Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

06-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #1
YangEnterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BMW M4 - JAVA GREEN

AC Fabrication exhaust nightmare.

Hello all,

First off, I would like to point out that Mike @ X-PH is awesome. Communication between me and Mike were on point.

Alright...here comes the fun part. Oh, where to begin.....

Let's start by saying my experience with Burger Tuning (BMS) was good. Before my M4, I had a BMW 135i with a JB4. Car ran excellent and the communication was adequate.

I was in the market for an exhaust system for my M4. REMUS, AA, Akrapovic and BMS peaked my interests. I was specifically looking for a low deep sounding system and BMS caught my eye. I spoke to Mike @ X-PH and started asking questions on the BMS system. He informed me that they were running a special price on Burger Motorsports system.

So I took a shot and purchased it directly through X-PH. Shipping was fast, and packaging was again, on point....

Upon opening the system I noticed the axle back portion was dented as well as the tips being dented. I had my exhaust installed by a BMW Master technician / shop foreman of a major BMW dealership. He has been working on BMW's for 10+ years and he is a good friend of mine.

The install took about 1.5 / 2 hours with small breaks in between. After the install was finished, we noticed the axle back portion rubbing against the rear diff and the exhaust tips being extremely off.

When I started the vehicle, I noticed this rattling sound which we both thought was coming from where the exhaust was rubbing on the diff. We adjusted it the best we could and nope, still heard this annoying rattle.

Upon inspecting the rattle, my friend (shop foreman) noticed the inside of the driver side exhaust resonator having poor weld spots which is causing a vibration inside the chamber.

On April 24th, I took pictures, sound clips and sent them over to Burger Tuning as well as Mike. Mike responded right away apologizing for the damage and informed me the damage could've been from the shipping company. Mike then told me it does seem off and there shouldn't be a rattle. He then told me to wait until Burger Tuning emails me back.

Ando @ Burger Motorsports responds back apologizing for the damaged tips and dent but informs me there is nothing they can do and that I can adjust the tips since they are made of aluminum.

Ando then informs me that he isn't sure on the fitment of the exhaust system because a company called AC Fabrication makes them. So you guys are selling a system with YOUR company website but aren't sure on the fitment? Interesting....

Ando lets me know the rattle does seem off but for it to be a manufacture defect, I would have to send it back to X-PH (under my own expense aka pay for shipping), have them check it out, if they don't find anything wrong with it, I would have to pay for shipping just to get it back.

After that, Ando basically drops off the face of the earth and stops all communication. Not even a check up.

On May 24th, (yes, an entire month goes by without any form of follow up on how I am doing), I emailed Ando, Mike and AC Fabrication on getting a new system altogether from them because the rattling is unbearable at this point.

Mike does email me right away letting me know the only person who can help me is Ando and AC Fabrication. Okay, so I waited...and waited...and waited...

May 28th, I emailed Ando and AC Fabrication again asking if they received my last email and if they were going to help me out and if not, I am going to report them to the BBB. Ando and AC Fabrication emails me right away and responds with;

"What is your shipping address. I will send you a new driver side exhaust system and it will go out by Monday".

Fair enough. So Monday comes along, no tracking #. So I emailed them Monday night asking if it was shipped. No response. 8 days later, AC Fabrication emails me with the tracking information...8 freakin days later!?

Okay, well I just finished installing my new driver side system provided by AC Fabrication and Burger Tuning and oh my f*cking god...they cut the exhaust tips to short so the BMS 3.5 inch exhaust tips I purchased won't fit correctly. So I had to improvise and use the factory BMW tips which still don't fit right but better that the BMS 3.5 inch tips.

Do they not care about quality, customer service, reputation? This company has lost my business forever...It's a shame, exhaust sounds amazing but quality, fitment and overall communication is beyond sh*t.

Stay far away from this exhaust system. It will bring nothing but frustration and anger...

***Update (6/15/2017)***

Terry Burger and Mike @ Extreme Powerhouse took care of the issue. Terry Burger apologized numerous times and kept in contact with me throughout the entire process.

Quote Terry Burger;

"What a mess. Sorry no one told me what was
going on or I would have jumped in sooner. We're going to drop the ACF
exhaust all together I'm done with those guys. It works and sounds
good but the service is not where we expect it to be. We sold around 10 ACF exhausts, 7 guys loved it, 3 guys including you had fitment problems that we needed to engage ACF for. I love how it sounds and how light it is but its just not worth
it for us if 30% of the customers are not happy with the process".

Terry offered me a partial refund as well as an apology not only from him but his entire staff at BMS. I am glad BMS is dropping AC Fabrication.

Burger Motorsports has earned my business once again and I am glad this was resolved peacefully.

I would also like to give a big shout out to Mike @ Extreme Powerhouse. Not only did he keep in contact with me but made sure I was taken care of. I will continue being an Extreme Powerhouse client as well as give them nothing but high praises to fellow M / BMW owners.

Thanks for everyone who supported me. Love you Bimmerpost family!

Last edited by YangEnterprise; 06-15-2017 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
rr006rbc1203.00
      06-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #2
YangEnterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

Jeez I'd just ask for a full refund and move on
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
YangEnterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep

They don't offer refunds.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 09:29 PM   #5
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

That is awful! Tips are definitely off. Have you sent them the pics of the fitment?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 09:47 PM   #6
YangEnterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yes. They are fully aware of the fitment.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 11:02 PM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

OP,
Thank you for the review, feedback and pictures.

Completely agree with you on the quality of the system you have received. It is not acceptable and you should not have to keep it if you are not happy with it.

This issue will be taken care of, i can promise you that.
You can either return it for a full refund (and get the shipping costs covered) or get a partial refund and keep the exhaust.

You should have already received an email couple minutes ago with the different options we are offering. Please let me know what you decide to do.

Thank you and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
Jaymax85710.00
      06-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #8
junkbox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

yes I would return and buy from mike again. mike is great. remus with aa midpipe sounds best.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkbox View Post
yes I would return and buy from mike again. mike is great. remus with aa midpipe sounds best.
Thank you!!

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 12:46 AM   #10
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

I'm sorry am I the only one that laughed when first seeing the installed pic from the rear? Lol it looks like the work of a third grader.

But on the real; I'm sure the shipping company just decided to play hot potato with your package across a five lane highway.

BMS has been in long standing with the BMW crowd. They'll make it right.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 12:50 AM   #11
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc View Post
I'm sorry am I the only one that laughed when first seeing the installed pic from the rear? Lol it looks like the work of a third grader.

But on the real; I'm sure the shipping company just decided to play hot potato with your package across a five lane highway.

Hot potato? More like using it as a bat to hit other cars with.
      06-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #12
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc View Post

Doesn't sound like BMS was going to make it right until the OP threatened to report them to the BBB. Good companies would never have let it go that far.
Appreciate 1
Draper3454.00
      06-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #13
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstF80InSpace View Post
Doesn't sound like BMS was going to make it right until the OP threatened to report them to the BBB. Good companies would never have let it go that far.
This is an AC Fabrication exhaust not BMS. If OP decided to report a company to BBB it would be AC Fabrication.
Hopefully it wont get to that and issue will be resolved soon.

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 01:22 PM   #14
YangEnterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep

***Update (06-15-17)***

Terry Burger contacted me last night thanks to Mike@N54tuning forwarding the thread to Terry.

Terry apologized for the entire headache I've been through and he did agree that the exhaust looks like sh*t. He was completely unaware of the situation as Ando never told him.

He informed me that they've sold 10 systems and 3 out of 10 were defective like mine. So Terry told me this was the last straw and decided to pull the plug on AC Fabrication and will no longer do business with them.

Terry agreed to refund the BMS 3.5 inch tips ($200) since they don't fit the exhaust they sent me and agreed to partially refund me as well as keep the exhaust as a token of apology.

I will keep everyone posted on when I receive my refund.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #15
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstF80InSpace View Post
^ This

Vendors surprisingly become super-helpful once a thread like this goes up.
      06-15-2017, 09:51 PM   #16
YangEnterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep

***Update (6/15/2017)***

Terry Burger and Mike @ Extreme Powerhouse took care of the issue. Terry Burger apologized numerous times and kept in contact with me throughout the entire process.

Quote Terry Burger;

"What a mess. Sorry no one told me what was
going on or I would have jumped in sooner. We're going to drop the ACF
exhaust all together I'm done with those guys. It works and sounds
good but the service is not where we expect it to be. We sold around 10 ACF exhausts, 7 guys loved it, 3 guys including you had fitment problems that we needed to engage ACF for. I love how it sounds and how light it is but its just not worth
it for us if 30% of the customers are not happy with the process".

Terry offered me a partial refund as well as an apology not only from him but his entire staff at BMS. I am glad BMS is dropping AC Fabrication.

Burger Motorsports has earned my business once again and I am glad this was resolved peacefully.

I would also like to give a big shout out to Mike @ Extreme Powerhouse. Not only did he keep in contact with me but made sure I was taken care of. I will continue being an Extreme Powerhouse client as well as give them nothing but high praises to fellow M / BMW owners.

Thanks for everyone who supported me. Love you Bimmerpost family!
Appreciate 0