Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-28-2017, 03:51 PM   #397
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmastaz View Post
I just picked up a 2018 M3 with Comp package after my 2015 lease just expired; so, I've been driving a 2015 M3 for the last three years. I ordered the exact same car except with comp package/red interior versus black interior in 6 speed.

The comp package changes the car in every facet. It rides better, corners better, sounds better, and ultimately makes the car feels more like a true M car. 100% worth the money. It feels like a totally different car in a positive way.
Is that the 5 grand talking?
Yea and I'll be singing that same song in a month's time.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #398
E92VIP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4/2009 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmd11 View Post
Ummm. I have a 2018 M4 CP but with the 19inch wheels and it rides absolutely fantastic. I can't even imagine not having CP.

No Sh$t, your on 19's with no drop.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #399
My135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

I love my zcp because i dont like to go all out on mods. If i am going to modify them pretty good, id rather get the reg M4 because you can definitely save that $$ for something else better. With the 30 series on 20's, i feel the ride pretty hard on rough road...im sure 19's is way more comfortable...but 20's looks better IMO!
Appreciate 1
Habber3504.00
      10-29-2017, 07:43 PM   #400
spmd11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92VIP View Post
No Sh$t, your on 19's with no drop.
I don't mess with BMW M suspension tuning. To each his own.
      10-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #401
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Also just picked up my ZCP Friday. Coming out of a 17' non ZCP and the car feels tighter. I like the feel of 20's and happy all around but miss pushing out the lumbar because the seats don't have it.

All around better car imo.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #402
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Just a theory and I am not discounting the improvements added by the competition package: but most people say the car feels "tighter" "more crisp" or whatever other adjectives people use when they pick up a ZCP car coming from a non ZCP car. Could some of this just be the feeling of a brand new car vs an older used car? Brand new tires, suspension, etc would certainly feel different than a car with thousands or tens of thousands of miles on it right?
Appreciate 2
BMWM5NYC496.00
IM2C2066.50
      10-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #403
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Just a theory and I am not discounting the improvements added by the competition package: but most people say the car feels "tighter" "more crisp" or whatever other adjectives people use when they pick up a ZCP car coming from a non ZCP car. Could some of this just be the feeling of a brand new car vs an older used car? Brand new tires, suspension, etc would certainly feel different than a car with thousands or tens of thousands of miles on it right?
Correct I feel the same , may be there is some improvement of CP but it is essentially the same car and that's the reason I chose not to upgrade and start a new loan altogether.

My 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #404
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
Get your facts straight before spreading FUD.

You didn't order it, good for you, your loss. The increase in power is noticeable, the handling is better. The exhaust is way better and you'll never be able to get the bubbles without coding and possibly voiding your warranty and there IS lumbar support, just not adjustable. First world problem. Heh!!
So far, independent testing has not shown the CP to be any faster in acceleration than a non-CP (meaning the difference is within testing variance) So I am not sure how the added power can be that “noticeable”.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #405
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

This may be a stupid question, but what is non-adjustable lumbar support? A seat back?
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321115.00
      10-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #406
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
So i've been following this thread for quite sum time and feel like i need to chime in. 15 pages thus far of Fanboyz ranting & raving about cp. What gets me is that majority of us on this forum dont keep our cars in stock form. So whether you mod with power upgrades, suspension work, exhaust or change your wheels than whats the point of cp? No increase in acceleration! Not only that the 19hp difference doesnt feel significant the non zcp ran quicker on the track. Was this bc of the heavy 666 wheels? Who knows! Another issue for me is the sagging leather comp seats. I've seen several with as little as a cpl hundred miles to several thousand and they look like $h*t! Mind you now that you also loose lumbar support as well. If comp is a must, strongly consider cloth which seems a lot more durable. My advice is if ur gonna keep ur car stock then get comp but if ur planning to mod why spend $5k to bmw if u can use that towards other goodies for it. For those of us who mod understand where i'm coming from. At the end of the we have a great car regardless, cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 01:32 PM   #407
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
This may be a stupid question, but what is non-adjustable lumbar support? A seat back?
Well with the non-competition version, the lumbar support level can be adjusted from soft to hard to harder depending on your needs/size.

Now there is lumbar support, but it's one fixed size so you can't adjust it

Although on the Convertible F83 since the seats didn't change, we still get the adjustable lumbar support
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

2023 Nissan Z Performance (Ikazuchi Yellow)
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #408
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SNAILS View Post
So i've been following this thread for quite sum time and feel like i need to chime in. 15 pages thus far of Fanboyz ranting & raving about cp. What gets me is that majority of us on this forum dont keep our cars in stock form. So whether you mod with power upgrades, suspension work or change your wheels than whats the point of cp? No increase in acceleration! Not only that the 19hp difference doesnt feel significant the non zcp ran quicker on the track. Was this bc of the heavy 666 wheels? Who knows! Another issue for me is the sagging leather comp seats. I've seen several with as little as a cpl hundred miles to several thousand and they look like $h*t! Mind you now that you also loose lumbar support as well. If comp is a must, strongly consider cloth which seems a lot more durable. My advice is if ur gonna keep ur car stock then get comp but if ur planning to mod why spend $5k to bmw if u can use that towards other goodies for it. For those of us who mod understand where i'm coming from. At the end of the we have a great car regardless, cheers!
I have the F83 Competition so I still have lumbar support and I don't like modding my car other than with OEM parts so the Competition package saved me a lot as it already has the black kidney grill, side gill, and rear M logo in black. I got it with the M Performance Exhaust and the burbles out of all the upgrades is something that I can't live without now....

