ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-22-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
DBACE
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 LCI

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
2005 CBR1000RR  [10.00]
1995 ST1100  [9.00]
2009 Camry Hybrid  [0.00]
2016 YAS Marinas Blue F80 - But I thought I wanted Silverstone!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Went to a dealer today, that is the next closest to my immediate dealer, because they had a F80 YMB and I had an appointment nearby. I want an M3 and have not really checked one out in great detail, so I went. With two little Boyz the M3 is where it's at for us.. I was floored at how exceptional the car looked in person. The interior was SSII extended and it was simply, just freakin awesome. I have been looking at comparable cars so I can better understand what is out there and what I can get for a similar amount of money. Recently checked out Lexus CR-F and while it drove and sounded sublime, as soon as I turned the corner and saw this M3, the CR-F immediately fell off the list.....because, well......the car is simply ugly and the room in the back seats is not enough. Tried the ole "will buy the M3 now for $1500 over invoice" and they countered at $2500 over.

I walked away thinking man do I want that car.....but I thought I wanted Silverstone?!? People talk about the OCD when you own one, but this vasilating on what to buy is quite maddening.
      09-22-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Lexus RC-F is pretty dated given the competition of the M3/C63.
Appreciate 3
      09-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #3
wigaster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 AW 6MT

better think twice about that silverstone interior if you are going to have your two little boys in there very often... It does look amazing though....
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2015, 12:00 AM   #4
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

I'm getting Silverstone exterior and Sakhir Orange interior. Try looking at that combo. It's sweeeeeet. It's also very nice in M3 form. But to your SS interior....I wanted that too....but it will be Very hard to keep up. I asked one of the members here who got his M4 1 year ago - and he said if he had to do it all over agin, he would not have gotten the SS interior, as it's too hard to maintain.
      09-23-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
GoGetGriff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I thought you were literally telling my story. I wanted Silverstone, was going to wait until the '16's come in, but my local dealer had only ONE M3. And it was YMB on SS interior. I took an uber to Lexus to look at the RC-F one last time and when I went to the lot to decide on which color, the managers car was sitting there. The Lexus manager drove an M4 in YMB.

I was sold. Went to BMW, immediately got it, and by the time I left 4 people gave me compliments.

You won't regret it. And with 1500 miles on it and 3 months later, from someone who wears jeans daily, the upkeep isn't as bad as you'd think. I have yet to get an interior detail. It's not WHITE. It's literally a silver/gray. Holds up fine.

Pull that trigger.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2015, 06:58 AM   #6
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

The Lexus manager drove an M4 in YMB.

This pretty much says it all.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #7
bcl0328
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetGriff View Post
I thought you were literally telling my story. I wanted Silverstone, was going to wait until the '16's come in, but my local dealer had only ONE M3. And it was YMB on SS interior. I took an uber to Lexus to look at the RC-F one last time and when I went to the lot to decide on which color, the managers car was sitting there. The Lexus manager drove an M4 in YMB.

I was sold. Went to BMW, immediately got it, and by the time I left 4 people gave me compliments.

You won't regret it. And with 1500 miles on it and 3 months later, from someone who wears jeans daily, the upkeep isn't as bad as you'd think. I have yet to get an interior detail. It's not WHITE. It's literally a silver/gray. Holds up fine.

Pull that trigger.
is it douchey that the main reason i want an M4 is because of all the attention you get? i had people give me compliments all the time when i got my 328i almost 3.5 years ago. i miss that feeling.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 07:15 AM   #8
Bilal04
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m2 comp (oct 2018)

yas marina exterior + silverstone interior
Appreciate 2
      09-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #9
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

bcl0328is it douchey that the main reason i want an M4 is because of all the attention you get? i had people give me compliments all the time when i got my 328i almost 3.5 years ago. i miss that feeling.

YES
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #10
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328xi, '16 F82 (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328
Quote:

Pull that trigger.
is it douchey that the main reason i want an M4 is because of all the attention you get? i had people give me compliments all the time when i got my 328i almost 3.5 years ago. i miss that feeling.
Who cares if it's douchey if it makes you happy to get all the attention, by all means get it. YMB will definitely get you the attention. As well as AY and SO.
      09-23-2015, 11:10 AM   #11
GoGetGriff
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328
Quote:

Pull that trigger.
Haha! Do what makes you happy. You work hard for something and it feels good when people acknowledge it.

Besides, regardless if it makes you feel douchy, only YOU would know if you feel like a douche. HAH!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #12
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

I almost went with YMB but I'm glad I stayed with SS.

I also got the SS interior (full) and it looks amazing.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #13
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

go for the SS interior. best interior color by far, provided you're willing to put in just a little extra maintenance.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #14
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
I loved the SS/SS as my first choice. And then YMB showed up and had the exact same effect on me. Give it a few days. Because the YMB wowness eventually wore off. The SS is just such an easy color to love, everyday -- on low days, on high days. It goes under the radar most days unless you put your settings in sport plus, and floor it. The lines it shows on this car is amazing, and it changes color on every shade of light. It is classy, without being at everyone's face.

I would suggest you to think twice about SS, esp. since you've already picked it as your favorite. YMB and AY are great colors to look at, but hard to live with every day, IMO.

Oh, and here are all the pictures I took to help me fight the battle between SS and YMB: http://1drv.ms/1QBKz9E

In the end, SS/SS won by far

Last edited by wazzza; 09-24-2015 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #15
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
I call BS on this. That BMW was probably owned by a prospective customer or external contractor or other specified approved purpose, but there's no way any manufacturer (or dealer owner) would allow one of their managers to drive a car of a direct competitor to work and park it on their premises for everyone to see.

I did contract work for one car manufacturer and if that happened, the offender will get a warning for first offense and told to immediately remove the car; and if it happens a 2nd time, you're a goner. There's nothing to stop the employee from owning another brand but don't bring it work.

And this unwritten rule is not limited to cars. I heard, for example, no Apple employee is allowed to own a Samsung phone or any product that competes with Apple and bring it to work. It not only makes sense, it's common sense.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #16
GoGetGriff
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma
Quote:
I call BS on this. That BMW was probably owned by a prospective customer or external contractor or other specified approved purpose, but there's no way any manufacturer (or dealer owner) would allow one of their managers to drive a car of a direct competitor to work and park it on their premises for everyone to see.

I did contract work for one car manufacturer and if that happened, the offender will get a warning for first offense and told to immediately remove the car; and if it happens a 2nd time, you're a goner. There's nothing to stop the employee from owning another brand but don't bring it work.

And this unwritten rule is not limited to cars. I heard, for example, no Apple employee is allowed to own a Samsung phone or any product that competes with Apple and bring it to work. It not only makes sense, it's common sense.
You're probably totally right. But I do know they hired a new staff that EXACT weekend at Jim Falk Lexus of Santa Monica. And I have ZERO reason to lie about it. I'll never forget the dealers face, her name was Penelope. She has and Australian accent and she just went, "Oh gosh. That's beautiful.."
Appreciate 0