Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

02-15-2016, 10:42 PM   #23
Mike_SSV
Rep
Drives: V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboy37 View Post
Really interesting observations
I test drove the c63 as well and liked it but at the time it was at least $22k more expensive than an lci m3. It's pretty subjective as to which one is better, but on price you have to draw the line somewhere and I could certainly not perceive that sort of difference

I found the mercs rear headroom pretty poor (I guess because of the big panoramic sunroof)
Thought the sound system was better in the merc
Was not a fan of the "stuck on iPad"

I added an Mpe to the m3, kept the difference and am really happy
If there was parity on price I probably would have gone with the merc for a bit of a change
At the end of the day both great cars

Interested to hear what you got quoted for drive away price on the merc
Agree on the stuck on iPad. Would look better if it was thinner with a smaller bezel.

I haven't been quoted a price yet, have things for the accountant to sort first. I am aiming for $160k. They were selling for silly prices at launch but things have calmed down. It is a 7 month wait for delivery for an order placed today, which is very reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoo View Post
Thanks for the write up was a good read =)

Don't know if i can quite agree with this point though:
C63s is outselling M3 about 10 to 1.

As a merc dealer he can see the C63 figures but he has no access to BMW Figures. Also a 10:1 ratio is ridiculous i see an F80 or F82 about 3-4 times a week on the road, his suggesting i'll see 30-40 C63s a week.

Eagerly awaiting your new wagon pics!
Industry members have access to very detailed information on sales, down to buyers incomes, postcodes etc, which helps them with marketing. Presume this has sales breakdowns, but a C63 has just launched so always going to be popular.
Based on the old C63, I would say I see 10 of them for every M3 on the road. However, in the car park at work, I think there are more M3s than C63s.

As for the wagon pics, I look forward to it too!
Since writing my thoughts, my wife and I 90% decided to move. We are looking at two properties, I of course want the one where a C63s is still part of the budget!
Appreciate 0