European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #45
jcbertin
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

I hear ya IK6SPEED... Lesson learned. Between picking up on a overcast gloomy day and the excitement, it's hard to inspect. I have hand washed it twice, but honestly it was hard to notice until I looked for it. The xPel installer even said he first noticed when it was on the lift and the material wouldn't stay flat. The sales guy has at the dealership is a standup guy which is why I bought again from him, we will see what the manager offers...
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4487.00
      02-03-2018, 07:25 AM   #46
whitedc5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f82

Wow this really sucks, hope it works out for you
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #47
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
I can't imagine that the dealer wouldn't take care of this given the car was clearly delivered with pre-existing damage. These cars are damaged from time to time in transit, at the port, and at the dealer. Many of them are repaired prior to sale and have a disclosure. This looks small enough to go sight unseen but doesn't release the dealers obligation to make it right..

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 04:09 PM   #48
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
I can't imagine that the dealer wouldn't take care of this given the car was clearly delivered with pre-existing damage. These cars are damaged from time to time in transit, at the port, and at the dealer. Many of them are repaired prior to sale and have a disclosure. This looks small enough to go sight unseen but doesn't release the dealers obligation to make it right..
I would certainly expect Dealer to repair with the photo evidence on the thread.

However, as I stated, I do not believe that any Dealer will replace bumper as most have posted in thread, especially at this point.

I back that from my own experience and also well respected Dealer on forum GOLFFRR has not acknowledged in post 43 that they would replace Bumper if this was their customer, despite signing in and posting numerous times over the last 2 days.

I seriously doubt any Dealer will do that in any case for a issue this small, especially after papers are signed and car is off lot.

Now if the bumper was smashed and cracked, that’s a whole other issue...but that would have been seen before signing papers.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #49
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Im sure you still haven't done the survey. That is your leverage and the pics are your evidence.

If they still wont fix or remedy to your liking reach out to BMWNA. They will get on the dealers case and get it sorted out for you.

Hate to use the survey against them but you have no choice.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #50
Bonziii82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen White 24 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I would have kept it - that is cool!
It isn't fixed yet, part should arrive next week. I plan on keeping it.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 06:11 PM   #51
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post

I back that from my own experience and also well respected Dealer on forum GOLFFRR has not acknowledged in post 43 that they would replace Bumper if this was their customer, despite signing in and posting numerous times over the last 2 days.
not sure what you want me to say. Its not our store, not our customer, I can't comment on what another dealer should do?

wasn't ignoring you, I saw your post, just dont feel I can add anything to the post. End of the day its between customer and that dealer

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 06:57 PM   #52
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
not sure what you want me to say. Its not our store, not our customer, I can't comment on what another dealer should do?

wasn't ignoring you, I saw your post, just dont feel I can add anything to the post. End of the day its between customer and that dealer
I understand you.

Know it’s not your customer, As I asked “what your Dealership would do in same situation”?

You feel that replacing bumper is unreasonable as many stated and so you do not want to answer.

I get it. And I would not fault you for not replacing bumper.

My purpose was to show that even the best Dealers would not replace the Bumper after the fact in this instance.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #53
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

I'm must be going blind. I don't see any "damage" in the pics.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 10:02 PM   #54
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRHEIR View Post
Im sure you still haven't done the survey. That is your leverage and the pics are your evidence.

If they still wont fix or remedy to your liking reach out to BMWNA. They will get on the dealers case and get it sorted out for you.

Hate to use the survey against them but you have no choice.
Turns out the surveys don't mean much these days! Believe it or not, it is all about loyalty. If you buy from dealer #1 and then go get your next car from dealer#2, dealer #1 gets hit. I was even told that if you service your car at dealer #3 all the time and then take it to dealer #4 for service, dealer#3 gets hit (that part sounded strange) - either way, loyalty is king now, the survey is dead (so I was told).

Quote:
I would certainly expect Dealer to repair with the photo evidence on the thread.

