EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #419
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
For the rear tires, we will need to wait for the BMW specification tires in both 18" and 19". I can confirm that the rear 275/35R19 PSS tires fitted the the F8X are not the same as the standard 275/35R19 PSS presently offered by Michelin. The PSS on the F8X have a greater sea/land ratio thread (larger grooves in thread). This makes the tires lighter.

I was at my dealer tonight because they just received their first M4. The rear PSS on the M4 are clearly not the same as the rear 275/35R19 PSS that I fitted on my E9X.
Interesting info, thanks. If I remember right E9X and later 1M also were equipped with a BMW specific PS2 so the same story now with new F8X cars fitted with a BMW specific PSS. This also should mean that certain things I've pointed out in my earlier post may not be the case for the front tires as well because they are not regular PSS.

At the end, I have a chance to choose and I see little reason in paying for 19" wheel/tire combo anyway since I am neither that crazy for the design of the 19" nor will be buying the CCB option. Always believed 1M also would be a much better ride with the 18" version of same wheels too.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #420
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by filelip View Post

Theres another video, okay they say its unofficial but very impressive with two people in the car.
Impressive for sure. Again the major unknown is whether or not a 1 foot rollout was used. I would guess no rollout. 0-100 km/hr with 1 passenger and no rollout is darn fast 0-60 with no passenger. Perhaps 3.5 sec or even better.

Great information Canaut on the transmission specifics. However, I'm still certain there is little to no overall performance margin left on the table specifically due to gear ratios. Previously I showed you the results of a simulation using a set of ratios you claimed should offer much more performance. of course they didn't...
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #421
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I would guess no rollout.
0-10km/h in 0.1 seconds without rollout... I seriously doubt it is possible
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #422
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I would guess no rollout.
It's possible down a hill , which is where those numbers are from lol .
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 09:55 PM   #423
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Vbox results are certainly not perfect and are almost for sure less accurate right out of the gate. Either way my suspicion wasn't based on the results but a combination of the units of speed on the tach (km/hr) and the emphasis on 0-100 km/hr (as opposed to 60 mph). These tell me is a European car in a European country thus European standards, which generally do not include any rollout.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0