Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-22-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
mpizutti
2018 M3CS Pittsburgh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 , 2018 M3CS 2020 M8

Garage List
2017 M3  [0.00]
2016 bmw m2351  [0.00]
How many US-bound M3 CS are already spoken for?

Hello everyone. Does anyone know how many of the M3 CS that are coming to the US are spoken for?

Maybe GOLFFRR might have the answer. I have one but the dealer up the street still has no takers on thier M3 CS. Just looking to see how these will sell.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

I know of 3 dealers with open allocations, meaning not spoken for. 2 are looking for a significant premium over sticker (CA) the third is willing to give it for MSRP. I would imagine half will go at MSRP or higher and a quarter will go at MSRP +/- a couple hundred and the remaining quarter will go GTS and drop to slightly above invoice in a year or so. I would put the dealers against each other for a deal if it doesn't have any takers yet. I don't imagine this will be a CSL type of car that sky rockets later, look at the GTS, but you never no.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 04:03 PM   #3
Veden
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I believe we have 4 coming to our store...l know one is spoken for.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #4
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
I know of 3 dealers with open allocations, meaning not spoken for. 2 are looking for a significant premium over sticker (CA) the third is willing to give it for MSRP. I would imagine half will go at MSRP or higher and a quarter will go at MSRP +/- a couple hundred and the remaining quarter will go GTS and drop to slightly above invoice in a year or so. I would put the dealers against each other for a deal if it doesn't have any takers yet. I don't imagine this will be a CSL type of car that sky rockets later, look at the GTS, but you never no.
I wonder who is willing to pay above MSRP for a CS ...

My bet is that the majority will go at or below MSRP. The CS ain't that special.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 06-22-2018 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 2
Thescout134944.00
stormlv932.00
      06-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

if you want one there will be plenty out there IMO. We are getting 4 or 5. not sure how many the boys have locked up already.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 08:09 PM   #6
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
I wonder who is willing to pay above MSRP for a CS ...

My bet is that the majority will go at or below MSRP. The CS ain't that special.
I tend to agree. But in markets like LA, people will absolutely pay above. In the rest of the country, not that much.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 10:58 PM   #7
mpizutti
2018 M3CS Pittsburgh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 , 2018 M3CS 2020 M8

Garage List
2017 M3  [0.00]
2016 bmw m2351  [0.00]
Mine will be coming in under MSRP..I have a frozen blue..the other dealer has San Merino blue.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 09:22 AM   #8
TXSoxFan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I did my ED last week, and while I was there there was someone doing a delivery on a M3CS (a EU local). Was it beautiful, yes. Is it worth the premium, IMO not even close. I would prefer my M3 and spend the extra on mods.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 11:16 AM   #9
512systems
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

A lot of people are hung up on the price of the CS and while it's obviously an expensive M3 it's not too far off what you would be spending for a true fully loaded competition package car with similar options. If you spec out a ZCP M3 with full leather, individual interior/paint, 763 wheels, ceramics, carbon diffuser, splitter and spoiler etc and you're well in to the low 100's or very close to it. And then you're obviously paying a little premium for the limited factor and the carbon hood. To me, if you're in the market for a true fully loaded M3, for another $6-8k you can have a CS. That may or may not be a better option for some people. I would also be curious to know how many are spoken for and what they are trading at. I am paying MSRP for mine.
Appreciate 2
Thescout134944.00
mpizutti599.50
      06-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #10
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512systems View Post
A lot of people are hung up on the price of the CS and while it's obviously an expensive M3 it's not too far off what you would be spending for a true fully loaded competition package car with similar options. If you spec out a ZCP M3 with full leather, individual paint, 763 wheels, ceramics, carbon diffuser, splitter and spoiler etc and you're well in to the low 100's or very close to it. And then you're obviously paying a little premium for the limited factor and the carbon hood. To me, if you're in the market for a true fully loaded M3, for another $6-8k you can have a CS. That may or may not be a better option for some people. I would also be curious to know how many are spoken for and what they are trading at. I am paying MSRP for mine.
Valid point. However the people who buy a fully spec'd M3 with full leather etc, are usually not buying that M3 for the same purpose of those buying the M3 CS. For example if I am buying a fully optioned leather everything option everything M3, I'm pretty sure internal storage space in the car is on my list of wants. If I am buying this car for track only, which is what the CS is truly meant for, I would not get a fully loaded M3 with full leather etc anyway. My builds for my track focused sports car the would be roughly $84k compared to $100k. That's a decent gap I would imagine.

