GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

05-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp smb

Garage List
2011 335i xdrive  [10.00]
Don't go to Murray BMW of Denver!!!

This is an email I wrote to the GM and have yet to hear a response. **BTW The sales manager Chris Neira is a complete jerk. He tried to sneak in the extended maintenance plan and so I spent 45 minutes going back and forth because the numbers kept being off. He self-admittedly said he was doing so because the dealership makes $600 profit off the plan and that he knew I would come back in a few years to trade-in the car so he wanted to re-sell the car with the plan. Afterwards, he tried to high pressure close me on EVERYTHING. I told him to back off because I was getting pissed so he apologized. Chris explained he was doing so because he had a $100 bet with a co-worker on how fast he could sell the car. This guy is the epitome of a dirty used car salesman. At this point I am warning others to not purchase or have a vehicle serviced at Murray!!!

Date: Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Subject: Sales Service Issue from a recent purchase
To: rax.patel@murraymotors.c…

Rax,

I'd like to share the poor experience I've had thus far since purchasing a vehicle from Murray BMW. When I went to pickup the car and sign paperwork, the car was not ready. There was still spots of compound on the car from the detail job so I had to wait until it was finished. Then when I signed paperwork with the finance department, the lady forgot to have me sign the $500 rebate form. Since I had already left, she had to email me the form and then I had to fax it back to her. Another issue is when I went to put the floormats in my car- there were only three of them! I had to come back to the dealership to get a complete set. The final straw was when I went to the DMV last week (5/16) to purchase license plates. I waited two hours only for the woman working there to tell me I need to get an emissions testing. No one from your team cared to explain that this needed to be done! This should have already been done before I took ownership of the vehicle! What happens if the vehicle doesn't pass emissions? I contacted your sales team right after this happened, and nobody has cared to respond with a resolution hence why I am writing you.

I have completely lost my patience thus far with Murray BMW. I especially feel this when I receive mailings and emails from Murray to purchase an extended warranty plan. I am customer of Bodyworks and had $8,000 in repairs from two accidents. Then I purchase a vehicle from Murray and this is the way I'm treated and the type of service I get? It was already bad enough when I felt like I didn't get a fair trade-in. I thought it would be ok because the service would make up for it. I couldn't have been more wrong. Please help me feel differently. I feel as though my business is unappreciated.

Sincerely,
Jon
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
USE Z4S
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Tundra Crewmax Limited

Interesting.

I ordered my M4 through Schomp BMW, as it's close to my house and I previously bought a used 2011 Z4 Sdrive35i from them and really enjoyed the experience.

If you go to Schomp BMW, I recommend Jesse Esquibel.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, the business model of car dealerships seems to encourage this behavior.
      06-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
m981addicts
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 98Mz3-09-135i6sp-13-135isDCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3 View Post
This is an email I wrote to the GM and have yet to hear a response. **BTW The sales manager Chris Neira is a complete jerk. He tried to sneak in the extended maintenance plan and so I spent 45 minutes going back and forth because the numbers kept being off. He self-admittedly said he was doing so because the dealership makes $600 profit off the plan and that he knew I would come back in a few years to trade-in the car so he wanted to re-sell the car with the plan. Afterwards, he tried to high pressure close me on EVERYTHING. I told him to back off because I was getting pissed so he apologized. Chris explained he was doing so because he had a $100 bet with a co-worker on how fast he could sell the car. This guy is the epitome of a dirty used car salesman. At this point I am warning others to not purchase or have a vehicle serviced at Murray!!!

Rax,

I'd like to share the poor experience I've had thus far since purchasing a vehicle from Murray BMW. When I went to pickup the car and sign paperwork, the car was not ready. There was still spots of compound on the car from the detail job so I had to wait until it was finished. Then when I signed paperwork with the finance department, the lady forgot to have me sign the $500 rebate form. Since I had already left, she had to email me the form and then I had to fax it back to her. Another issue is when I went to put the floormats in my car- there were only three of them! I had to come back to the dealership to get a complete set. The final straw was when I went to the DMV last week (5/16) to purchase license plates. I waited two hours only for the woman working there to tell me I need to get an emissions testing. No one from your team cared to explain that this needed to be done! This should have already been done before I took ownership of the vehicle! What happens if the vehicle doesn't pass emissions? I contacted your sales team right after this happened, and nobody has cared to respond with a resolution hence why I am writing you.

I have completely lost my patience thus far with Murray BMW. I especially feel this when I receive mailings and emails from Murray to purchase an extended warranty plan. I am customer of Bodyworks and had $8,000 in repairs from two accidents. Then I purchase a vehicle from Murray and this is the way I'm treated and the type of service I get? It was already bad enough when I felt like I didn't get a fair trade-in. I thought it would be ok because the service would make up for it. I couldn't have been more wrong. Please help me feel differently. I feel as though my business is unappreciated.

