proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #45
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Thanks for posting.

I hope that front lip is poly because it won't last long if it's CF.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #46
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport

I really can't understand for the life of me why the entire line of BMW performance parts doesn't come on a damn m3m4 to begin with. Those parts should be reserved to make the more docile, daily driven regular bmw's handle and look more "sporty" and performance orientated. Makes no sense, and is a complete scam for us.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #47
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
it's called making money. see capitalism(1)
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #48
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA
Don't know if i can stomach those prices. However, the rear diffuser and front air splitter pieces would really liven up the AW exterior and complement the roof.
I really think that BMW needs to offer a factory fit option for these, it is soooo pointless to be left with a load of unwanted brand new parts !!!
Agreed. Seems ridiculous to me why the car can't be delivered with these.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #49
BC87
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
I really think that BMW needs to offer a factory fit option for these, it is soooo pointless to be left with a load of unwanted brand new parts !!!
+1
      06-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #50
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Isn't it odd these are called M performance parts when M performance is the line that is under ///M
      06-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #51
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Spoiler and lip look great. Diffuser is something this car needs, but this one may not be aggressive enough. That spoiler + diffuser + varis-type undertray would really beef up the ass.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #52
J_F82
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3, VIP IS250

Looks soo good!! Thanks for sharing. Def upgrade on front splitter, carbon fiber mirror cover, CF rear spoiler, steering wheel, stainless steal pedals, titanium sport exhaust, not sure if going with CF tip finish or stainless steel looks they both looks great! And I thought the original came with black kidney grilles?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #53
Oaktree
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 - 2010 M3 - 1999 M3

People keep saying capitalism but eventually someone will wake up and make a great 'stock' M car. When you produce a good car, albeit the M4, it doesn't WOW you anymore. I for one are waiting to see if the 2016 year brings the competition package, then I'm already looking at the accessories available, ie exhaust. Imagine if they just blew away the competition and had a crazy desirable car that everyone wanted 'stock'. Resale values up, traffic in the dealerships up, excitement, buzz, M heritage, etc.. I feel the latest generation of BMW's are making people walk or willing to look at other models or brands that they historically have not thought of purchasing, especially M as it's not a wow car anymore. That's my opinion.

Note - I still love BMW, I understand sales are up but I truly believe they are losing some of there identity.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #54
accce
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SBM/BLK EXT CC Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl L View Post
Agreed. While I'm not a fan of the other items I'd definitely order the M Perf exhaust for the weight savings if it was fitted on the assembly line.
How much weight do you actually save?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #55
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed
Isn't it odd these are called M performance parts when M performance is the line that is under ///M
Great point!
      06-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #56
EndBosS
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Coupé

Garage List
2024 XM  [9.00]
2022 G01 X3 LCI xDr ...  [0.00]
can't choose... i'll take it all!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #57
e39>all
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i sedan

I'm a BMW enthusiast, homer, etc. This is the only forum of any sort I ever visit on a good basis and I have every intention of getting an m3 next year, but I have to agree with the sentiments of the last 8-10 posters, I am all for capitalism, but it seems like the direction they are going now especially since in f10 m5 has just leapfrogged the delicate line of increasing profit margin and sorta insulting the buyer's intelligence, taking it too far or however you wanna put it. I know the standard bs responses of "well if you don't like it you don't have to buy it", but the thing is I WANT TO BUY IT (BMW). I don't mind getting bent over some, they are a smart company and build great products that should profit greatly, I just don't wanna get bent over too far, too many times on the same car. The competition package and the mandatory performance exhaust (IMO) on the f10 m5 increased the base price a decent %, and while ultimately the main reason I ended up passing on the m5 wasn't due to my "principles" or any of that necessarily, it didn't help my decision, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. I've been optimistic they would dial back the upcharging on many items that should be standard with the m3/4, I guess we shall see what comes to pass on the competition package and MPE.

While extra options can't really be a bad thing, the notion of paying extra (much extra in some cases) for performance parts on their flagship performance cars can be frustrating. Especially when you don't get credit for the items that are now useless such as the factory exhaust and pay 8k or whatever extra for the upgraded exhaust on the m5/6. And the fact that they had to make an expensive performance package for the cars handling etc characteristics to be what they should be stock....sigh. The stock m5 exhaust vs performance exhaust is night and day. Making a fairly good sounding mid-tier exhaust stock and have an option to get a louder more exotic etc exhaust makes more sense to me (the customer of course) then 2 exhausts that are on opposite ends of spectrum. It's not like the better exhaust costs 74,000% more to make than the stock.

