Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Closed Thread

01-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
M P
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 LSB M3

2016 M3 Individual Options

I got the following descriptions and pictures when looking into what Individual options might be available when ordering my M3. While I didn't order any of these, maybe someone will, and we will see them on some cars here!

I was really tempted by the bicolor leather shown at the end, but I thought it might be a bit loud in LSB. I think its looks absolutely fabulous in Frozen Red however!

(F80)
Middle Part of Front seat backs leathered in upholstery Color

(F80)
Center Console Sides Leathered in Upholstery Color

(F80)
Center Console back part Leathered in Upholstery Color

(F80)
Back Side of Headrests leathered in upholstery color

(F80)
Stitching Below the Radio

(F80)
Personalizing in Carbon Trim, Lasered

(F80)
Personalizing, Stitched in Handle of Hand Brake Lever

(F80)
Interior Trim Finishers Painted in Car Color

(F80)
Headrests with Personalized Stitching

(F80)
Bicolor Leather Merino Black / Mugellored w/ contrast stitching in Red on Black leather / Accent trim painted in Frozen Red

Appreciate 5
      01-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

This looks outstanding. Thanks for these!
Appreciate 4
iatacs19458.50
      01-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

These are very interesting to see. I don't want to even think about what the lead times would be on this stuff, but it's very cool to see. Definitely some things to think about for the next one.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
M P
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 LSB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
These are very interesting to see. I don't want to even think about what the lead times would be on this stuff, but it's very cool to see. Definitely some things to think about for the next one.
I didn't even ask about lead times, but those last three pics almost make me want to switch to Frozen Red. I've kind of always wanted bicolor seats...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #5
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M P View Post
I didn't even ask about lead times, but those last three pics almost make me want to switch to Frozen Red. I've kind of always wanted bicolor seats...
Frozen Red is certainly an interesting color.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #6
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Does anyone know if these options are availible on the comp pack seats? Specifically the black/red/red stitching??
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2016, 03:06 PM   #7
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Those bicolor seats
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #8
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Does anyone know if these options are availible on the comp pack seats? Specifically the black/red/red stitching??
I don't see why Individual wouldn't approve that since it's been allowed on the regular seats.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #9
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

The M4 I just got a production number for last month, that is being done through Individual Manufaktur, has many of the options on it that M P has in his photos post. I also chose to have the full doors covered, e.g. the bottom of the doors around the map pocket, as well as the matching "boomerang" shaped piece on the sides in the backseat of the M4. These items add up quickly. My individual options, including exterior color, totaled ~$26k The breakdown is as follows:

Exterior Paint - $5k
Center Console in full leather, including back piece by vents in leather - $1700
Black Full Merino Leather with stitching dyed to exterior car color - $7010
Door Handle in black leather with matching contrast stitching - $945
Door Cover (map case) in black leather - $4465
Rear "boomerang" side piece in black leather - $4465
Kneepad in black leather with contrast stitching - $405
Accent trim painted in exterior color - $3110

There is a fee charged for the door pulls, and kneepad, because they are being made in the contrast stitching we chose, and not a stock stitching color.

I inquired into doing the seat backs in leather, when we were opting for a different color leather at the beginning of this process, and to do the front seats, and the little pieces of the back seats comes to ~$2k. We are opting to do the carbon fiber EAS inserts to match the carbon fiber in the vehicle, since black leather would be lost with the black plastic side pieces on the seats.

All of these individual options equate to a 14 week lead time before the vehicle can be scheduled for production.

It took 7 months of back and forth to get to "gold master" and get a production number. I'm not paying MSRP, and did negotiate a good deal.

Edit-

It should be noted, all of this was approved WITH the ZCP comp pack, which I ordered.

Last edited by UrbanExtant; 04-18-2016 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #10
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Just got my Full black w/ SO stitching in ZCP approval. No lead time for this.

My car was delayed because there is a 2-4 week lead time for SO paint right now per Cora.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 10:21 AM   #11
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

The two tone black/red interior is absolutely gorgeous, wow.

I wonder if they'll offer at least the 2 tones seats later, like they did for the e9x
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #12
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
The two tone black/red interior is absolutely gorgeous, wow.

