proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

03-18-2015, 09:14 PM   #23
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX5D View Post
Like the previous poster mentioned, 3M ProSeries just came out, it's self healing like Xpel and I find it has better clarity. I had my complete front end done with it. I used Marco at www.advancedautomotivefilm.com
Is Marco still working side by side with GTA in Detail?
      03-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #24
rogers08m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
I hope so! I was last there summer of last year and they were still in the same shop. Moved in the fall and I know they were looking for a new shop. I want to get back up there but its a hell of a drive for me now.

btw totally jealous of your upcoming ED. I did it in 2009 and it was incredible. I am sure it's only improved since then.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #25
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
As of last week when I spoke to Kevin he was.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #26
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogers08m3 View Post
I hope so! I was last there summer of last year and they were still in the same shop. Moved in the fall and I know they were looking for a new shop. I want to get back up there but its a hell of a drive for me now.

btw totally jealous of your upcoming ED. I did it in 2009 and it was incredible. I am sure it's only improved since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundstream View Post
As of last week when I spoke to Kevin he was.
Thanks guys, very much appreciated re the info and tks Roger, I just can't wait!!! Gonna call these guys and try to coordinate a double appointment with them for early August when the car gets back. I know for a fact that I'll be in "anal" mode overseas without this stuff being done beforehand but...it's just a car...right? Everyone can just say "yes" and I'll never bring it up again. Promise.
      03-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #27
rogers08m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Hey Mark - when I did my ED I brought ten rolls of painters tape and taped off the bumper and hood.. I know, insane. My wife still reminds me of the depths of my ridiculousness. The people at the Welt played nice, but I know they thought I was a maniac. BUT we did 3900 km and I KNOW the tape helped... or at least I have convinced myself! I should have kept that car longer, sold it and then ended up buying a pre owned M3 that had chips
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:04 PM   #28
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogers08m3 View Post
Hey Mark - when I did my ED I brought ten rolls of painters tape and taped off the bumper and hood.. I know, insane. My wife still reminds me of the depths of my ridiculousness. The people at the Welt played nice, but I know they thought I was a maniac. BUT we did 3900 km and I KNOW the tape helped... or at least I have convinced myself! I should have kept that car longer, sold it and then ended up buying a pre owned M3 that had chips
Lol...quite normal as far as I'm concerned. I've got some time to think of what I might do or I can keep my fingers crossed like last time. I did a little over 2k when I was there in 2010 and I swear, not one single stone chip!!! The people at the drop off commented they'd never seen a cleaner car that'd been on the road for 2 weeks. I thought the roads over there were immaculate and the cars/trucks very well maintained. I can't recall seeing many POS cars on the road to be honest. But...once back to Canada and what do I get? F'n rock flying up onto the hood on the 407, a rock through the windshield on the QEW, surprised a jet plane part didn't fall out of the sky onto the roof. Our roads are shitbox heaven and I hate it here. Anyways, fingers will be crossed Roger. Thanks!!
      06-25-2015, 12:00 PM   #29
Treeboy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 X4 M40i / '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
'24 X5 M60i  [0.00]
'22 X4 M40i  [0.00]
Xpel in Vancouver, BC area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpel View Post
Absolutely, we have an excellent installer at Colorado Clear Bra in Arvada, CO.
Call 720-404-6324 and ask for Kirby Thompson.

Let me know if we can help with anything else.

Congrats on the M3!
Any recommendation for an excellent quality Xpel installer in Lower Mainland?
Appreciate 0