Sincerely,
Jon
I'm wondering if they're affiliated with BMW of Murray, Utah. Their modus operandi seem very similar. I attempted to purchase two cars from them in 2009 and 2013. I got tired of their games and bought from dealers in Seattle and LA instead. Unfortunately, the other dealer in Utah is run by the same owner(s).
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
nsandawd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M3

Come see me at Schomp BMW. My name is Nick. I can help you out! I have an M4 on order too and am working with one of the members on the forum for his new M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
EdR
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, MW, 6 MT, AMS, Speed

1200 Mile Service at Schromp

Nick .... How's the service dept. at Schomp rated? I'm picking up my M3 at PCD in August and driving back to CA via Denver. I plan on having the service done there. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #6
JDUni1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3, '12 135i (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdR View Post
Nick .... How's the service dept. at Schomp rated? I'm picking up my M3 at PCD in August and driving back to CA via Denver. I plan on having the service done there. Thanks
Service is great, stop in there, you will not be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsandawd View Post
Come see me at Schomp BMW. My name is Nick. I can help you out! I have an M4 on order too and am working with one of the members on the forum for his new M3.
That's me! Just a couple few more days!!!!
2015 Alpine White ///M3 | Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather | 6MT | Lighting Package | Harmon Kardon | H&R Sport Springs (F32) | iND Cosmetic Treatment | M Performance Spoiler | 19" HRE 301M Frozen Red| Mode Carbon Trophy R1 Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
EdR
Private
United_States
Rep

Cool. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #8
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

I have purchased 3 cars from Schomp now (including my M4) and I have to say, the experience has been mostly good but the service is GREAT!
      08-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #9
EdR
Private
United_States
Rep

Great to hear. I'm doing PCD on 8/20 then heading home to Nor Cal. I've set, an appt for the break in service at Schomp via their online service scheduling for 8/23. Left a note reminding them that drain plugs could not be reused. Hopefully they'll have everything in stock. Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #10
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Updates would be greatly appreciated. I am about to do service at Murray for the first time. thanks.

Quote:

Rax,

Sincerely,
Jon
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #11
m3incorp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 (On Order) 2014 Stingray

How did your service go at Murray? I ask because I am in the process of placing an order for an M4. Thanks. They have the exact car that I want at the dealership BUT it has been the tester, and I'm leery of that.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 08:06 PM   #12
jamesq
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 6 Spd

I'm in the process of ordering a M3 from Schomp. They have been great to deal with and gave me a great deal. I dealt with Vance Pitzer. Now have to sell the E90 M3....
      11-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
F82speed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 6MT

m3incorp, was that the MG/SS DCT at Murray? If so, I nearly bought it several weeks ago when it had 17 miles on the odo, but really wanted 6MT so ordered instead. That M4 was still there on Thursday and now has over 200 miles on it! Good thinking being leary...

I ordered through Murray even though I live a little closer to Schomp, because I bought my last 3-series from them, which was a good experience, so naturally went back.

This was far from the same, as the OP outlined, BS games and stereotypical "used car" sales tactics. PITA to deal and negotiate with, but did get it done. This will be the last I buy there though and won't service there, probably should've dropped it with them and gone to Schomp. I will for service.

They were family-owned by the Murray family for years, but sold last year to the Sonic Automotive (SAH), so now part of a public company and the service and experience couldn't be further apart. Publicly traded car dealership... that is the epitome of money grabbing, don't care about the customer BS...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #14
m3incorp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 (On Order) 2014 Stingray

Thanks for your reply. It was indeed the MG/SS DCT. I'm the kind of person that listens to other's experiences. I think I'll be giving Schomp a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82speed View Post
m3incorp, was that the MG/SS DCT at Murray? If so, I nearly bought it several weeks ago when it had 17 miles on the odo, but really wanted 6MT so ordered instead. That M4 was still there on Thursday and now has over 200 miles on it! Good thinking being leary...

I ordered through Murray even though I live a little closer to Schomp, because I bought my last 3-series from them, which was a good experience, so naturally went back.

This was far from the same, as the OP outlined, BS games and stereotypical "used car" sales tactics. PITA to deal and negotiate with, but did get it done. This will be the last I buy there though and won't service there, probably should've dropped it with them and gone to Schomp. I will for service.

They were family-owned by the Murray family for years, but sold last year to the Sonic Automotive (SAH), so now part of a public company and the service and experience couldn't be further apart. Publicly traded car dealership... that is the epitome of money grabbing, don't care about the customer BS...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #15
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:

Rax,

Sincerely,
Jon
Not that I have any sympathy for car dealerships and salesman tactics, but isn't the registration process and state inspection process (including emissions testing) totally up to the owner to take car of?