But I'm with you. If you are looking to buy the car for the sticker bragging rights - the most decked out M3, what's a $6-7k premium.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 01:07 PM   #11
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If I am buying this car for track only, which is what the CS is truly meant for
Sorry, but that is NOT what the CS is about. The CS about being a DUAL purpose car with slightly more bias towards track duty relative the the base/CP M3/4 (EDC, ABS, DSC and eDiff tuned for R-compounds).

The M3CS actually sacrifices very little daily practicality relative to CP M3 (dual zone climate, center storage bin/armrest, comfort access). The M4CS sacrifice just a little more (HK sound, cardboard door cards without storage) but gains the alcantara seats.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2018, 01:15 PM   #12
512systems
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, but that is NOT what the CS is about. The CS about being a DUAL purpose car with slightly more bias towards track duty relative the the base/CP M3/4 (EDC, ABS, DSC and eDiff tuned for R-compounds).

The M3CS actually sacrifices very little daily practicality relative to CP M3 (dual zone climate, center storage bin/armrest, comfort access). The M4CS sacrifice just a little more (HK sound, cardboard door cards without storage).
Yeah I would tend to agree with this. I ordered a CS because I actually wanted to order an individual interior/exterior color car and knew that at this point I wouldn't have a hope of getting an allocation. So I consider this car just about as special.

I sold a 991 GT3 in favor of this car because I can't put a car seat in the GT3. So to me, the F80 is the perfect balance between road and track. The CS is just icing on an already amazing car...
Appreciate 2
CanAutM321116.50
Thescout134944.00
      06-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #13
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A lot of people are hung up on the price of the CS and while it's obviously an expensive M3 it's not too far off what you would be spending for a true fully loaded competition package car with similar options. If you spec out a ZCP M3 with full leather, individual paint, 763 wheels, ceramics, carbon diffuser, splitter and spoiler etc and you're well in to the low 100's or very close to it. And then you're obviously paying a little premium for the limited factor and the carbon hood. To me, if you're in the market for a true fully loaded M3, for another $6-8k you can have a CS. That may or may not be a better option for some people. I would also be curious to know how many are spoken for and what they are trading at. I am paying MSRP for mine.
I agree. That's what got me in my M4CS. Speccing a CP M4 to my liking would bring the price to $101,000CAD, and that is far from being fully loaded. My M4CS comes in at $117,100CAD. For $16,000CAD ($12,000USD) I get a fully warrantied car with electronics tuned for R-compund tires, a factory engine tune, a CF front lip, a CF diffuser, a CF rear deck spoiler, a CF hood, 763M wheels and an exclusive Lime Rock Grey paint. It's worth it to me, but I understand it is not for everyone.

Appreciate 1
      06-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #14
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The M3CS actually sacrifices very little daily practicality relative to CP M3 (dual zone climate, center storage bin/armrest, comfort access). The M4CS sacrifice just a little more (HK sound, cardboard door cards without storage) but gains the alcantara seats.
Granted. I get that it is a DUAL purpose car. But I am talking about what my motivation to get it would be. Meaning if my motivation is to get a decked out M3 with all the bells and whistles, I want those convenience features that I am otherwise sacrificing spending 6k more for a bit less. That may matter more to me if I want a fully decked out M3. If I truly want the rawest dual purpose car, then I wouldn't opt for a normal M3 with full leather etc. That would mean my ideal build for truly Dual purpose car is around $84k for a comp M3, and the CS is much more than that. That was my point.

No need to apologize, it's my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. What the CS is "about" is a matter of opinion, that is unless there is a direct quote from BMW and there probably is saying I'm wrong.