Anyways, I haven't been a fan of the new m3 exhaust but I'm coming around as more info and vids are coming out and could probably live with the stock. However, I really really hope that the performance exhaust is reasonable and they tone down the competition package more towards e9x m3 opposed to f10 m5. People can pay extra for cosmetic stuff, lowering, hp bump etc all day long, I just thing the car's main character should come standard (particularly handling and at least a moderate sounding exhaust).
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #58
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

For they guys who are complaining, have you ever shopped for a Porsche???

And the Performance exhaust is an Akra unit... NO WAY it's going to be reasonably priced... but you have the option to pick up something else that will be reasonably priced.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #59
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by e39>all View Post
I'm a BMW enthusiast, homer, etc. This is the only forum of any sort I ever visit on a good basis and I have every intention of getting an m3 next year, but I have to agree with the sentiments of the last 8-10 posters, I am all for capitalism, but it seems like the direction they are going now especially since in f10 m5 has just leapfrogged the delicate line of increasing profit margin and sorta insulting the buyer's intelligence, taking it too far or however you wanna put it. I know the standard bs responses of "well if you don't like it you don't have to buy it", but the thing is I WANT TO BUY IT (BMW). I don't mind getting bent over some, they are a smart company and build great products that should profit greatly, I just don't wanna get bent over too far, too many times on the same car. The competition package and the mandatory performance exhaust (IMO) on the f10 m5 increased the base price a decent %, and while ultimately the main reason I ended up passing on the m5 wasn't due to my "principles" or any of that necessarily, it didn't help my decision, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. I've been optimistic they would dial back the upcharging on many items that should be standard with the m3/4, I guess we shall see what comes to pass on the competition package and MPE.

While extra options can't really be a bad thing, the notion of paying extra (much extra in some cases) for performance parts on their flagship performance cars can be frustrating. Especially when you don't get credit for the items that are now useless such as the factory exhaust and pay 8k or whatever extra for the upgraded exhaust on the m5/6. And the fact that they had to make an expensive performance package for the cars handling etc characteristics to be what they should be stock....sigh. The stock m5 exhaust vs performance exhaust is night and day. Making a fairly good sounding mid-tier exhaust stock and have an option to get a louder more exotic etc exhaust makes more sense to me (the customer of course) then 2 exhausts that are on opposite ends of spectrum. It's not like the better exhaust costs 74,000% more to make than the stock.

Anyways, I haven't been a fan of the new m3 exhaust but I'm coming around as more info and vids are coming out and could probably live with the stock. However, I really really hope that the performance exhaust is reasonable and they tone down the competition package more towards e9x m3 opposed to f10 m5. People can pay extra for cosmetic stuff, lowering, hp bump etc all day long, I just thing the car's main character should come standard (particularly handling and at least a moderate sounding exhaust).
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #60
Jurena
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Honda Accord EX-L Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndBosS View Post
can't choose... i'll take it all!
lmao same here
Blackvue front and Rear camera
V1 Radar Detector
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #61
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Quote:

None of the accessory parts here increase the performance of any kind...the exhaust may give you better sound but that's it.

What's your rambling all about. BMW has been producing LCI models ever since I can remember.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #62
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport

Shouldn't an m3/m4 come with all the m performance parts? Scam....BMW needs to figure out how to make non-m cars feel like bmw's of yesterday. These m perf scam kits are bs.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #63
4/3rds
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 (transporting)

Garage List
I'll just keep buying up what I can from iND. These parts should be available sooner. BMW is already missing out in my $.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 09:21 AM   #64
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Almost all the manufacturers have performance lines that they try to sell to you after you buy your car. It's a way for them to tap into the lucrative mod market with their own cars. Even if all these parts were boxes you could select in the ordering process there would still be a market for similar parts. Why? Because no matter what anyone buys, no matter how fantastic the car out of the box, you will tire of it somewhat and be eying upgrades and ad-ons to keep it feeling fresh and new.

