BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-18-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
itsmeeeugene
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 MW M4 ZCP

Fixed DIM HUD+Autoheadlight issue

For anyone that is having any issue with the HUD looking super dim during the day and/or your auto-headlights being always on no matter how bright it is outside.

I guess i blew the 5A fuse in the front fusebox that controls these while installing a mirror tap for my radar detector. The blown fuse also disabled my interior cabin lights, but i wasn't aware that all of these were connected to the same fuse so i never bothered to fix it. Looking up the HUD issue and Auto headlight issues separately, it seemed like people were saying that it was due to your sunglasses being polarized and the auto-headlights just were very sensitive. Changed out the fuse on Fuse 28, and everything is now back to normal.

Hope this will help someone that was as confused as i was.
Appreciate 2
jfritz271100.50
      07-12-2018, 03:19 AM   #2
The_One
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeeeugene View Post
For anyone that is having any issue with the HUD looking super dim during the day and/or your auto-headlights being always on no matter how bright it is outside.

I guess i blew the 5A fuse in the front fusebox that controls these while installing a mirror tap for my radar detector. The blown fuse also disabled my interior cabin lights, but i wasn't aware that all of these were connected to the same fuse so i never bothered to fix it. Looking up the HUD issue and Auto headlight issues separately, it seemed like people were saying that it was due to your sunglasses being polarized and the auto-headlights just were very sensitive. Changed out the fuse on Fuse 28, and everything is now back to normal.

Hope this will help someone that was as confused as i was.
Not just might be the fuse you've blown, Also look for any device you mount on the windshield. There are two ambient sensor on the inner rear view mirror. If it's blocked then the interior display or other ambient light sensitive device might be affected.
Appreciate 0