proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

09-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #45
AKG M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3_F80 View Post
That sucks man! They should have at least asked you first!
The best thing is that during the three months I was waiting for the car, I told three people repeatedly, sent emails, etc about NOT drilling the holes lol and that I had a mount coming...oh well, went to see the car live this afternoon and the mounted plate is not that bad but forget about the front being clean anymore. they did offer to take it to a body shop and have the holes filled bla bla bla...but to be honest I don't want to take delivery of a new car that has had already body work done. I'll leave it as is and they said they'll reimburse me for the money I spent on the mount so not too bad. Good news is that now don't have to wait for final delivery and I should be driving it off the lot on Tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 07:13 PM   #46
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKG M3
Quote:
That sucks man! They should have at least asked you first!
The best thing is that during the three months I was waiting for the car, I told three people repeatedly, sent emails, etc about NOT drilling the holes lol and that I had a mount coming...oh well, went to see the car live this afternoon and the mounted plate is not that bad but forget about the front being clean anymore. they did offer to take it to a body shop and have the holes filled bla bla bla...but to be honest I don't want to take delivery of a new car that has had already body work done. I'll leave it as is and they said they'll reimburse me for the money I spent on the mount so not too bad. Good news is that now don't have to wait for final delivery and I should be driving it off the lot on Tuesday.
I have seen the pre-mounted front oem plate and as you stated, it really isn't that bad.

Congrats on the new car! Tuesday will be here before you know it.

Put your mount up for sale, I am sure someone will take it!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 12:19 AM   #47
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

Is there a part for front plate mount or are the holes drilled directly into the body?

The e92 had a front license plate mount for the actual license plate. Does the F8x have something similar?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #48
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

I live in BC and its required by law to have a front plate. I decided not to install one because the car just looked so much better without it. Its been 2 months since taking deliver and using it as a DD. I have driven past countless cops and never been pulled over.

If I get pulled over once a year ill happily pay the fine if it means I dont have to put a front plate on. If I start getting hit monthly or once ever couple months then ill relent.

Meantime like pretty much every other law out there ill do whats best for me regardless of the law as long as I don't hurt anyone else.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 03:18 PM   #49
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by two+2
Is there a part for front plate mount or are the holes drilled directly into the body?

The e92 had a front license plate mount for the actual license plate. Does the F8x have something similar?
My understanding is that the bracket for the plate is drilled directly into the front bumper area. Perhaps someone who has one can chime in.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 08:45 PM   #50
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3_F80
Quote:
Originally Posted by two+2

My understanding is that the bracket for the plate is drilled directly into the front bumper area. Perhaps someone who has one can chime in.
Correct. It's drilled in.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #51
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKG M3 View Post

Sorry to hear about what happened to your plate. The Dealer should re-imburse you more given the cost they would have to pay to send it to a body shop. If you have this in writing it is completely their fault. I would make them own up to it.

As far as the Sto N Sho mount. I can take it off your hands...

PM me I am in the GTA...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 10:12 PM   #52
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
What does this mean?

How can I fill front bumper holes?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 12:52 AM   #53
Rik84
Full Potato
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Just ran across this thread. I'm in Vancouver and a front plate is required.

I grabbed a Renntech plate mount that threads into the front tow hook. Perfect fix.
Appreciate 0