Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Thumbs up bootmod3 Stage 2 OTS map finalized - 93 octane, dyno

Hey guys, we got a chance to hit the dyno Saturday and finalized the OTS Stage 2 93 octane tune. The car is the same 6MT M4 we ran here on the OTS Stage 1 map.

Of note is conditions were warmer on Saturday than they were when Stage 1 was dynoed but unfortunately we haven't yet found a way to travel back in time but give us "2 weeks" and we might have a time machine ready to go

Here is a link to the Stage 1 93 octane dyno and details on the car:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1297004

We added decat downpipes and retuned. Only mods on the car are K&N dropin panel filters and decat downpipes. It picked up some really nice gains.

Here are 3 back to back runs on Stage 2 as well. Note that top end on the first of the three was lower and then it picked up due to adaptation after that which was great as car gets heat soaked when runs are done back to back which didn't seem to affect it much. Last run made the most power.

These are in smoothing set to 5.

Name:  Stage 2 93 back to back runs_zpskhkmf6bm.JPG
Views: 68836
Size:  111.0 KB

Here's an overlay against the previous Stage 1 93 octane map including the original stock baseline. We set this to smoothing 0 to match what we posted before:

Name:  bootmod3 Stage 2 vs. Stage 1 vs. stock_zpsef86c65g.JPG
Views: 45805
Size:  130.9 KB

Downpipes on their own without any retuning added about 15-20whp without any retuning. We have probably about 1-1.5psi here over the previous Stage 1 and managed to add about a degree of timing or so without significant timing pull. Power picked up throughout the RPM range except at the very top 7k+rpm most likely due to efficiency of the turbo. Overall response of the car is also slightly improved due to freer flowing downpipes but even with our Stage 1 the S55 had virtually no lag.

Not shabby at all for ~22-22.5psi at the pre-throttle TMAP sensor, 93 pump gas (98 RON). 500whp/550-560wtq in a RWD car on street tires and just downpipes make this a a truly great all around no headaches performer.

Note that our dyno is not the most optimistic number producing of Dynojets out there given the lower baseline but that's dynos for ya and you can take that into account.

Another point worth mentioning is that this is just a representation of what we felt was a nice way to make for an OTS map but with bootmod3 and custom tuning possibilities are virtually endless. These maps can also be used in a stacked fashion with a JB4 if that's your cup of tea and find the JB4 features handy over what bootmod3 already provides such as PI fuel control, various external failsafes, boost target/map switching etc.

S55 OTS Stage 1 and Stage 2 pump gas maps are now officially available through bootmod3.

Question remains, what will the car pick up with an intake and a full exhaust? Any guesses?

Cheers everyone. Let us know if any questions at all.

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 07-17-2017 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 8
      10-31-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Looks awesome guys great work! With an intake I'm guessing another 15-20whp? Rear ehaust maybe another 10?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #3
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Love my stage 2! Great work Dzenno, car is a monster now.
Jadar1752.50
      10-31-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
frcefed579
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90--15 R1 Yamaha Blue

Awesome work gents.. I'll surely be seeing you guys this spring!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 07:40 PM   #5
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Excellent work guys!

Can't wait to see more results with more mods!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 05:37 AM   #6
chewbakam4
Major
Rep

I'm really wondering how far in boost you can really go until stock turbos are tapped out on like race gas or E85. I've seen people go for 30psi but I really think that's blowing hot air more than anything?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 08:35 AM   #7
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

This may be a silly question but will the power numbers be the same for DCT as they are for 6MT?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 09:54 AM   #8
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Looks awesome guys great work! With an intake I'm guessing another 15-20whp? Rear ehaust maybe another 10?
Those numbers make sense provided they're restrictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
Love my stage 2! Great work Dzenno, car is a monster now.
Thank you! Really glad you're enjoying that beast! Needs sticky tires and warmer ambients

Quote:
Originally Posted by frcefed579 View Post
Awesome work gents.. I'll surely be seeing you guys this spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Excellent work guys!

