proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-04-2017, 07:11 PM   #617
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Here's a tip for Wawanese insured folks. I just called and asked them about the whole 6 month policy and they said they are aware the rates have gone up. They also had a rate increase, but it shouldn't have been 30%. They said to call them when your renewal comes around and tell them to adjust your mileage. They said the default mileage they use in their calculations changed with the switch in policy terms. That may help in lowering the policy a bit.

By removing my 2016 M3 and replacing with the 2017 ZCP, my policy actually decreased by $0.44 over the next 4 months haha. I guess I'll take it. Better than it going up.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #618
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Glad to help! They are a no frills/no hassel kind of company. I shop every year just to see if they are competitive and its been like 6 years and they haven't been beat!

They are selective. They only insure good drivers, no accidents, no tickets, etc. So thats why you've probably never heard of them. Its not marketed to the masses on TV and also why they keep their premiums super competitive. I've had brokers just throw their hands up and say just stay with them b/c they couldn't find anyone with equal or better coverage for less. I'm sure a quick Google search will give you some reviews. Look on Yelp, they are in San Diego.
I may have missed this but they are only for CA and Oregon? Correct?

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #619
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M/// View Post
I may have missed this but they are only for CA and Oregon? Correct?
Yeah, that and Oregon, Canada, and Quebec.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #620
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Yeah, that and Oregon, Canada, and Quebec.
Thanks.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #621
hf1954
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

I am an auto appraiser and completing a diminished value report on a 2016 M4, are there any vin stickers or other labels attached to the interior of the M4 trunk lid? Thanks in advance..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 10:19 PM   #622
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M340i

$1020 a year with 500/500 deductibles via Central Insurance. Also have homeowners through them so there's a bit of a discount included.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 11:23 AM   #623
TxFeatFan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
2024 G83 M4  [10.00]
2017 F80 M3  [10.00]
$825 per six months with 500/500 deductibles via State Farm,
53, clean record, near Houston, Texas.
That's only $200 / year more expensive than my 2011 M3.
Their service is spectacular, though - been with them forever.

—————————————————————————————————————
2024 Tanzanite Blue II M4 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #624
shiv.nandak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C7 Z06, 16' M4 6MT SO

You guys are lucky. I'm 27 and i pay $200/month with Geico. Thats the cheapest rate i found. I've never had a traffic citation.

Edit: I've never had a traffic citation that hasn't been dismissed by a lawyer

Last edited by shiv.nandak; 01-18-2017 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #625
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
My M4 insurance with USAA is $665 for six months with 200/250 deductible.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #626
exia_m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP MW/SO

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
25 years old $1900 a year 500/500 max everything progressive Daily driver!

@drivingwithbenny
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #627
TxFeatFan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
2024 G83 M4  [10.00]
2017 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
My M4 insurance with USAA is $665 for six months with 200/250 deductible.
USAA rocks.

—————————————————————————————————————
2024 Tanzanite Blue II M4 Convertible
Appreciate 1
RMNB365.00
      01-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #628
TooFan328i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFeatFan View Post
USAA rocks.
How do I get USAA? I am with Geico, and paying $1900 for 6 months for two cars. The other one is old lexus truck. Deductibles are low, like 50/250. All discounts are applied, including good drivers etc.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #629
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20+M3 badge

510 a year with wawanesa. 100/300/100. 500 deductible
      01-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #630
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFan328i View Post
How do I get USAA? I am with Geico, and paying $1900 for 6 months for two cars. The other one is old lexus truck. Deductibles are low, like 50/250. All discounts are applied, including good drivers etc.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/g_ol...kredirect=true

aka current/ex military member, or your parents had/have usaa.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #631
robertg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

I believe you can also join USAA if you start a brokerage account that is how I got insurance with them in the past,
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 01:41 AM   #632
vanm3
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Whoa...

We up in Canada pay 2800$ with 45% discount ......
Rip off up here
      02-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #633
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accce View Post
I would not plug in anything that they send you. Read this first.

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2012/...nce-lying.html
Nationwide Ins has this as well. "SmartRide" device. Tracks 3 things: Hard breakings, Fast accelerations and driving between the hours of 12am and 5am. Sign up- get the up front discount. Keep it in your car for at least 5 months, they tell you to send it back and tell you what additional discounts you have acquired during this trial period. Mine said 18% discount...read the fine print...only applies to parts of your premium...bottom line is that it equates to around 5% give or take off of your next 6 month premium. However, there are other things that have affected your rate... general rate increase in your area, easy pay sign up discount removed, paperless discount removed and advanced discount removed which is ALWAYS a ONE TIME UP FRONT DISCOUNT!!! Then they remove it and your rate goes up!