PS, just because the CS or GTS is street legal doesn't mean it is necessarily meant to be a dual purpose car, but it is a nice bonus. The marketing makes it clear that the CS is geared toward the track enthusiast. Also, given that Alcantara costs less than leather in reality are you really gaining anything? Hahaha
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #15
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Granted. I get that it is a DUAL purpose car. But I am talking about what my motivation to get it would be. Meaning if my motivation is to get a decked out M3 with all the bells and whistles, I want those convenience features that I am otherwise sacrificing spending 6k more for a bit less. That may matter more to me if I want a fully decked out M3. If I truly want the rawest dual purpose car, then I wouldn't opt for a normal M3 with full leather etc. That would mean my ideal build for truly Dual purpose car is around $84k for a comp M3, and the CS is much more than that. That was my point.

No need to apologize, it's my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. What the CS is "about" is a matter of opinion, that is unless there is a direct quote from BMW and there probably is saying I'm wrong.

PS, just because the CS or GTS is street legal doesn't mean it is necessarily meant to be a dual purpose car, but it is a nice bonus. The marketing makes it clear that the CS is geared toward the track enthusiast. Also, given that Alcantara costs less than leather in reality are you really gaining anything? Hahaha
BMW have indeed been quoted more than once on this (I would need to look up references). While GTS is intended primarily as a track, being street legal allows the owner to drive it to and from the track, it is not the case for the CS. The CS is meant as a dual use car with slightly more bias towards track use relative to the CP. It is not a question of opinion, it is BMW's design intent and how they chose to slot the cars in their market segments.

Now, folks are free to use their cars for whatever they want, regardless of BMW's design intent. That is a question of opinion and choice .

If I were in the market for a track "only" car, the CS would not be it .

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #16
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

BMW have indeed been quoted more than once on this (I would need to look up references). While GTS is intended primarily as a track, being street legal allows the owner to drive it to and from the track, it is not the case for the CS. The CS is meant as a dual use car with slightly more bias towards track use relative to the CP. It is not a question of opinion, it is BMW's design intent and how they chose to slot the cars in their market segments.

Now, folks are free to use their cars for whatever they want, regardless of BMW's design intent. That is a question of opinion and choice .

If I were in the market for a track "only" car, the CS would not be it .
Got it. So you completely overlooked the rest of my post and focused on one sentence in which I admitted I could be wrong. Cool.

All I am saying is that the same buyer who is buying a full optioned $94k M3 is USUALLY not the same buyer as a $100k M3CS, unless they just want bragging rights on having the most expensive M3. That has been my point all along. If there are outliers out there, than ok. But in the US, I would put money on my generalization above.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #17
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Got it. So you completely overlooked the rest of my post and focused on one sentence in which I admitted I could be wrong. Cool.

All I am saying is that the same buyer who is buying a full optioned $94k M3 is USUALLY not the same buyer as a $100k M3CS, unless they just want bragging rights on having the most expensive M3. That has been my point all along. If there are outliers out there, than ok. But in the US, I would put money on my generalization above.
Fully agree

I just pointed the potion I did not agree with .

I posted something to that effect earlier. In Canada, a fully loaded M3 is actually more expensive than a CS. As I also pointed out, the price difference between how I would spec a CP compared to the CS is worth it to me (about $12k USD) for what I get, but it is not necessarily the case for everyone.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 06-23-2018 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      07-07-2018, 08:05 PM   #18
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

My CS just went into production this week and should be done at the end of the month. Pretty sure this is the single CS my dealer is getting. They're not super high volume.
Appreciate 1
mpizutti599.50
      07-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #19
512systems
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My CS got on board the "Asian King" yesterday slated for Long Beach 8/7/18. Anyone else on that boat??
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #20
TXSoxFan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
My CS got on board the "Asian King" yesterday slated for Long Beach 8/7/18. Anyone else on that boat??
My ED car is on that boat as well. Hoping to have it before Labor Day (seeing at it needs to clear customs and I hope they repaint the bumper).
Appreciate 0