If you would take all the little upgrades, wheels, etc. that come with the Competition Package, I wouldn't care but the biggest difference to me is the exhaust. Even the Sports Exhaust is night and day better than the silent stock exhaust.

LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

Appreciate 1
      10-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #409
logicalunit
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4

I don't have CP and I (luckily) don't care. I can however feel differences in MY's, I think the first big update was MY16 (M4), no? Although those updates apply to both (CP and no-CP), so why claim that CP is a must have?

Some of you recognise the same old. A new model launch starting with much praise, but also critiques from the people that don't like change. Over time they adjust and start to give in. The CP is an easy way to reevaluate things and many journalist do, all a sudden, this is the car it always should have been.

IMHO, the first MY was a benchmark in its segment and BMW stayed on top of things. However, I see nothing you couldn't change yourself. Changing a wheel/tire combination can easily translate in a "night and day difference" on its own, if you go e.g. from a M513 to a M666 wheel. But why would one be better than the other, define "better"?

It's a silly discussion if you'd ask me... like you could claim that the car needs a front lip, diffusor, spoiler, coilovers, spacers, an exhaust, etc... while doing so, every freaking modified M car looks the same and you'll actually make the car worse to drive on a daily basis, is my opinion but: de gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #410
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalunit View Post
I don't have CP and I (luckily) don't care. I can however feel differences in MY's, I think the first big update was MY16 (M4), no? Although those updates apply to both (CP and no-CP), so why claim that CP is a must have?

Some of you recognise the same old. A new model launch starting with much praise, but also critiques from the people that don't like change. Over time they adjust and start to give in. The CP is an easy way to reevaluate things and many journalist do, all a sudden, this is the car it always should have been.

IMHO, the first MY was a benchmark in its segment and BMW stayed on top of things. However, I see nothing you couldn't change yourself. Changing a wheel/tire combination can easily translate in a "night and day difference" on its own, if you go e.g. from a M513 to a M666 wheel. But why would one be better than the other, define "better"?

It's a silly discussion if you'd ask me... like you could claim that the car needs a front lip, diffusor, spoiler, coilovers, spacers, an exhaust, etc... while doing so, every freaking modified M car looks the same and you'll actually make the car worse to drive on a daily basis, is my opinion but: de gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est.
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #411
Teeone
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Most of us, including me, I would say are defining "better" as what we justified in our purchase. It's simply human nature. Who admits that they are not very intelligent? Who admits that they or their significant other is not good looking?

I would also agree that the CP feels "tighter". I would just describe it a little differently. I would say it picks up and translates more road feel. It tramlines more. It was undesirable to me. All of which I would expect given lower lower profile tires and larger wheels IF all else was the same, which is not entirely true. I didn't get into what all the suspension bits and settings are in terms of unique vs other options. i just knew after driving that it was too "harsh and busy" - my words - for my desires on the roads which I drove it on. They are all great cars, DCT vs Manual, CP vs Non-CP, M4 vs M3, Hardtop vs Convertible, Carbon Roof vs Sunroof, etc..........
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 08:12 PM   #412
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

Quote:
So i've been following this thread for quite sum time and feel like i need to chime in. 15 pages thus far of Fanboyz ranting & raving about cp. What gets me is that majority of us on this forum dont keep our cars in stock form. So whether you mod with power upgrades, suspension work, exhaust or change your wheels than whats the point of cp? No increase in acceleration! Not only that the 19hp difference doesnt feel significant the non zcp ran quicker on the track. Was this bc of the heavy 666 wheels? Who knows! Another issue for me is the sagging leather comp seats. I've seen several with as little as a cpl hundred miles to several thousand and they look like $h*t! Mind you now that you also loose lumbar support as well. If comp is a must, strongly consider cloth which seems a lot more durable. My advice is if ur gonna keep ur car stock then get comp but if ur planning to mod why spend $5k to bmw if u can use that towards other goodies for it. For those of us who mod understand where i'm coming from. At the end of the we have a great car regardless, cheers!
Nicely put and I agree, although I still went with comp on my build
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #413
FC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 F90, '23 BGTS 4.0, '21 GTI

This whole thread reminds me of 2003 when the 330i ZHP was announced/released. Consensus was that it was (cosmetics aside) that the collection of small tweaks added up to a nice performance upgrade, but the forums back then were filled with discussions of people arguing that it was for looks only, conspiracy theories that the suspension was no different, arguments about placebo effects, how no way you would ever get your money back on resale, that it should have been called the marketing package, that the reviewers were all drinking the Kool Aid, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #414
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRS55 View Post
Quote:
Nicely put and I agree, although I still went with comp on my build
Hope that it was the cloth seats that pushed u over broski! LoL
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #415
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

Quote:
Must have been the cloth seats that pushed u over broski! LoL
Yezzzir
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 08:47 PM   #416
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRS55 View Post
Quote:
Must have been the cloth seats that pushed u over broski! LoL
Yessir
And the popcorn burble
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #417
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
This whole thread reminds me of 2003 when the 330i ZHP was announced/released. Consensus was that it was (cosmetics aside) that the collection of small tweaks ... no way you would ever get your money back on resale
and if I"m not mistaken 6MT ZHPs are in large demand, correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 09:08 PM   #418
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
Well with the non-competition version, the lumbar support level can be adjusted from soft to hard to harder depending on your needs/size.

Now there is lumbar support, but it's one fixed size so you can't adjust it

Although on the Convertible F83 since the seats didn't change, we still get the adjustable lumbar support
So it's just a seat back? How is that any different from a regular seat without lumbar support?
Appreciate 0