appreciated. I'm looking to get a used BMW M4 very soon. It's been a dream car to get for a few years now.

I initially wanted to get a 18' or newer because of the upgraded head/taillights and since I'm planning to own the car for a while, I want the car to have as many packages as possible (ZCP - Executive - Premium HK system).

The thing is I found a used 15' Marina Blue M4 with a white interior in a decent condition with only 21k miles on it for $47k. The reason for the price is that the owner has BC racing suspension, 20-in aftermarket Vossen wheels, full AA valved exhaust system, and MSR intakes. However, the car doesn't have the HK sound system, ZCP (since it was produced from 17' and newer), executive pack or even apply carplay.

I really need everyone's opinions on whether I should wait and cop a 18' M4 with all packages and mod it over time or should I go for the 15' M4? Ofc I'm looking mainly for the performance with a 6MT trans but since it has been a dream car, I was thinking if I should consider buying a fully loaded one.

(My budget allows me to get up to $55k or so)
I'm in the same boat as you. 2018 ZCP is the priority for me. I know how I'd feel if I got a pre-lci M4 and a 2018 ZCP pulls up next to me at a light. Either way I'm paying, might as well go all out and not have second thoughts. Get what you want.
      12-05-2020, 07:47 AM   #26
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quadrifoglio

They improved the car as the years went on. Things that haven’t been listed around here or that people don’t even know about probably. Early car had issues. . It’s that simple. 2018 ZCP is a much more sorted car than the 2015, with many bugs worked out.

NOT TO MENTION, the 2018 ZCP will hold its value much better. Down the road the newer comp packs will fetch some money. The 2015 DCT won’t be worth anything

History with M3s or equivalent shows Pre LCI “automatics“ Aren’t worth the investment. That’s factual based on all Resale numbers for many decades now.

And if this is your first sports car why an M4. These cars are a specific taste. Most people buy them without acknowledging what they are. They just know they want a sports car and like the emblem. Lol. Go get a Miata or a Toyota 86 and learn about sports cars then later head over to an M if it makes sense

E46 wagon ~ E46 330ci ZHP ~E46 M3 Sold ~ E92 335i Sold ~ E90 M3 Sold ~ F82 M4 Sold <- All Manuals

Last edited by YKIGI; 12-05-2020 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #27
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

I wouldnt buy a 15 again. Ill pass on first year BMWs from now on after owning an 08 and 15.

ZCP is a nice pack but I prefer the non zcp seats with lumbar. Power and steering changes can be tuned into the car.

18 have the icon headlights which I think most prefer. I am a fan of the Lighting Package 16-17 classic halo design headlights myself.

If you are going to tune and lower the comp pack doesnt mean much IMO.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 06:38 PM   #28
65fastback
Captain
Rep
Drives: every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKIGI View Post
They improved the car as the years went on. Things that haven’t been listed around here or that people don’t even know about probably. Early car had issues. . It’s that simple. 2018 ZCP is a much more sorted car than the 2015, with many bugs worked out.

NOT TO MENTION, the 2018 ZCP will hold its value much better. Down the road the newer comp packs will fetch some money. The 2015 DCT won’t be worth anything

History with M3s or equivalent shows Pre LCI “automatics“ Aren’t worth the investment. That’s factual based on all Resale numbers for many decades now.

And if this is your first sports car why an M4. These cars are a specific taste. Most people buy them without acknowledging what they are. They just know they want a sports car and like the emblem. Lol. Go get a Miata or a Toyota 86 and learn about sports cars then later head over to an M if it makes sense

Some intersection comments you made there .

specifically ...What "issues" did they work out? asking for a friend.
Appreciate 0