Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
FOACAD
Airborne!
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW/CR 135i Msport

Emails I received from my dealer....

So before I deployed I told my salesman in Germany that I was very interested in the newest M3/M4 and would like updates on its progress. I hadnt heard from him for about a month or so since deploying. Then a couple days ago I got this email.

Quote:
Hi Dustin,

Hope all is well. I just wanted to keep you updated with the new M3 2014 model 6 inline and new body style. The orders can be placed as of May / June 2013, please let me know if you would like for me to email you the new price list once itīs available. Take care, I will talk to you soon. Thank you.

Best regards,
I replied back with saying that I had heard that the M4 would not be released until the following year and asked when he thought deliveries would be made for the the new M3.

Here is his reply to that.

Quote:
Good Morning Dustin,

Thank you for the reply. I think the coupe will be available first but we donīt know yet, and there will a 2 and 4 door available. Also, for the delivery I think it will be the end of the year for both. I will of course forward you the ordering guide as soon as we receive it. Take care, and I will talk to you soon.

Best regards,
Obviously he isnt "in the know" like some on here claim with insider status etc. But coming from a salesperson who I personally know has self interest in this project, im curious how much of this is accurate.

November/December delivery for BOTH the 2 door and 4 door varient? This almost sounds too good to be true. Very curious to see how long until he gets the ordering sheets, and what the military ordering sheets will look like compared to US and ED.

Anyways, these emails got me very excited while im sitting here with nothing but white Toyota Corrolas and jingle trucks to look at for civilian vehicles for the next 8 months.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
richardg
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MacanGTS, 991.2GT3, E63wagon

We have been told this will be the first time the sedan comes first. IMO I think this would work well for BMW as it will allow them to sell more sedans than before, increasing it's business case going forward into the future. I think many people just won't want to wait and will buy the 4 door immediately. I still think the sales will be predominantly M4 though in the long run. Sedans on US shore in spring of 2014 after being shown to the public in fall of 2013. The coupe shown publicly in the summer of 2014 and US deliveries in spring 2015. I expect the EU to get the car about 3-4months ahead of when we do. Or if the stars align it will be shown off together, but I doubt that.

On the Other hand

The M5 was shown first to the public and honestly I don't know if it's on US shores yet. I have not seen one in person or on the forums for US members. It was here in Detroit at NAIAS but I haven't seen it since. I know it is at PDC but has anyone seen one in the hands of a customer stateside? The M6 is out there for sale though and that was unveiled second. Maybe the sedan will show first but go on sale in the EU first while we get the M4 unveiled second and actually get that car here first in the states.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Sorry, but that's not accurate at all.

The sedan will be introduced before the coupe. And we will not see the sedan hit the market until 2014. These are not just our own wild speculations, but based on info from our official sources, recently reconfirmed.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

The sedan will be introduced before the coupe. And we will not see the sedan hit the market until 2014. These are not just our own wild speculations, but based on info from our official sources, recently reconfirmed.
The only thing that may be different is if the car (M3 sedan) launches a bit earlier for the EU market (which would not have impact for Military as they are delayed US). The US with its June launch may be a few months later than EU...

I personally still think the car is well ahead for public development for a Spring 2014 launch, even with sources pointing to that date almost unanimously. Also, as we know from the E9X the coupe and sedan are not all that different even if this time the front fascias will be... development should not be all that long for the coupe considering all the development with the sedan.
      08-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
FOACAD
Airborne!
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW/CR 135i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Well i guess we will see once i go to place my order in May/June of next year.

Not sure why my salesman would tell me that is when i can place my order if he didnt have something to back that up with. He wouldnt just email me out of the blue unless he was given some sort of info to go on.

I cant help but think that BMW wouldnt release a 2014 car well into Q2 of 2014 like you and others have suggested.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

And this is why salesmen are the last people you should trust with product and availability info. At best, they are woefully ill-informed about the brand they're representing. At worst, they will say anything to get your money.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0