Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

12-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #1
DreamSlider ///M
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 AB 6MT M3 ZCP (Sabine)

Winter setup

Hey all -

I've recently bought a set of wheels for a winter set of tires and am wondering what people in the SE run in winter? I specifically will be bringing the car up to western NC during the winter (so it will probably see snow on the ground, though not much), but will mostly be in dry Atlanta for most of the winter.... the winter wheels that are coming in are 19's (CCB on the new girl), so I need something that will work on those.

I'm thinking a square set of pirelli Sottozero 3's (255/35)... any thoughts? It seem like the forum jumps between about 3-4 different winter tire models (alpin, sottozero, blizzak, x-ice, etc), but I'm wondering what people in this area run?

She will be my DD when I get her, so she'll be out in whatever winter throws my way.

Any information would be great. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 07:09 AM   #2
DreamSlider ///M
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 AB 6MT M3 ZCP (Sabine)

Ended up going with the Sottozero 2's for this year (square 255/35 as mentioned in original post). Tires mounted on wheels and sitting in the garage waiting for my girl to make it to her new home so she can try on her new winter boots. Will update after they get some miles on them.
Appreciate 0