However, as I stated, I do not believe that any Dealer will replace bumper as most have posted in thread, especially at this point.

I seriously doubt any Dealer will do that in any case for a issue this small, especially after papers are signed and car is off lot.

Now if the bumper was smashed and cracked, that’s a whole other issue...but that would have been seen before signing papers.
First off, how the dealer fixes the bumper is really nobody's business - as long as it is fixed to factory specs, then what does it matter?*

Also, don't think bringing GOLFFRR into this is appropriate - as he points out, it is not his store and heck, even if it was his store, he might not have the power to do anything about it. EDIT: and I bet he is thinking "we would fix the bumper and it would look perfect"

*Here are the dirty fact about bumpers.. 1) matching paint is difficult - the flakes stand up differently on a plastic bumper than metal - factories do this by charging the bumper so the flakes behave. Some high end body shops can do this now and good body shops can still match a bumper except 2) bumpers painted are never seem to have as much flex and seem to damage easier than factory ones. However, back to my original point, a bumper repaired correctly looks the exact same as a brand new factory bumper painted by a good shop.

Last edited by doug_999; 02-03-2018 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 10:58 PM   #55
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I looked at his pictures before I even read the post as I thought it was simply a delivery type thread (nice car btw!), and immediately saw that dent. Anybody who's saying that's not obvious should hit the eye doctor!!

Best of luck sir, they should absolutely fix that free of charge.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 11:17 PM   #56
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First off, how the dealer fixes the bumper is really nobody's business - as long as it is fixed to factory specs, then what does it matter?
Then you should address that to all the posters of Page 1 and 2 of this thread insisting on a new bumper, even a new painted bumper shipped in from Germany, instead of me.

Quote:
Also, don't think bringing GOLFFRR into this is appropriate - as he points out, it is not his store and heck, even if it was his store, he might not have the power to do anything about it. EDIT: and I bet he is thinking "we would fix the bumper and it would look perfect"
I obviously disagree.

If everyone’s favorite customer friendly Dealer will not replace a bumper (or have BMW airfreight a painted bumper from Germany), than perhaps all those aforementioned posters would see how ridiculous their posts were.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 10:52 AM   #57
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Then you should address that to all the posters of Page 1 and 2 of this thread insisting on a new bumper, even a new painted bumper shipped in from Germany, instead of me.
Fortunately, the way the board works, my comments can be seen by everyone! Win Win!

Quote:
I obviously disagree.

If everyone’s favorite customer friendly Dealer will not replace a bumper (or have BMW airfreight a painted bumper from Germany), than perhaps all those aforementioned posters would see how ridiculous their posts were.
There is no such thing as an air freighted painted bumper from Germany.... and it is not his business to get into what his competition should/could do. Heck for all we know, if he is as great as you say (and I have no reason to doubt it), he would have fixed it before his customer even saw it!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #58
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fortunately, the way the board works, my comments can be seen by everyone! Win Win!

There is no such thing as an air freighted painted bumper from Germany.... and it is not his business to get into what his competition should/could do. Heck for all we know, if he is as great as you say (and I have no reason to doubt it), he would have fixed it before his customer even saw it!
Again, address that to the posters on the first 2 pages of the thread who stated the OP should get Dealer to get a Factory painted bumper from Germany. Not me who stated that was out of the question.

And if people are unwilling to post what they would do in similar situation, bimmerpost would close up for lack of posts.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 02-04-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #59
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Again, address that to the posters on the first 2 pages of the thread who stated the OP should get Dealer to get a Factory painted bumper from Germany. Not me who stated that was out of the question.

And if people are unwilling to post what they would do in similar situation, bimmerpost would close up for lack of posts.
Once again, I think I did address it.

And, let's be clear here - YOU were asking a SPECIFIC member to say what HE would do as a "Dealer" and you basically called him out for not participating (and pointed out that he had posted multiple times in other threads so he obviously had seen it- stalking a little there?). Anyway, that's where I (and probably he) feel you crossed the line (and thus my post).

