Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

04-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #89
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1233 View Post
So this has be a little concerned! This was my route from Munich to the Lake Como region as well. On google maps I agree SS340 looks fairly straightforward. If this way is not recommended, does anyone else have a good route from Munich to Lake Como? I'll be going in mid-May so I need to keep that in mind in regard to any mountain passes.

Also, Park Hyatt Milan. Fancy schmantzy!
I'll be in Monaco for the F1 race this year on my ED trip. Your pics of that have me excited! Will be held up at the Hermitage for the action. Hoping parking my car there for the duration of my stay is an option.
Lake Como itself was a really scary drive, getting there from the Stelvio pass wasnt terrible. From that experience, I know I'd never drive my personal car into Italy to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #90
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Lake Como itself was a really scary drive, getting there from the Stelvio pass wasnt terrible. From that experience, I know I'd never drive my personal car into Italy to be honest.
ED in Italy:
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #91
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

This post is so epic! Thanks for sharing. Taking good notes for my future ED in a year or so.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #92
nexlogic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, C63S, M4

Garage List
Epic adventure! Amazing car! Hope to see you around Orange County!
15' BMW M4 Silverstone + Performance Parts
My Instagram:https://instagram.com/thaitanicn/
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #93
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Beautiful man, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #94
1Northcar
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive Convertible

Following in your footsteps - with an M Sport Verte picked up on European Delivery

Thanks for the account and the great photos. Your experience with the car that turned in front of you and smashed into the barrier brought back memories of a prior ED when I was driving an open top SL on the Autobahn and a car flipped over in the air right in front of me before crashing. Like you I had to maneuver through a debris field. It was so weird seeing a vehicle upside down in the air right in front of me. At first I thought it must have fallen off the top of an auto transport trailer. (I now suspect it had a blown tire at a high rate of speed.) In any event we pulled off at the next exit and circled back only to see an emergency helicopter had landed on the side of the road and was already loading the driver into it. I was amazed at the German efficiency in being able to get to the scene of the accident almost immediately. Needless to say traffic was backed up for miles.

Mein auto, picked up last month in Munich at the Welt and just arriving today at the U.S. Port:

Here is a link to our European Delivery experience/photos from last month including stop over in Iceland, picking up the car at the Welt, the car and the Castles, and travels to Rothenburg and Salzburg (including a stay at Villa Trapp, the actual home in which the von Trapp family lived when they fled Austria the day before the Nazis closed the border):

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=832606

Last edited by 1Northcar; 04-23-2015 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #95
Homsyboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 TB/SO

That looks like truly an amazing adventure. This makes me regret not doing European delivery. It would have been so special..especially for my first car . To bad there's no way to re-receive your car there
Appreciate 1