ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #23
Harmeet49
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series

Status update- car is now in production. Paintwork finished yesterday and now moving onto assembly.

Does anyone have any ideas on how long we could be talking between it leaving the factory and landing at the dealer?

Mindful that the carbon needs to be added on in Southampton still.
Appreciate 1
derekh929291.50
      05-08-2017, 05:40 AM   #24
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmeet49 View Post
Status update- car is now in production. Paintwork finished yesterday and now moving onto assembly.

Does anyone have any ideas on how long we could be talking between it leaving the factory and landing at the dealer?

My M4 arrived in Southampton on Monday 20th March. By Tuesday 4th April (over two weeks later), it still hadn't moved from the dock at Southampton. I told my dealer that this is probably because of them not having the carbon mirrors in stock at the port (that's the only item I was having fitted at the port), and that if this is the case, they should just send the car to the dealer without the carbon mirrors (I had to collect the car on 10th April for various reasons, and no flexibility in this). He spoke to the port and they released the car immediately to the transport company. 36 hours later it arrived at the dealer without the carbon mirrors fitted.

Luckily, on the morning of collection of my M4, the carbon mirrors arrived at the dealer having been sent there from Southampton, so they were fitted when I picked the car up.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #25
Harmeet49
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Quote:

My M4 arrived in Southampton on Monday 20th March. By Tuesday 4th April (over two weeks later), it still hadn't moved from the dock at Southampton. I told my dealer that this is probably because of them not having the carbon mirrors in stock at the port (that's the only item I was having fitted at the port), and that if this is the case, they should just send the car to the dealer without the carbon mirrors (I had to collect the car on 10th April for various reasons, and no flexibility in this). He spoke to the port and they released the car immediately to the transport company. 36 hours later it arrived at the dealer without the carbon mirrors fitted.

Luckily, on the morning of collection of my M4, the carbon mirrors arrived at the dealer having been sent there from Southampton, so they were fitted when I picked the car up.

That's very helpful! The status is now 'assembly complete' so fingers crossed it should be moving soon.

I find it strange they are pushing the carbon packs but they aren't factory fitted or available when they do land!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #26
ArnoldRimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 Competition LCI

I originally had carbon mirrors specced on my order but the dealer said they couldn't supply so I went without, can always get some later if I feel the need.
If you want to go really OCD you can do what I did and track the ship the car is on once at sea through marinetraffic.com. It was an interesting diversion for a while before the frustration of it sitting in Southampton for a few days!
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #27
Harmeet49
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldRimmer View Post
I originally had carbon mirrors specced on my order but the dealer said they couldn't supply so I went without, can always get some later if I feel the need.
If you want to go really OCD you can do what I did and track the ship the car is on once at sea through marinetraffic.com. It was an interesting diversion for a while before the frustration of it sitting in Southampton for a few days!
I may have to do this as the car is now at 'pre EU port of exit' so fingers crossed it doesn't sit at customs too long.

Marine traffic is quite a good website, if you know when the ship is docked taking on the load.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #28
ArnoldRimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 Competition LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmeet49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldRimmer View Post
I may have to do this as the car is now at 'pre EU port of exit' so fingers crossed it doesn't sit at customs too long.

Marine traffic is quite a good website, if you know when the ship is docked taking on the load.
I think BMW always use the same carrier, WW (Wilhelm Willenus or something like that). I badgered my dealer for daily updates and as soon as status changed to 'at sea' I figured out the ship from their online itineraries and then tracked that sucker to death! Was a fun diversion for a couple of days but then it sat in Southampton for a few days doing nothing!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 01:42 AM   #29
Wyger
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

Quote:
Hi all!

It was my first time dealing with Heathrow Berry having been at Sytner before and they came up trumps with the offer. Plus they were willing to accommodate on an Individual paint order which as we know can add a few weeks to the delivery time. I had been speaking to Hamzah Dar over this for a few months so it made sense not to shop around (too much :-p), with the offer on the table.
Hi,

New to this forum and looking to get a M4 CP possibly from Berry Heathrow and was really interested in the deal they put together for you.

Any help would be great thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #30
Harmeet49
Rep

Just an update guys- the cars been sitting at 'port of entry' for about 4 days. Any idea why it isn't moving?

I do have carbon wing mirrors waiting to go on but surely now BMW supply these as an option they should have enough to cover demand.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 05:20 PM   #31
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

Quote:
Just an update guys- the cars been sitting at 'port of entry' for about 4 days. Any idea why it isn't moving?

I do have carbon wing mirrors waiting to go on but surely now BMW supply these as an option they should have enough to cover demand.
Where the cf mirrors ordered as a factory option? if so, it is this that i causing the delay. Get your dealer to 'pull' the car and get them to fit the mirrors.

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #32
Harmeet49
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompers View Post
Quote:

Where the cf mirrors ordered as a factory option? if so, it is this that i causing the delay. Get your dealer to 'pull' the car and get them to fit the mirrors.
I did have them put on the factory option. Naively I thought they actually went on at factory until the dealer told me later on this wasn't the case.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow and get this done. I'm not obsessed by the carbon or will get them to add it later.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 05:49 AM   #33
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
I did have them put on the factory option. Naively I thought they actually went on at factory until the dealer told me later on this wasn't the case.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow and get this done. I'm not obsessed by the carbon or will get them to add it later.
I told you this in this very thread and you replied to it.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #34
Harmeet49
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Quote:

I told you this in this very thread and you replied to it.
True Mofomot. It slipped my mind until I read back through this.

Cars now awaiting dispatch to the dealer so nearly there.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #35
Harmeet49
Rep

So it's finally landed. I don't pick it up until this weekend. I was slightly worried it looked Sapphire Black but you see the colour better in natural light. Can't wait now!

Will post more pics after its ceramic coating this week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0