Back to the SmartRide... IT WILL NOT MAKE YOUR RATE GO UP! You can drive like you stole it or like a my grandmother...discounts will differ slightly. I've done it 3 times because I have had 3 new cars...gotta do it again for each new car. EVERY TIME I HAVE RECEIVED additional discounts. Problem is that the "skeptics" out there are always nervous and suspicious because they are the speeders (100% of people speed by the way) and most everyone has hard breakings and times and fast accelerations. SO WHAT !! You will 100% of the time get an additional discounts. So what does this mean? It is a "win/win" situation. It CANT MAKE YOUR RATE GO UP for driving like a crazy person!!! Just do it and forget about it. 100% get the discount.

So...ever since 2009 (mortgage crisis), people have be come scared about money more so than ever. So insurance now advertise every 2 seconds all saying they can save you $500 for switching. REASON: It is a typical "bait-n-switch" advertising scheme (SCAM). They lure you in the door and then eventually start raising your rate. Happens 100% of the time!!!!! YES, every single company does this. They have no brain washed society to make insurance a commodity and now RATES are the only thing that matters in Property/Casualty insurance. DEAD SERIOUS! Why you ask? Is saving money on insurance the most important part of buying insurance? NO, you dumb ass, cheap F*CKERS!! It's just become the center of the conversation piece when it comes to insurance. Yes, it's part of the buying process not the most important by far.

History lesson. Picture this. All insurance companies jump in a washing machine. Picture a big circle...everyone goes round and round. These are insurance companies with their rate history every 10 years are so. Explain! OK!

One company lowers their rates substantially. Why? because after a while they have finally been able to get rid of their bad risks by raising their rates forcing them out the door or to shop around. First "knee-jerk" reaction by people by the way. When they get rid of their bad drivers this allows companies to lower their rates, attract the perfect drivers or shopper or tight wads of the world to jump on board to get a better rate. Great, right? Not so fast. If company A has low rates it's only for a short while. Reason...more drivers switch to them, their loss ratio (expenses) increase due to more people which equals more claims which means they will eventually raise their rates again. Happens every single time btw. So the companies who have higher rates get rid of their poor drivers so they can eventually lower their rates. What happens? Everyone jumps back over to them because the company they are with now starts to raise their rates. Get the picture? It's a game of exchanging each others customers over and over again.

Most smart people or I should say the content "American" customers which usually are the laziest and don't switch compared to folks who come from another country where price will always be everything and shop every single 6 months no matter that case is, stay with the same company for years. The result is they will have built up credits and long term discounts which don't make them shop. The reason is the big insurance companies will usually stay within 10% of each other , if they are smart, so they can keep a bigger market share. The less volatility the more profitable they will become. Rate stabilization 101 is at play here. If they can do it by strict underwriting, excellent cost measures and risk analysis they will profit by this in the long run.

Now everything goes up eventually. Costs will always go up over time. People ask why did my rate go up? Because we are all in a pool based upon zip code, county which is a territory. Rates are based on the pool of people in a localized geographical area for the most part. So we pay for the group not just OUR EXCELLENT DRIVING. So other people who suck at driving causes are rates to increase. Just like the rich doctors who gouge the insurance companies for a simple outpatient procedure. Don't get me started on Health insurance (another crime in this country). Salaries have increased in the last 50 years, values of home in the last 50 years. EVERYTHING GOES UP PEOPLE! It's 2017 not 1917. Think about that for a minute. Now you now.

Anyway, increase your liability limits, buy an Umbrella and call it a day. Buy QUALITY INSURANCE not just a low rate because it makes you feel good and empowered. So what if you save $500. Shitty coverage can cost you thousands if not a million. Thanks to the blood sucking legal system and the people who fake the injury, go to "Dewey, Cheatum and Howe" law firm, claim for 50K and watch the insurance company stroke a check in the blink of an eye. Why? It's cheaper to pay out this way than to fight it in court. Court costs would triple and cause more expense to the insurance companies which raises our rates EVEN MORE PEOPLE! Unfortunately this is reality in the insurance world. Sucks doesn't it? So what's the point of this ? Just another cynical sob. Go TRUMP!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 04:46 PM   #634
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550i Beast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by accce View Post
I would not plug in anything that they send you. Read this first.

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2012/...nce-lying.html
Nationwide Ins has this as well. "SmartRide" device. Tracks 3 things: Hard breakings, Fast accelerations and driving between the hours of 12am and 5am. Sign up- get the up front discount. Keep it in your car for at least 5 months, they tell you to send it back and tell you what additional discounts you have acquired during this trial period. Mine said 18% discount...read the fine print...only applies to parts of your premium...bottom line is that it equates to around 5% give or take off of your next 6 month premium. However, there are other things that have affected your rate... general rate increase in your area, easy pay sign up discount removed, paperless discount removed and advanced discount removed which is ALWAYS a ONE TIME UP FRONT DISCOUNT!!! Then they remove it and your rate goes up!

