BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

01-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #111
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I would be interested to find out of the HEX tune has solved the throttle blade closures at WOT, particularly in the 2015 and Non-ZCP cars. We all know that BM3 has resolved this horrible tuning flaw from the factory but if VF has not solved it in their tune, its going to be a far worse tune than BM3 by a long ways. This does not even consider the total lack of features it offers along with its materially higher price tag.

To each his own I guess.

2008 E90 335xi - N54 Daily Driver
MHD Stage 2+ ~ CPE DPs ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #112
Andym3100k
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Hi Guys, can I know whether anyone getting this fault code after the Stage 2 flash? (194604 tank leakage modules, Electrically: linebreak) which cannot be deleted off
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #113
dmk08
ZCP Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
I would be interested to find out of the HEX tune has solved the throttle blade closures at WOT, particularly in the 2015 and Non-ZCP cars. We all know that BM3 has resolved this horrible tuning flaw from the factory but if VF has not solved it in their tune, its going to be a far worse tune than BM3 by a long ways. This does not even consider the total lack of features it offers along with its materially higher price tag.

To each his own I guess.
Easy to resolve it. Start tuning off the ZCP tune as base I wonder if this is what BM3 does now?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 11:15 AM   #114
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andym3100k View Post
Hi Guys, can I know whether anyone getting this fault code after the Stage 2 flash? (194604 tank leakage modules, Electrically: linebreak) which cannot be deleted off
Andy, you got mail its DMTL pump (i.e. emissions) related
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #115
VF-Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post

To each his own I guess.
Keeping the throttle open has never been an issue with our tune.
Before our re-release in May of last year, we were able to explore in depth both the ZCP and GTS factory calibrations and have incorporate a lot of what we learned into our own software stages.

That being said, making consistent a reliable power is a lot more complicated than simply keeping the throttle open. Properly managing boost is hugely important, as is taking advantage of the sophistication and functionality of the valvetronic system.

(This isn't our thread so I'll just leave it at that.)
We do prefer that people ask HEX Tuning related questions in our own threads, and will encourage our customers to only post relevant information when it's on topic (which I believe most of the previous discussion has been).
Appreciate 1