Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

07-05-2023, 07:44 AM   #1
Fantastipotamus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Vert DCT

Charity Car Show - Laconia/Weirs Beach, NH, Sat 7.22

http://www.lakesregionrotary.org/carshow/ is the site, put on by the local Rotary club to benefit the area.

My wife and I are planning to go, and will be there with our M4 (but not entering it at this point). I've never been to this show before, so to be honest, I have no idea what to expect cars wise? But, i will say, considering the proximity to Lake Winnipesaukee, i'm hoping for some 'lake money' cars making an appearance.

I said 'not entering it at this point', but if we got a bunch of M's to represent the forums, I'd be down. My car is certainly nothing special, but I don't think they'd care. More cars = more money!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 02:03 PM   #2
Fantastipotamus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Vert DCT

As mentioned, I wasn't sure what to expect from this, but it turned out pretty nice. Great day for it, and while it was definitely heavy on the classic muscle cars, there were some neat standouts too. There was not, however, a single BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin etc present, which was a little disappointing. Next year, I am going to register my M4, and we will probably enter my wife's wrapped V70 Polestar in there as well, to try to break up the classic car brigade a little.

Here were a few standouts:
Renault LeCar RS Alpine, great sunroof situation, looked like it would be a blast to drive.

Delorean DMC12, had a little flux capacitor and a pink prop-style hoverboard in the passenger seat

This super-custom Buick Riviera had the cleanest engine bay I've ever seen

Audi R8 V10 Plus

And right next to it.. bit of a mind blower, an Ariel Atom with Montana plates

But.... without a doubt, the king of the show for me, and original 1965 Shelby Cobra 427. $1.5mil - I'm sure it's an acquired skill to be able to get out of it without scorching the sh1t out of your calf on those side pipes. Good lord.
Appreciate 0