Back to the SmartRide... IT WILL NOT MAKE YOUR RATE GO UP! You can drive like you stole it or like a my grandmother...discounts will differ slightly. I've done it 3 times because I have had 3 new cars...gotta do it again for each new car. EVERY TIME I HAVE RECEIVED additional discounts. Problem is that the "skeptics" out there are always nervous and suspicious because they are the speeders (100% of people speed by the way) and most everyone has hard breakings and times and fast accelerations. SO WHAT !! You will 100% of the time get an additional discounts. So what does this mean? It is a "win/win" situation. It CANT MAKE YOUR RATE GO UP for driving like a crazy person!!! Just do it and forget about it. 100% get the discount.

So...ever since 2009 (mortgage crisis), people have be come scared about money more so than ever. So insurance now advertise every 2 seconds all saying they can save you $500 for switching. REASON: It is a typical "bait-n-switch" advertising scheme (SCAM). They lure you in the door and then eventually start raising your rate. Happens 100% of the time!!!!! YES, every single company does this. They have no brain washed society to make insurance a commodity and now RATES are the only thing that matters in Property/Casualty insurance. DEAD SERIOUS! Why you ask? Is saving money on insurance the most important part of buying insurance? NO, you dumb ass, cheap F*CKERS!! It's just become the center of the conversation piece when it comes to insurance. Yes, it's part of the buying process not the most important by far.

History lesson. Picture this. All insurance companies jump in a washing machine. Picture a big circle...everyone goes round and round. These are insurance companies with their rate history every 10 years are so. Explain! OK!

One company lowers their rates substantially. Why? because after a while they have finally been able to get rid of their bad risks by raising their rates forcing them out the door or to shop around. First "knee-jerk" reaction by people by the way. When they get rid of their bad drivers this allows companies to lower their rates, attract the perfect drivers or shopper or tight wads of the world to jump on board to get a better rate. Great, right? Not so fast. If company A has low rates it's only for a short while. Reason...more drivers switch to them, their loss ratio (expenses) increase due to more people which equals more claims which means they will eventually raise their rates again. Happens every single time btw. So the companies who have higher rates get rid of their poor drivers so they can eventually lower their rates. What happens? Everyone jumps back over to them because the company they are with now starts to raise their rates. Get the picture? It's a game of exchanging each others customers over and over again.

Most smart people or I should say the content "American" customers which usually are the laziest and don't switch compared to folks who come from another country where price will always be everything and shop every single 6 months no matter that case is, stay with the same company for years. The result is they will have built up credits and long term discounts which don't make them shop. The reason is the big insurance companies will usually stay within 10% of each other , if they are smart, so they can keep a bigger market share. The less volatility the more profitable they will become. Rate stabilization 101 is at play here. If they can do it by strict underwriting, excellent cost measures and risk analysis they will profit by this in the long run.

Now everything goes up eventually. Costs will always go up over time. People ask why did my rate go up? Because we are all in a pool based upon zip code, county which is a territory. Rates are based on the pool of people in a localized geographical area for the most part. So we pay for the group not just OUR EXCELLENT DRIVING. So other people who suck at driving causes are rates to increase. Just like the rich doctors who gouge the insurance companies for a simple outpatient procedure. Don't get me started on Health insurance (another crime in this country). Salaries have increased in the last 50 years, values of home in the last 50 years. EVERYTHING GOES UP PEOPLE! It's 2017 not 1917. Think about that for a minute. Now you now.

Anyway, increase your liability limits, buy an Umbrella and call it a day. Buy QUALITY INSURANCE not just a low rate because it makes you feel good and empowered. So what if you save $500. Shitty coverage can cost you thousands if not a million. Thanks to the blood sucking legal system and the people who fake the injury, go to "Dewey, Cheatum and Howe" law firm, claim for 50K and watch the insurance company stroke a check in the blink of an eye. Why? It's cheaper to pay out this way than to fight it in court. Court costs would triple and cause more expense to the insurance companies which raises our rates EVEN MORE PEOPLE! Unfortunately this is reality in the insurance world. Sucks doesn't it? So what's the point of this ? Just another cynical sob. Go TRUMP!!
I was gonna post about Nationwide. I own a M5 and my rate is $85/$250 deductible a month. I am 34yrs old. I gotta quote from State Farm, geico, and all state which were all way higher. Mind you these include $100k/300k bodily injury coverages.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 05:39 PM   #635
morf13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Garage List
2017 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550i Beast View Post

The injury scam happened to me... i got into a car accident with a bus and the bus driver said she got injured... keep in mind i was driving a 328 and nothing happened to me and she was driving a double decker... geico gave her 25,000....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 09:13 PM   #636
F80_M3
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Geico $175/Month
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 09:35 PM   #637
DL3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_M3 View Post
Geico $175/Month
That's a good # but have heard better. My search begins any day now starting with State Farm.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:38 PM   #638
LukeM15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 Comp Xdrive

Full Coverage $237.00 per month with Erie Insurance 2 vehicles the M3/Q5.
Appreciate 0