European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

04-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #1
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - SO/SS, 6MT

Garage List
GTA dealership who are Mod friendly

Hi all,

Just thought I throw the question out there... knowing most people here would have some mods on their car, which GTA (greater toronto area) dealership do you go to for maintenance/warranty work and if you know any service advisers in particular that will help out a F8x with aftermarket parts?

I understand that "officically" BMW can deny (and blacklist) any car with mods, but I am sure with so many aftermarket mods available, they must have some that support and are "mod friendly".

I heard Endras and Pfaff are couple good options but I don't know any advisers there.

Any input?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
Brennan ///M4
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post
I understand that "officically" BMW can deny (and blacklist) any car with mods, but I am sure with so many aftermarket mods available, they must have some that support and are "mod friendly".
Actually they can't. All they can do is not provide work under warranty if one of those mods is suspected/proven to have caused or contributed to the problem you are seeking to correct (ie: they can't deny a warranty claim on a blown engine because you switched out your suspension). Most dealers don't care one way or the other, but you can just call up their service desk and ask for their stance on it if you're worried.

The one caveat to that is if you have a history of warranty claims that are generally caused by mods (a lot of people like to mod their cars, break them, and then remove the mods again to get warranty work done ... oddly enough BMW seems to frown on that practice) ... in that case, some dealers have been known to outright refuse to service your vehicle.

I can't help you with suggestions on a dealer, other than to say that most TO people on the forum seem to swear by Endras. I'm sure others will chip in with first hand knowledge.
      04-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
dsomc6
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 / M4 / M4 Cab (Sold)

Pfaff BMW. Heavily into the tuning community and big supporters of True North.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 06:28 PM   #4
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

I'm was talking to the shop foreman at Endras and not only did he have no problem with mods, he offered to install them for me (we were talking about coilovers and JB4).
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #5
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - SO/SS, 6MT

Garage List
Thanks all for the input. Definitely put me at ease to know there are dealers who support the modding community.

I got my car from Endras, so that should be good. Thanks for the tip, Soundstream.
Appreciate 0