I wonder if they'll offer at least the 2 tones seats later, like they did for the e9x
Yeah I thought about requesting it but $5885 for full black w/ SO stitching ($2300 over standard full) was already enough lol
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #13
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Yeah I thought about requesting it but $5885 for full black w/ SO stitching ($2300 over standard full) was already enough lol
Yea, I love it, but no way in hell I can cough that kind of $ up haha. I'm already well over budget as is due to CP.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #14
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Yea, I love it, but no way in hell I can cough that kind of $ up haha. I'm already well over budget as is due to CP.
I took comp pack as a blessing. Sure its 5k but it let me feel comfortable ditching all the fluff. And that $5k gives me a lot more that I want then $3500 for Exec. Full leather, LED, Comp Pack. Nothing else needed IMO. $595 to retrofit back-up camera...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #15
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

I like panel down the back of the front seats, really breaks up the wall of black. The rest is too over the top for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 07:18 PM   #16
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 LSB M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
The M4 I just got a production number for last month, that is being done through Individual Manufaktur, has many of the options on it that M P has in his photos post. I also chose to have the full doors covered, e.g. the bottom of the doors around the map pocket, as well as the matching "boomerang" shaped piece on the sides in the backseat of the M4. These items add up quickly. My individual options, including exterior color, totaled ~$26k The breakdown is as follows:

Exterior Paint - $5k
Center Console in full leather, including back piece by vents in leather - $1700

There is a fee charged for the door pulls, and kneepad, because they are being made in the contrast stitching we chose, and not a stock stitching color.

I inquired into doing the seat backs in leather, when we were opting for a different color leather at the beginning of this process, and to do the front seats, and the little pieces of the back seats comes to ~$2k. We are opting to do the carbon fiber EAS inserts to match the carbon fiber in the vehicle, since black leather would be lost with the black plastic side pieces on the seats.

All of these individual options equate to a 14 week lead time before the vehicle can be scheduled for production.

It took 7 months of back and forth to get to "gold master" and get a production number. I'm not paying MSRP, and did negotiate a good deal.

Edit-

It should be noted, all of this was approved WITH the ZCP comp pack, which I ordered.
is what you refer to as "Accent trim painted in exterior color" for $3,110 the same as "Interior Trim Finishers Painted In Car Color" shown in the photos at the beginning of this thread?
      04-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #17
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacklsb View Post
is what you refer to as "Accent trim painted in exterior color" for $3,110 the same as "Interior Trim Finishers Painted In Car Color" shown in the photos at the beginning of this thread?
Yes, it is. I realized later I didn't word it as it is on the final order sheet from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #18
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22_M235i View Post
Those bicolor seats
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 07:27 PM   #19
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanExtant View Post

Exterior Paint - $5k

Edit-

That's awesome - thank you! Next time my check book is bigger than my eyes, I will be revisiting this thread. Until then, I have to settle for being a mere mortal feeling special by having a few port installed accessories before delivery
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #20
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, it is. I realized later I didn't word it as it is on the final order sheet from BMW.
Thank you! I just emailed my CSA to see if he can get that added to my LSB M3 order which does not yet have a production week assigned. I wish BMW was more transparent regarding what Individual offers so people like me don't need to rely on haphazard forum posts to learn of options. I asked my CSA if the trim could be painted in LSB and he said no, but had he been aware of this then the answer would have been yes, assuming BMW approves it.
      04-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #21
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thank you! I just emailed my CSA to see if he can get that added to my LSB M3 order which does not yet have a production week assigned. I wish BMW was more transparent regarding what Individual offers so people like me don't need to rely on haphazard forum posts to learn of options. I asked my CSA if the trim could be painted in LSB and he said no, but had he been aware of this then the answer would have been yes, assuming BMW approves it.
It's option 944-4WL "accent trim painted in...."

VIP Special Order Executive has to be the one to enter it. Have your CA contact her. She's a great lady to work with.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 07:38 PM   #22
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's option 944-4WL "accent trim painted in...."

VIP Special Order Executive has to be the one to enter it. Have your CA contact her. She's a great lady to work with.
Thank you so much! I'll email him this info now.
Closed Thread