Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

06-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #23
mtr3s
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Bought 3 cars off BMW silver spring. Got to test drive all of them, no hassles and better pricing than Rockville.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #24
nikosaur
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
bmw fairfax told me i couldnt test drive an M car. Maybe you thought i was poor cause i was dressed like a bum from painting my garage. oh well
I test drove an M4 at Fairfax no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #25
DeliAhjusshi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 ZCP

When I was in the market to buy a m3 my SA at fairfax was gonna arrange a test drive in an m4 they had on the lot. I ended up just purchasing at Rockville due to stock availability and the Peter Wang hookup.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #26
elias
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
They don't let anyone test drive M cars. Imagine if your M car had 25 miles on it when you took delivery.
I went to Passport BMW and test drove two M4's one with the DCT and the other was manual so I could decide which Tranny I wanted to order. CA told me to take
as long as I wanted and make sure to drive it hard so I could see its capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #27
kdu3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
BMW of Fairfax is owned by Sonic Automotive. Their pricing goes by their 'Sonic Price'. The Sonic price is based on similar cars in the area. They try to be the lowest in the area so clients don't have to haggle and waste time. They also try and price competitively the first go 'round.

Thank you for your feedback though! I will be forwarding your comments to management to make our client experience better!
I like the Sonic brand, but in the M4 their pricing was off by about $5k. I doubt anyone would consider that competitive. I did get to test drive, but ultimately could only go around the block. I ended purchasing from Rockville...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 07:45 AM   #28
suprajjang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SMB M3CS

It's great that we have so many dealers to choose from when buying our cars but I guess it also depends on who you speak with regarding the deals you receive. Looking at the last several posts, I was surprised because the sales manager at Rockville kept it very short and simple. He said he only sells M cars at MSRP and that he hoped we can do business in the future as it seemed very unlikely we could do business now.

Out of all the dealerships in the area, Midlothian(Richmond) & Passport to me were the most aggressive on price but also the most helpful in spending the time to find me the car I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
Msmall143
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosaur View Post
I test drove an M4 at Fairfax no questions asked.
my post was over a year old. maybe they changed policy
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 11:23 PM   #30
LukeM15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 Comp Xdrive

Got my M3 from BMW Rockville my sales guy even asked me if I wanted to drive my M3 car was on the showroom floor I said no (looked so nice in there). Instead he went out n grab another m3 for me to drive. It varies by dealer but yea some dealers are picky with their cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 11:25 PM   #31
LukeM15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprajjang View Post
It's great that we have so many dealers to choose from when buying our cars but I guess it also depends on who you speak with regarding the deals you receive. Looking at the last several posts, I was surprised because the sales manager at Rockville kept it very short and simple. He said he only sells M cars at MSRP and that he hoped we can do business in the future as it seemed very unlikely we could do business now.

Out of all the dealerships in the area, Midlothian(Richmond) & Passport to me were the most aggressive on price but also the most helpful in spending the time to find me the car I wanted.
Passport refused to go anything less 1000 off. Guess they weren't aggressive enough with me.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 06:10 AM   #32
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM15 View Post
Quote:

Passport refused to go anything less 1000 off. Guess they weren't aggressive enough with me.
I got my 2017 M4 $3000 below invoice last week from Passport and BMW of Fairfax couldn't even come close.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #33
DeliAhjusshi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM15 View Post
Quote:

I got my 2017 M4 $3000 below invoice last week from Passport and BMW of Fairfax couldn't even come close.
Great deal. Mine was 2400 below at Rockville.
Appreciate 1
alex23642857.00
      06-22-2017, 11:38 AM   #34
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BEE-EM-DUBLOO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroonly View Post
Who is Manuel?
Manuel is probably a human being.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #35
///BMW Junkie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4chiavellif82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroonly View Post
Who is Manuel?
Manuel is probably a human being.
Lol
      07-16-2017, 01:39 AM   #36
Rockshaker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, MG 318i 1997

Quote:

Midlothian hooked me up! No price haggling needed. They offered a great price up front on a 2018 M3 with an allocation. I had my production number day 1.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #37
suprajjang
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshaker View Post
Midlothian hooked me up! No price haggling needed. They offered a great price up front on a 2018 M3 with an allocation. I had my production number day 1.
Yup they are great to deal with. If you are in the area, see you around!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #38
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshaker View Post
I called Midlothian about an in stock car they had and apparently they treat the exterior and interior of all their cars with something called Resist All and put LoJack on all their high end cars. I told them thanks but no thanks. I wouldn't want that even if you paid me for that crap!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #39
suprajjang
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
I called Midlothian about an in stock car they had and apparently they treat the exterior and interior of all their cars with something called Resist All and put LoJack on all their high end cars. I told them thanks but no thanks. I wouldn't want that even if you paid me for that crap!
I do see that on in stock vehicles they have but luckily for me, my car was not on the lot and didn't get those installed
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #40
DBACE
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 LCI

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
2005 CBR1000RR  [10.00]
1995 ST1100  [9.00]
2009 Camry Hybrid  [0.00]
Cool BMW of FairFax - Experiences will Vary

You have to look at both sides of the table when one complains about another. I think in some cases being a good customer helps, and having showed up in a ragged state in lieu of calling ahead and scheduling an appointment maybe was an indication you really didn't want to buy at that time. I feel bad for sales folks, (just a little bit mind you), who have to cull through the minutia of those seeking joyrides in vehicles they have no intention of buying and those who really are seeking to purchase their product.

When I decided to purchase an F80 I shopped all over the Nation. I was willing to travel where-ever to pick up the car. I looked for a dealer with a demo locally and found one, they are out there. Would you believe after looking and seriously inquiring on a F80 order, I settled on what I felt was a very good deal with BMW of Fairfax. Their price was not just competitive, it was the best price. I was pleased with the outcome and had the exact car I wanted.

So far, I have been treated well, two maintenance cycles on the car and I have not had any issues with the car or BMW of Fairfax.

But like all service industries, there will always be bad experiences, good experiences and exceptional experiences. It really is dependent on both parties.