Can't wait to see more results with more mods!

Quote:
I'm really wondering how far in boost you can really go until stock turbos are tapped out on like race gas or E85. I've seen people go for 30psi but I really think that's blowing hot air more than anything?
We'll see, hard to say. We have seen some tuners running 24-26psi even with pump gas without making much of a difference in the numbers over what we're doing here with less boost. We'll probably go there with higher octane but first we'd like to see where the numbers sit with the rest of the boltons on Stage 2 and if there's maybe a possibility of a Stage 2+ with an intake and full exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
This may be a silly question but will the power numbers be the same for DCT as they are for 6MT?
They'll be very similar if not the same.
Appreciate 3
      11-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #9
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/F82 M4

Great work!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 11:34 AM   #10
LAKERS333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Any plans of doing some dynos on 91 octane for us Cali folks?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #11
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKERS333 View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #12
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
+1
We are getting set up for BM3, we have a dynopak on site and will be offering a packaged deal with before-and-after dynos

If you'd like to set up an appointment please shoot me or Golan a PM or give us a ring
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #13
BMW M4 PWR
Major
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4

Absolutely phenomenal!! This is what I was waiting for Your stage 2 OTS map beats any flash out there dollar vs dollar while your platform allows it to still be entire customizable* Match-set-point, game over for the "competition" lol

Just finalize it for the IOS users and we're good to go*
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #14
chewbakam4
Major
Rep

Just happy I was among the first ones to "believe" in this product here. My flame suit barely held up ha!
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2016, 09:30 PM   #15
F80R
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue F80 M3

Amazing 500whp on pump gas .. that's what I was waiting for ... is it already available for purchase ?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #16
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

are there plans for authorized dealers in the midwest? i.e. chicago?
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      11-02-2016, 12:17 AM   #17
cookiesowns
;)
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55

Haven't been following up on BM3... but I know PTF from the N54 days, good stuff dzenno!

That said, do we have a stock dyno chart on the same dyno ?

Are the OTS maps locked or unlocked?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 06:11 AM   #18
BMW M4 PWR
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Haven't been following up on BM3... but I know PTF from the N54 days, good stuff dzenno!

Yes it's clearly on the same post and charts he provided. Base was 397whp on that particular car, 503whp at stage 2 on the same dyno with the same car.

PTF; Are the fuel trims in your OTS stage 1 & 2 tunes as favorable for E85 usage as the factory ZCP map? Those guys are successfully running upto 6.5gallons of E85 without maxing out the trims and the thing missing. If that's also done on these tunes then they're world beaters all the way around..

Last edited by BMW M4 PWR; 11-02-2016 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #19
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 View Post
Great work!!!

Quote:
Definitely, lots of customers running the infamous California 91 octane commonly referred to as ACN 91 (Arizona, California, Nevada). ACN 91 will not support ignition timing possible on typical 93 or even 91 as its more along the lines of 89-90. Most guys there go with E85 anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin | AutoTalent View Post
We are getting set up for BM3, we have a dynopak on site and will be offering a packaged deal with before-and-after dynos

If you'd like to set up an appointment please shoot me or Golan a PM or give us a ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M4 PWR View Post
Absolutely phenomenal!! This is what I was waiting for Your stage 2 OTS map beats any flash out there dollar vs dollar while your platform allows it to still be entire customizable* Match-set-point, game over for the "competition" lol

Just finalize it for the IOS users and we're good to go*
iOS is coming along great and we're hoping to release it soon.

Quote:
Just happy I was among the first ones to "believe" in this product here. My flame suit barely held up ha!
Thank you! Our flame suit had a few holes along the way as well but we managed to pull through somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80R View Post
Amazing 500whp on pump gas .. that's what I was waiting for ... is it already available for purchase ?
Yep, Stage 1 and 2 maps are ready to go. We'll be exposing the Android version of the app publicly in the Google Play store soon. Here's a link to the product description:

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/colle...-bmw-f8x-m3-m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOimJ View Post
are there plans for authorized dealers in the midwest? i.e. chicago?
ACF Performance are bootmod3 unlocker dealers in Chicago. Email us at sales@bootmod3.com if any questions at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post

Thank you! Stock chart is above mingling with others.