Why would BMW not want that business?

Careful with this stuff though. The mod bug can become an addiction. That's why I am not planning any mods this time around.

<--- future buyer of the pedals, shifter, exhaust, and a tune when available.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #65
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA
Don't know if i can stomach those prices. However, the rear diffuser and front air splitter pieces would really liven up the AW exterior and complement the roof.
Me either. Might as well just tie me up in a gay brothel and spread peanut butter between my ass cheeks. The prices are ridiculous!

The other thing that bothers me about BMW is the mismatch CF weaves. The roof is 1x1 plain, but everything else is 2x2 twill. At least with the E46 M3 CSL, all of the 1x1 plain weave was consistent throughout the interior, exterior and under the hood. I am not a fan of 2x2!!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #66
e39>all
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3
Quote:

None of the accessory parts here increase the performance of any kind...the exhaust may give you better sound but that's it.

What's your rambling all about. BMW has been producing LCI models ever since I can remember.
My rambling is about my thoughts/concerns about the direction a certain aspect of the car brand I enjoy and read about on a daily basis is potentially going on M models since the f10 m5, as I mentioned throughout my post. And while I did not quote all their posts, I referenced the previous handful of posters with similar concerns or sentiments and I simply expounded upon them with my own humble opinions and views (forums, ever heard of them?).

While I probably shouldn't post on an Internet forum after I have taken a sleeping pill, you can take the time to actually read my post and see I was reasonably clear. I didn't really mention the parts catalog at all, I think cosmetic options, or options of any sort are great. Weight savings, visual preference, whatever the reason, the more options the better, no such thing as too many. I'm am pleased they are expanding the consumer's ability to have different options/choices/upgrades. I just posted about a broader issue that happens to overlap with the performance parts (the exhaust glaringly in particular).

I'm not saying there shouldn't be options, or even that the performance exhaust should be standard. However, I simply feel that an adequate exhaust should be stock on a BMW M car. I feel that performance exhaust should be an option rather than a necessity. Of course what's adequate is debatable and subjective especially in the arena of sound. Many were satisfied with the exhaust on the f10 m5, a great deal of others felt it was inadequate and a different exhaust a necessity. While the jury is still out on the m3/4, there have been reviews and a few take delivery and it doesn't look good for team stock exhaust so far. UAE just posted an update to his main thread and says (paraphrasing) he now feels that the performance exhaust will be a must have. Good news for BMW profits, bad news for buyers : ) Of course sound is subjective and there are the people that post "you don't buy a car for the sound" nonsense when no person on this forum wants a "bad sounding car". Of course the % of importance different car enthusiasts place on sound varies wildly. I probably place a little less importance on it than the average joe here, but it's still a part of the overall driving experience. I know turbo is difficult yada yada, but if BMW can make a performance exhaust for the f10 that makes u have an eargasm, then I'm quite sure they are capable of bridging the gap between stock and performance exhausts and having a middle of the road type that satisfy most customers on their M models.

Also, regarding the competition package for the m5 and my hopes for the m3/4.....no one that's spending 100k+ on a car wants to get the slower, lesser performing version of their super sedan so almost all are gonna get it (might as well be in base price). I was simply stating I hope whatever package gets offered in the m3/4 is less involved than the m5's package, more of a cosmetic option than performance or technical upgrade. I'm sure I'll add it to my build regardless, I just hope I can add it with a smile on my face : )

BMW is selling a product, and they care what their customers and potential customers think. They don't send you those emails or phone calls asking for your input on a variety of things simply for no reason. They also care about constructive feedback on Internet forums such as this believe it or not. It wasn't a coincidence after the outrage and displeasure about the new m5's weight gain, there was huge engineering/marketing focus on weight savings on the new m3/4. While it's impossible to make everyone happy in every way possible, BMW got to be #1 by building good products and trying to give the customers what they want.

I am optimistic about the future of BMW M and very optimistic about the F80 m3. I'm sure they'll get me on some extra $ for exhaust, but in reality this car is already a steal for the price for what the car was built for, it's basically a race car (that looks amazing inside/out) that you can haul around kids or whatever else in the useable back seats. I can't think of anything under 100k I would remotely rather have than this car.

Now let's get back to Christmas shopping for accessories for our new m3 toys.
Appreciate 0