Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

06-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #155
unagi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Sure! 'cuz iPhones have a hard time picking up the "Active Sound Design"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula View Post
But in real life it has base that the videos cannot pick up well.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #156
unagi
Private
Rep

Garage List
Interlagos is awesome - - deep dark blue, bur rich with those subtle M-purple metallic flecks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexb View Post

Yas Marina Blue is a great color, no doubt, but I would shy away from actually owning it. I don't know why they've gone so nuts with the colors.... are they trying to get us all arrested? I'd be looking for something sophisticated, yet sporty on this car: Le Mans Blue comes to mind, or Interlagos. Classic M colors... where did they go? Can't even get Estoril on these things.

Somehow I suspect if Le Mans Blue or Interlagos re-appeared in the color line up, BMW would see the take rate for YMB fall off in a hurry. LCI, maybe? Maybe the new car looks better in a bright color, so you can really appreciate the lines. Too flashy for me, though.

But, congratulations to the OP! I love Mineral Grey and it would be my pick of colors on any new current BMW right now. My dad has a 128 M-Sport in Mineral Grey and it truly is stunning. Deep, silky, smooth, and especially gorgeous on a car with sexy M bodywork. Looks fantastic in the sun.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #157
unagi
Private
Rep

Garage List
Z4 M Coupe rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Congratulations! Love the MG. Yes, I like understated colors and all of my BMWs have been grey...even my Z4M coupe!

While I cannot comment on how the F8x sounds compared to a Ferrari, to state the obvious Ferrari makes V-8 as well as V-12 engines. And yes, the S55 is an inline-6 not a V-6. If a turbo M makes the forums vibrate, they will explode if/when BMW uses a V-6.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #158
flea333
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP, LMB, DCT

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
There is definitely videos like this that show CF cutouts. Not really shown well if that in the first one, but there are multiple videos broken down into parts.

Have you considered if there isn't a weight savings (which is definitely so), what about the increased stiffness of the frame versus using regular sheet metal with the sunroof cutout? Also the coolness factor?

How about if they did something like in the attached image for example with the M3/M4? That image is from a 3rd party, not manufactured by BMW obviously.
Is that roof real CF? The vid you posted still shows full sheets. I'm not that familiar with CF so I dunno.

I have to say it does look odd with the sunroof in there. But if BMW made CF w/ sunroof I wouldn't hesitate to buy.

I'm not a guy that really thinks CF is that cool looking, so I really just am interested in weight/stiffness function.
      06-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #159
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea333
Quote:
There is definitely videos like this that show CF cutouts. Not really shown well if that in the first one, but there are multiple videos broken down into parts.

Have you considered if there isn't a weight savings (which is definitely so), what about the increased stiffness of the frame versus using regular sheet metal with the sunroof cutout? Also the coolness factor?

How about if they did something like in the attached image for example with the M3/M4? That image is from a 3rd party, not manufactured by BMW obviously.
Is that roof real CF? The vid you posted still shows full sheets. I'm not that familiar with CF so I dunno.

I have to say it does look odd with the sunroof in there. But if BMW made CF w/ sunroof I wouldn't hesitate to buy.

I'm not a guy that really thinks CF is that cool looking, so I really just am interested in weight/stiffness function.
Bite your tongue young man!!!!! 1x1 plain weave CF looks great. That 2x2 twill stuff is meh!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #160
PSTM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT-R, CTS-V Coupe, 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
This car is sold and was at BMW North Scottsdale a couple days ago:
It's still around. I actually have a test drive scheduled with it tomorrow.
The dealership is keeping it as a demo car I guess.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #161
Murph335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 N54 e90, '10 N54 e93, TBSS

Garage List
2015 Tesla P85D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36toF30
I really don't understand why people like grey on cars, unless you just want it to be understated. Sure, it looks great with the sun shining on it, as does any metallic color. Without the sun shining on it, it looks drab and boring, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong -- the car looks great. But I think it looks even better in other colors.
I agree with you. In the used market the dark grey are plentiful so many folks are ordering it.

This one really caught my eye with the yellow/gold contrast of the brakes. Same color?http://f80.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...a/DQ6U1628.jpg" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://f80.bimmerpos...6U1628.jpg</a>

From the Road America article gallery... http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=997663
      06-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #162
Murph335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 N54 e90, '10 N54 e93, TBSS

Garage List
2015 Tesla P85D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSTM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
This car is sold and was at BMW North Scottsdale a couple days ago:
It's still around. I actually have a test drive scheduled with it tomorrow.
The dealership is keeping it as a demo car I guess.
Oh yea I need to drive it if still there!
      06-21-2014, 04:27 AM   #163
SouthernBoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flea333
Quote:

When you open an i3 door, the frame around the door is CFRP. Thats a cutout. I know this because I drove one. There might be some other CF area cut outs in the car somewhere that you can't see.

Like I said, that video was only Part 1 of about 4 Parts. Look at the other ones on the right side bar.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #164
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8 View Post
My local dealer got one for display. The exhaust sound was all rattle noise and i am not impress with the sound at all and it's not even close to Ferrari sound. Only thing I liked is the interior
All rattle? So just like the E92 on startup then.
Appreciate 0