Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-19-2016, 11:12 PM   #67
FAM3
Major
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SSY View Post
Really hoping someone figures out how to get past the encryption without removing the dme.... your work is exciting though and I can't wait to see what the limits are with the stock hardware
X2 yes please
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 05:13 PM   #68
FThirtyFive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

This is awesome guys. Really looking forward to this release. I am assuming N55 is supported?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 10:35 AM   #69
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FThirtyFive View Post
This is awesome guys. Really looking forward to this release. I am assuming N55 is supported?
Yes absolutely
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #70
FThirtyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Sent you guys an email to sign up for the beta list
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 09:51 PM   #71
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Sent you guys an email to sign up for the beta list
thank you, responded back.

I think we need a thread to explain that with our flasher platform people can switch exhaust burble on or off by switching the map in about a minute or so whenever they choose to and wherever they may be by plugging the flasher in and using the mobile app to switch. That includes any other feature of a tune including tunes that have linear throttle vs. more aggressive or those with a cold start option and those that have it disabled, etc.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 12:15 AM   #72
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 09:47 AM   #73
FThirtyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post

I think we need a thread to explain that with our flasher platform people can switch exhaust burble on or off by switching the map in about a minute or so whenever they choose to and wherever they may be by plugging the flasher in and using the mobile app to switch. That includes any other feature of a tune including tunes that have linear throttle vs. more aggressive or those with a cold start option and those that have it disabled, etc.
Thanks for the email. The features you guys have coming will honestly make any typical bench flash pretty much obsolete. Really excited, keep fighting the good fight and can't wait for the release.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 11:38 AM   #74
ucsbshawn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, 135i, 320i

If this was posted by anyone other than PTF I would scream vaporware. But I know these guys are the real deal, totally transformed my old N55 135i into a car that scared me when I would hit the gas pedal.

I have a ZCP so I'm interested to see what they have in store.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #75
FAM3
Major
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:

Ok you have stated this but what about removal of the ECU? Is that still required? Or is the point that this will eliminate bench flashing/removal of the ECU?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #76
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM3
Quote:

Ok you have stated this but what about removal of the ECU? Is that still required? Or is the point that this will eliminate bench flashing/removal of the ECU?
To reiterate, bench flash IS STILL required whether it's PTF's solution or any other flash available on the market.

No one (that has posted or that I'm aware of) has cracked the encryption required to complete the initial flash via OBDII. PTF has indicated that is a project they're working on but it's not priority at this point.

FWIW, the physical task of pulling the ECU is trivial. The downtime isn't if the car is your DD.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #77
FThirtyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM3 View Post
Check the thread. They answered it a bunch of times already.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 03:55 PM   #78
FThirtyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
To reiterate, bench flash IS STILL required whether it's PTF's solution or any other flash available on the market.

No one (that has posted or that I'm aware of) has cracked the encryption required to complete the initial flash via OBDII. PTF has indicated that is a project they're working on but it's not priority at this point.

FWIW, the physical task of pulling the ECU is trivial. The downtime isn't if the car is your DD.
Unlike every other simple bench flash I can finally get my car dialed in and I run burble when I want and that's only sometimes on meets days for example. I am not one that can stand having a tune on the car without knowing anything about what its meant to do. That's the big deal here. Its like Cobb or MHD minus the initial unlock or as they call it jailbreak. I love the live dash feature too they have in the works!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #79
WoohooSoCal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS II / SS

Reading is fundamental.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #80
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Are you guys based in Toronto? This would sell me on the tune
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 06:17 PM   #81
ucsbshawn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, 135i, 320i

So when switching these settings and tunes will that add to the "flash counter" if so then this may not be for everyone who values their warranty. I know that now BMW checks that as one of the first things when going in for warranty work.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #82
FThirtyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbshawn View Post
So when switching these settings and tunes will that add to the "flash counter" if so then this may not be for everyone who values their warranty. I know that now BMW checks that as one of the first things when going in for warranty work.
That's actually false. My really good friend is a senior tech advisor. I also double checked with my Master Tech and they have no idea if the car was programmed when serviced by another dealer. That counter is irrelevant but if warranty is a huge concern just get another ECU if sh@t hits the fan as others mentioned and go in with that. I looked around yesterday and they're really not that expensive to get if something very expensive had to be repaired engine or transmission wise. They can't void all parts of your warranty anyways.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 07:32 PM   #83
cryptz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

with the above approach you should probably pull your real dme and set it aside, and then use the new one for the flash. I don't think you want to explain to them why the dme you have in the car now isn't the stock one..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #84
FThirtyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptz View Post
with the above approach you should probably pull your real dme and set it aside, and then use the new one for the flash. I don't think you want to explain to them why the dme you have in the car now isn't the stock one..
I guess you could do that too good point but I'll double check with the SA and Master Tech on that as well. Pretty sure they won't be able to know what exact module is in the car at a given point in time for any random BMW. Its just another part number.

You know, this warranty debate is something that can go on seemingly forever until you say eff that its my car and I want to be able to do bad things to it haha! And oh I so want to believe me! LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 09:16 PM   #85
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
That's actually false. My really good friend is a senior tech advisor. I also double checked with my Master Tech and they have no idea if the car was programmed when serviced by another dealer. That counter is irrelevant but if warranty is a huge concern just get another ECU if sh@t hits the fan as others mentioned and go in with that. I looked around yesterday and they're really not that expensive to get if something very expensive had to be repaired engine or transmission wise. They can't void all parts of your warranty anyways.
Shouldn't you just man up and pay for the repairs. Instead of trying to deceive BMW and getting some fraudulent repairs done.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #86
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Shouldn't you just man up and pay for the repairs. Instead of trying to deceive BMW and getting some fraudulent repairs done.
Let people do what they want.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 10:23 PM   #87
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
Let people fraud a company...great. BMW should read the forums and during service visits start randomly checking for ecu's that have been opened.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 05-22-2016 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 10:44 PM   #88
FThirtyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
+1 If I could have opted out of warranty and gotten some money back I would have. I wish they would offer that one day.
Appreciate 0