Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

04-29-2017, 01:19 AM   #23
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

Yes quite low, but I accually cant say the outside temp had much to do with It, the car always slip away slightly It seems. My experience was god solid god grip after one warm up lap, hence simular to a hoter day. Then again It could be like 1,5laps to get It gripppy now. So Iguess you have a point, It did accually take a bit more time to heat tire due to so cold out.

Still car Is rather porky(not that you feel much of It on track) and I guess that helps to heat tires up, the tires get heat and grip accually, even It was this cold.

I had simular cold In SPA last year in okt, 2-4 degrees and in the wet no grip, but dry then tire get solid grip even this cold.

Also I always drive with naiv screen display so I see inside tire temp, thats a god thing on GTS to have(GT4 Porsche did not have)

As I know It Michelin optimal performance range is 70-90 degrees inside tire. This day I was alway runing up to 70 and best part, due to cold It never even went up that much higher. Hence a hot day, you could go over 90 and lose preformance so you need to do cool down lap in between, not this day😊(Correct tire pressure on GTS make you to be able to stay inbetween 70-90 degrees whit more ease, wrong tire pressure Its the other way - hard to stat inbetween 70-90...It will overcook to 100+ and destroy tire)

But I guess much Is also depending on what pressure/pace one set on car, If a guy drive very slow this day he might not get a GTS inside tire temp up to even 70 degrees wich is where you minimum should be to get the most out of tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Quite low temperatures for this kind of tires.
I guess you'll have better grip after the outside temperature will raise a little bit.
Between 15 to 20 degrees C is the optimal performance condition!
Can't wait to see more vids!

Last edited by Captain Unknown GT4; 04-29-2017 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 0