ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

03-10-2017, 11:06 AM   #155
DREAM M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY17 San Marino M3 Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAM M3 View Post
Hi all,

I've been using the great information on this thread to track my production date and journey to Halifax. The car arrived in Halifax yesterday and I'm trying to figure out if I'll get my car in time for an event I have on March 26th. I ordered an Ultimate so I'm guessing all the M Performance goodies (eg. MPE and carbon bits) will be installed in Halifax? Anyone have any recent experience with how long it will take from Halifax to Toronto for an Ultimate package M3?
My car arrived Feb 22nd at the Halifx. It will reach dealership on the 13th. So that's about 20 days.
Did you order any additional options like MPE?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #156
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Did you order any additional options like MPE?
No MPE but CP. I would think CP is all done at the factory.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 06:24 AM   #157
DREAM M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Is there someone here that has CN Rail access and can help track my car? Your help is much appreciated! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #158
M4start
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Is there someone here that has CN Rail access and can help track my car? Your help is much appreciated! Thanks.
I am able to track CN railcars by car numbers. Sometimes though I am not able to track railcars that are not destined to arrive at my yard. If you know the car # I can try to trace it and see what comes up.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #159
DREAM M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4start View Post
Quote:
I am able to track CN railcars by car numbers. Sometimes though I am not able to track railcars that are not destined to arrive at my yard. If you know the car # I can try to trace it and see what comes up.
By car number do you mean my vin number?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 05:46 PM   #160
M4start
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
By car number do you mean my vin number?
Sorry. I meant by railcar number. If you have that I could try to locate where the car is as well as a travel plan an the eta to destination.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #161
niobiumninetythree
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4

Does any one has experience with LHF (truck company) not able to locate your vehicle during pickup at Halifax Autoport? My M4 has been "On Hold" on the tracking system for several days. Anyone know how long it is going to take for them to find my car? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 07:07 AM   #162
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by niobiumninetythree View Post
Does any one has experience with LHF (truck company) not able to locate your vehicle during pickup at Halifax Autoport? My M4 has been "On Hold" on the tracking system for several days. Anyone know how long it is going to take for them to find my car? Thanks
Hasn't happened to me but tracking systems can be inaccurate or, at best, lag reality. Car will show up.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 07:06 PM   #163
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
No MPE but CP. I would think CP is all done at the factory.
Competition package is done when the car is build. Carbon package is done at Halifax.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 05:20 PM   #164
xfactor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M4 6MT ZCP (AY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Competition package is done when the car is build. Carbon package is done at Halifax.
Is there a carbon package? From what I seen, carbon is part of the ultimate package, which is annoying.
      04-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #165
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Is there a carbon package? From what I seen, carbon is part of the ultimate package, which is annoying.
ultimate package includes all of the packages like premium, executive, competition, driver assistance, and m performance carbon package. If you go to bmw.ca, you can see that all of those package are available as standalone. (with the exception of executive package which requires premium package selected)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #166
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Quote:
ultimate package includes all of the packages like premium, executive, competition, driver assistance, and m performance carbon package. If you go to bmw.ca, you can see that all of those package are available as standalone. (with the exception of executive package which requires premium package selected)
Only downside of the ultimate package is that it doesn't have full leather or CCBs which kind odd IMO, should have all options if you call it ultimate.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 09:26 PM   #167
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofighter View Post
Only downside of the ultimate package is that it doesn't have full leather or CCBs which kind odd IMO, should have all options if you call it ultimate.

did u not read the ultimate package includes the executive package as well? only the earlier cars were ordered wrong when the ultimate package came out and didn't come will full leather.

most ppl will not want the ccb so it was smart for bmw Canada to not include it into the ultimate package. but no one is stopping you to add it to your order.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #168
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep

Quote:
did u not read the ultimate package includes the executive package as well? only the earlier cars were ordered wrong when the ultimate package came out and didn't come will full leather.

most ppl will not want the ccb so it was smart for bmw Canada to not include it into the ultimate package. but no one is stopping you to add it to your order.
The configurator shows that full leather is an additional cost as well as there are quite a few ultimate pack M3s at my local dealers that do not have the full leather so not sure what is going on there.

Perhaps we are looking at it wrong in that the ultimate package includes a bunch of select options and not packages.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #169
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The configurator shows that full leather is an additional cost as well as there are quite a few ultimate pack M3s at my local dealers that do not have the full leather so not sure what is going on there.

Perhaps we are looking at it wrong in that the ultimate package includes a bunch of select options and not packages.
Pretty sure ultimate includes full leather as part of executive package.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #170
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Quote:

Pretty sure ultimate includes full leather as part of executive package.
Negative. My dealer has an SMB m3 with ultimate sitting on the showroom floor and it does not have full leather. $100k and rubber dash. Brutal...

It's a common misconception that the ultimate is a bundle of other packages. It is not, it's a set of options as per the order guides.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 08:03 PM   #171
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Negative. My dealer has an SMB m3 with ultimate sitting on the showroom floor and it does not have full leather. $100k and rubber dash. Brutal...

It's a common misconception that the ultimate is a bundle of other packages. It is not, it's a set of options as per the order guides.
See this link:
http://www.bmwgrandriver.com/new/veh...-id8204302.htm

http://www.bmwgrandriver.com/new/veh...-id8050004.htm
Appreciate 1
M4_GTS1152.50
      04-26-2017, 10:20 PM   #172
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post

my dealer also have 2 ultimate pack on their lot. 1 was an earlier build car and the other was a later build. They are both the same price and the later build got full leather while the other doesn't.

its kind of the same mistake with the heated steering wheel option deleted on the carbon pack, even when the alcantara is not included. I think they should of fixed that by now.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #173
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Full leather is a FREE option on Ultimate package.

Dealer inventory director that are not trained/informed properly often forget to click that valuable "free" option... I would blame them.
      05-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #174
DMM2
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 *sold*, '18 330i F31

Hello, I was just wondering if there are any Canadians on this board that are able to track a vehicle on CN Rail using just the VIN? I noticed M4Start can track rail cars, but I haven't been able to find out that information. All my SA has been able to tell me is that my car is on the train.
Cheers!
Appreciate 1
Invictus137.50
      05-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #175
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMM2 View Post
Hello, I was just wondering if there are any Canadians on this board that are able to track a vehicle on CN Rail using just the VIN? I noticed M4Start can track rail cars, but I haven't been able to find out that information. All my SA has been able to tell me is that my car is on the train.
Cheers!
Also curious on this, the Otello just arrived at the port but I'm guessing it will take a solid week for customs to process the car since it came from an ED.
Appreciate 1
Invictus137.50
      05-09-2017, 09:00 PM   #176
Invictus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 (Ultimate Package)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMM2 View Post
Cheers!
Also curious on this, the Otello just arrived at the port but I'm guessing it will take a solid week for customs to process the car since it came from an ED.
If you ask your dealer they might have access to the CN database.