I wouldn't expect a car dealer to tell me how/when/where to get my emissions testing done. Though if the dealer did offer that service and didn't say anything at the time of purchase, I guess that is reason to be mad.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #16
F82speed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
Not that I have any sympathy for car dealerships and salesman tactics, but isn't the registration process and state inspection process (including emissions testing) totally up to the owner to take car of?

I wouldn't expect a car dealer to tell me how/when/where to get my emissions testing done. Though if the dealer did offer that service and didn't say anything at the time of purchase, I guess that is reason to be mad.
Also to the OP, J3, unless something recently changed, Colorado state law requires that the seller provide emissions testing\valid cert upon sale of a roadworthy vehicle in a county that requires emissions and/or to a buyer who resides in an emissions-required area (it's not state-wide requirement, but rather area-specific.)

Dealers who do not comply are at risk of losing their dealer license...J3, you should have recourse... many of the managers now at Murray are new, recently moved from out of state with Sonic, and don't know the law specific to Colorado, I can attest to this from personal experience as well...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #17
F82speed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

one more thing specific to dealers, I think the state gives them the option of just providing a voucher to the buyer for the test in lieu of doing it themselves/providing the cert, but they have to cover it one way or another...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #18
Russkey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi

Garage List
2012 550xi  [10.00]
Question for Colorado people. I'm planning to order M4. I really like the car and it's going to be my DD. Do you guys use it on the snow during winter? Do you use winter tires? Appreciate any advise.
      07-02-2015, 12:06 AM   #19
jamesq
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 6 Spd

I used my E90 M3 and plan to use my new F80 M3 year round in CO. It did fine with a good set of snow tires. I also carried some "chains" for high performance tires just in case it got really bad. Two bags of sand in the trunk also.
      07-02-2015, 12:11 AM   #20
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3incorp View Post
How did your service go at Murray? I ask because I am in the process of placing an order for an M4. Thanks. They have the exact car that I want at the dealership BUT it has been the tester, and I'm leery of that.
Sorry for late response. It was okay at best. It was about Subaru, Honda, Acura level service.
However, it was much quicker than some places.
      07-12-2015, 07:03 PM   #21
6spdTanzM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Tanzanite Blue 6spd

When buying my M4 for european delivery Murray came in the highest on the price out of 15 dealerships. I get my service done there but that didn't seem to matter. Ended up working with Gebhardt BMW in Boulder.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #22
Xiaofeng
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007.5 E90 335xi Montego/Lemon

Garage List
2007 E90 335xi  [0.00]
1991 325iX  [0.00]
Interesting info on Murray. Both my brother and my wife bought their cars from Murray, as they were both ordered and Murray gave us the best pricing. However, I've noticed that after Sonic bought them, both the sales and service experience has gone downhill.

It seems that the general consensus is that people have good experiences with Schomp, which makes my story a bit of an outlier. I actually had very bad luck in dealing with my SA at Schomp. I went in there to test drive some M3s, and they had a Yas Marina ZHP M3 they just got in. During the test drive period, the SA was very helpful, even arranging to have the car pulled out of the showroom for me to test drive.

After the test drive, I was interested enough in the car that I was willing to buy it. Even though Schomp claims a "one hour, one person" shopping experience, my SA went back and forth with the finance manager multiple times to ask about deals and pricing, and the finance manager even came in a couple times to explain what deals they had. They were unwilling to budge from MSRP for the car, and they tried to get me to finance the car at 1.9% financing, even though BMW NA was offering 0.9% at the time. They eventually finally agreed to give me the 0.9% after quite a bit of back and forth. I was still debating on whether I wanted to trade in my current car or not, and since it was late on Saturday evening, I told my SA I would give him a call back first thing on Monday morning to let him know if I would be trading in the car. (Dealership was closed on Sunday.)

Monday morning comes around, and true to my word, I call up my SA just after they open. Over the weekend, I did some additional research, and found a M3 at Murray (might have been that SG ZHP w/ DCT you guys saw) for $2008 off of MSRP. I informed my SA that Murray was willing to take $2000 off of their car, and asked if they were willing to do anything on the price of their car at all, basically just as a sign they want my business. My SA said he would go ask his manager and call me right back.

Fast forward SIX HOURS, and I still had not heard anything yet. I finally give the SA a call back, and he claimed that he had "just pulled up Murray's website to look". It was obvious he had not bothered to go talk to his manager, nor even give me another thought. Within 60 seconds into the call, he claimed that he had asked his manager and he said "no", MRSP or leave it. So here I was, basically ready to plunk down nearly $80k, and not only were they unwilling to work with me on the price at all, but they couldn't even be bothered to return my phone call.

Needless to say, I didn't bother to pursue their car any further and am now on my hunt for the exact car I want.

Last edited by Xiaofeng; 10-18-2016 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0