European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

10-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
996ttelise
Captain
Rep
Drives: 458, GTS, Performante

I don’t drive my F80 because I don’t like it

Mine has sat parked for about 2 months, except for road trip on August 21 when I missed my plane and flights were booked because of the eclipse. I took the F80 ZCP so as not to put miles on my other cars.

Wife keeps asking why pay $$$ for it when no one drives it. I keep saying I will drive it when it gets cold or in the rain. So far, I even pass it up when it rains . . .

Today was cold so I forced myself to drive it. TPM warning came on. No big deal. I did have a flat on my August road trip so perhaps the new tire pressure dropped from sitting and in the cold.

The TPMS, however, sucks as bad as everything else on this car. Lol, I could not get it to reset and give me a dang reading to determine whether my pressure was dropping (i.e., I had a nail) or it was just cold and low from sitting. I won't hit reset again . . .

I had to drive around about 20 to 30 minutes just to get a pressure reading to determine whether I needed to go to a tire shop. Why the heck is that. My other cars are just about instantaneous.

So far, the only redeeming quality is color (YMB), ZCP wheels and power I suppose except BMW's traction control system is so pathetic one might as well just get a normal 3 . . . Squeaks, rattles, uncomfortable, very poor driving position, numb and sterile feeling. What a car!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread