Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Dark on Netflix

Who else is watching this? Thoughts on the show? I've got two episodes left that I'll finish tonight and oddly a little more excited about getting home and watching them as I should be. I rarely get excited about anything I watch, especially a series, but this show has me captivated.

If you aren't, you should be. If you liked Stranger Things, this show is everything that Stranger Things wasn't. Heads up, not child friendly.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13343.50
      06-21-2018, 10:05 AM   #2
nevernity
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i xDrive M Sport

Honestly, Dark may be my favorite show Netflix has put out and probably my 3rd favorite show out right now(behind Game of Thrones and Westworld naturally). There's something about a deep, gritty time travel story that just clicks with me. The English dub is absolute trash though. For anyone who can't watch shows in a different language, this may not be the show for them.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      06-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #3
flyingfortress
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

easily my favorite show netflix has put their name on. i can't wait for the second season.
i had to watch it like 3 times just to make sure i got everything straight. seriously so good.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      06-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #4
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevernity View Post
Honestly, Dark may be my favorite show Netflix has put out and probably my 3rd favorite show out right now(behind Game of Thrones and Westworld naturally). There's something about a deep, gritty time travel story that just clicks with me. The English dub is absolute trash though. For anyone who can't watch shows in a different language, this may not be the show for them.
I agree with everything except for the dubs. I don't mind them. I'm a big fan of foreign films and prefer dubs over subs.

As for the story line...it took me a little to really get into it but by the end of episode 5 I was hooked. It is very gritty and raw. I will say the acting is actually pretty good. I'm really looking forward to the last two episodes tonight. Watching everything "fall into place" and the character development is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfortress View Post
easily my favorite show netflix has put their name on. i can't wait for the second season.
i had to watch it like 3 times just to make sure i got everything straight. seriously so good.
I can definitely foresee watching it a second time. There is quite a bit to take in. Keeping up with who is who, as it involves an entire damn town, has been a challenge. The girlfriend WAS a big Walking Dead fan and she made the comment last night that season one of this was considerably better than any season of TWD.

Forewarning!!! TWD spoiler below.

Not to get sidetracked but she got me into watching TWD and from my perspective it is hands down the worst thing I've ever watched. I'll only be watching the next season so I can watch Rick meet his demise. The only thing I'v enjoyed about TWD is Negan and absolutely can't stand Rick or the terrible acting for his character. He's such a one dimensional actor it drives me insane; he only has that one look starring off into space. How the show plays out, or from what I have seen in the past 3 seasons is that Rick will probably start to die in episode one and the rest of the damn season will be him dying.

Last edited by King Rudi; 06-21-2018 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #5
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Finished this last night. All I can say is wow without ruining it for anyone. Although a little confused on some parts until clarification was given, I had it figured out for the most part. I didn't care for the ending of the last episode but I also understand why it was done. I imagine season 2 with be full of the next 33 years of Jonas's life. Looking forward to seeing where they take it from here.
Appreciate 0