OTS maps are encrypted and not downloadable in the app. Tuners will have the option of providing both open and encrypted maps as well as locking them to a VIN number much like how its done with Cobb.

Quote:
Yes it's clearly on the same post and charts he provided. Base was 397whp on that particular car, 503whp at stage 2 on the same dyno with the same car.

PTF; Are the fuel trims in your OTS stage 1 & 2 tunes as favorable for E85 usage as the factory ZCP map? Those guys are successfully running upto 6.5gallons of E85 without maxing out the trims and the thing missing. If that's also done on these tunes then they're world beaters all the way around..
We don't modify the fuel scalar table for pump gas at this time as there hasn't been demand to do so on pump gas such as running a much larger turbo setup than factory or even hybrids. With E85 we do adjust them as otherwise the car won't start up right with E85 without them and will quickly lean out/max out fuel trims. We also change the lambda targets between gasoline and E85 where E85 is allowed to run a little leaner than gasoline.

We can basically set up the map for any alternative fuel you're looking to run on the car. Ethanol, methanol, blends with those, etc. At a certain point you'll need to incorporate secondary port fuel injection to supplement the OEM DI fueling.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #20
BMW M4 PWR
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post

Definitely, lots of customers running the infamous California 91 octane commonly referred to as ACN 91 (Arizona, California, Nevada). ACN 91 will not support ignition timing possible on typical 93 or even 91 as its more along the lines of 89-90. Most guys there go with E85 anyways

iOS is coming along great and we're hoping to release it soon.

Thank you! Our flame suit had a few holes along the way as well but we managed to pull through somehow.

Yep, Stage 1 and 2 maps are ready to go. We'll be exposing the Android version of the app publicly in the Google Play store soon. Here's a link to the product description:

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/colle...-bmw-f8x-m3-m4

ACF Performance are bootmod3 unlocker dealers in Chicago. Email us at sales@bootmod3.com if any questions at all.

Thank you! Stock chart is above mingling with others.

OTS maps are encrypted and not downloadable in the app. Tuners will have the option of providing both open and encrypted maps as well as locking them to a VIN number much like how its done with Cobb.

We don't modify the fuel scalar table for pump gas at this time as there hasn't been demand to do so on pump gas such as running a much larger turbo setup than factory or even hybrids. With E85 we do adjust them as otherwise the car won't start up right with E85 without them and will quickly lean out/max out fuel trims. We also change the lambda targets between gasoline and E85 where E85 is allowed to run a little leaner than gasoline.

We can basically set up the map for any alternative fuel you're looking to run on the car. Ethanol, methanol, blends with those, etc. At a certain point you'll need to incorporate secondary port fuel injection to supplement the OEM DI fueling.
No I just wanted the fuel scalars/trims bumped up a little (like factory ZCP's) so that we could run 6+gallons a tank of E85 when trying to max out our stock turbos. (A true E50 mix if possible)
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 11:06 AM   #21
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
No I just wanted the fuel scalars/trims bumped up a little (like factory ZCP's) so that we could run 6+gallons a tank of E85 when trying to max out our stock turbos. (A true E50 mix if possible)
Not a problem at all.
Appreciate 1
hova001189.00
      11-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #22
applesauce683
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
We'll see, hard to say. We have seen some tuners running 24-26psi even with pump gas without making much of a difference in the numbers over what we're doing here with less boost. We'll probably go there with higher octane but first we'd like to see where the numbers sit with the rest of the boltons on Stage 2 and if there's maybe a possibility of a Stage 2+ with an intake and full exhaust.
This...please do.
Appreciate 0