Edit: maybe you missed my post on page#2? Hint it is the 2nd of my 3rd posts.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 06:02 PM   #60
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Personally, I would not make a fuss out of this at all. Or even if I did, I would settle for some floor mats or other fluff for compensation.

OTOH, I am sure there are folks here who will not be satisfied unless a brand new factory painted bumper is delivered and personally installed by BMW CEO with two German virgins in tow.

The majority falls somewhere in the middle.
So far, the reactions have been far better than the OP's story...

Quote:
Alas, it's different if you are talking about your profession and your place of work (past, present, or future)!

a
Appreciate 1
doug_9992541.50
      02-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #61
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
Personally, I would not make a fuss out of this at all. Or even if I did, I would settle for some floor mats or other fluff for compensation.

a
Floor mats? To compensate for a bumper dent? That's ridiculous. I would expect dealer to fix that, may be do a PDR. Would not expect a new bumper for this minor dent
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4487.00
      02-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #62
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
With that delivery picture, I can't imagine the dealer denying it. Another board member had a similar depression on his car (http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1307392) but I'm not sure how long after delivery he found it.

GL!
Agreed. Get in there and see what they will do for you. While its your responsibility to inspect a car before you leave, its reasonable to not do a detailed inspection on a brand new car. Isnt that the point of buying a brand new car???

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #63
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Agreed. Get in there and see what they will do for you. While its your responsibility to inspect a car before you leave, its reasonable to not do a detailed inspection on a brand new car. Isnt that the point of buying a brand new car???
Correct,its the dealers responsibility too to inspect the car before delivery as its a brand new car!!
      02-04-2018, 08:43 PM   #64
al3xander
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Correct,its the dealers responsibility too to inspect the car before delivery as its a brand new car!!
Damage could have easily occurred AFTER the dealership had the car delivered to them by one of their porters or after the PDI was done.

you have cold hard evidence that the damage was there prior to you taking delivery. If the dealership values you as a customer and for your potential future business they'll make it right and take care of it but that's entirely up to that dealerships management
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 12:59 AM   #65
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

And, let's be clear here - YOU were asking a SPECIFIC member to say what HE would do as a "Dealer" and you basically called him out for not participating (and pointed out that he had posted multiple times in other threads so he obviously had seen it- stalking a little there?). Anyway, that's where I (and probably he) feel you crossed the line (and thus my post).
If the forum’s favorite Dealer would not go on record as to how their Dealership would handle an issue like this (and let’s remember this Dealer has sold and shipped cars all over USA to forum members) , then that would certainly give me pause. If my car showed up shipped from California and I didn’t notice it as it rolled of the truck....and I don’t know how they would handle?

And in that case, no showroom picture would have existed.

Now anyone buying has no idea what would be done if this happened to them.

I personally think it’s a very fair question.

BTW, I suspect all 3 of us are in agreement as to what would be done. But someone doesn’t want to say it in public and upset a few who think a new bumper is warranted.

I’ve said my piece.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 02-05-2018 at 01:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 07:10 AM   #66
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
If the forum’s favorite Dealer would not go on record as to how their Dealership would handle an issue like this (and let’s remember this Dealer has sold and shipped cars all over USA to forum members) , then that would certainly give me pause. If my car showed up shipped from California and I didn’t notice it as it rolled of the truck....and I don’t know how they would handle?

And in that case, no showroom picture would have existed.

Now anyone buying has no idea what would be done if this happened to them.

I personally think it’s a very fair question.

BTW, I suspect all 3 of us are in agreement as to what would be done. But someone doesn’t want to say it in public and upset a few who think a new bumper is warranted.

I’ve said my piece.
lol seriously man...

You want the "forum's favourite dealer" to give you a 'what if' answer to someone else's problem. Should the OP ship his bumper to him?

If he says yes does that mean you are ready to sign your next car with him right now? I didn't think so either.

GOLFRRR's (I probably spelt it wrong) was spot on when he first chose to not respond.
Appreciate 0