proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #155
hollandog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabi View Post
Whuch 3 in 1 car seat has the smallest footprint? So far I've found this one. Diono Rainier.
Clek. Looks better, safer with Anti rebound bar, easy to clean fabric and more $$$.
I'm getting the Fllo in a month or so. Daughter is out growing the keyfit 30 soon.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #156
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollandog
Quote:
Whuch 3 in 1 car seat has the smallest footprint? So far I've found this one. Diono Rainier.
Clek. Looks better, safer with Anti rebound bar, easy to clean fabric and more $$$.
I'm getting the Fllo in a month or so. Daughter is out growing the keyfit 30 soon.
Thanks
      06-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #157
hollandog
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [9.00]
Just installed the Clek Fllo. Fits great.
I didn't have to adjust my seating position at all.

I'm 5'8" and adjust my seat with below guide.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 12:55 AM   #158
LM3K
Rep
Drives: '11 JCW

That looks awesome, I have that seat in the slightly larger Foonf version. In that spot do you feel your passenger side blind spot or rear view mirror visibility is compromised at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollandog View Post
Just installed the Clek Fllo. Fits great.
I didn't have to adjust my seating position at all.

I'm 5'8" and adjust my seat with below guide.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 03:48 AM   #159
Hedoniste
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | M135i

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
Bought this 2 months ago. Not bad at all but it's not easy to access to the seat belt.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 08:37 AM   #160
hollandog
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM3K View Post
That looks awesome, I have that seat in the slightly larger Foonf version. In that spot do you feel your passenger side blind spot or rear view mirror visibility is compromised at all?
I have the Fllo it's shorter than the Foonf. I can barely see the headrest of the Fllo from rearview mirror. but my daughter is just 8.5 months old and the headrest is on its lowest position. So far no visibility issue at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #161
sjuhawks19
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Child booster seats

Hi, just got my M3 after xmas, and have had repeated issues with my children being able to buckle themselves in with booster seats. I had no problems in my last car, but the boosters slide a bit towards the middle when they sit in them and then the booster bottom covers the seatbelt. So they repeatedly have to get up, move the booster, and sit down hoping the seat doesn't move. I have Britax boosters, does anyone have a booster they recommend that is perhaps not as wide or have any other tricks to get this to not be an issue?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #162
houstonT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS

I have the same issue....would like to hear feedback from others.
Peter
      01-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #163
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20+M3 badge

I have evenflo and don't have any problems. I put a towel between the booster and the leather seat so the booster doesn't put any indentations on the leather.
      01-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #164
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshay View Post
I have evenflo and don't have any problems. I put a towel between the booster and the leather seat so the booster doesn't put any indentations on the leather.
Is that allowed? Does it not make it sit uneven?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 05:54 PM   #165
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20+M3 badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Is that allowed? Does it not make it sit uneven?
Why would it not be allowed? The seat is the same with or without the towel. It doesn't slide around, and my daughter has her seatbelt on fine.
      01-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #166
Vigilant
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cautiously fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjuhawks19 View Post
Hi, just got my M3 after xmas, and have had repeated issues with my children being able to buckle themselves in with booster seats. I had no problems in my last car, but the boosters slide a bit towards the middle when they sit in them and then the booster bottom covers the seatbelt. So they repeatedly have to get up, move the booster, and sit down hoping the seat doesn't move. I have Britax boosters, does anyone have a booster they recommend that is perhaps not as wide or have any other tricks to get this to not be an issue?

Thanks in advance!
OP...I use two booster seats in the back of my F80. The seats do slide and cover up the seat belt buckle. I use towels under the base and behind the torso attachment, and that has helped. Because of the location of the buckle, it is more difficult for the kids to self-buckle...it's not an SUV...but it allows for safer travel.

I have Evenflow boosters.

2022 BSM G80 Comp X-drive
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 07:16 PM   #167
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
OP...I use two booster seats in the back of my F80. The seats do slide and cover up the seat belt buckle. I use towels under the base and behind the torso attachment, and that has helped. Because of the location of the buckle, it is more difficult for the kids to self-buckle...it's not an SUV...but it allows for safer travel.

I highly recommend http://seatbeltextenderpros.com if your little ones are having trouble buckling. I have used them four times for two different cars (including the M3). Their quality and service is 10/10.
      01-18-2017, 07:38 PM   #168
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

I highly recommend http://seatbeltextenderpros.com if your little ones are having trouble buckling. I have used them four times for two different cars (including the M3). Their quality and service is 10/10.
This is brilliant - thank you! I have the same booster seat issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 08:20 PM   #169
Driller001
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 convertable

I have 2 Recaro Performance Sport seats in my M4 vert.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #170
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

This is brilliant - thank you! I have the same booster seat issue.
Glad to help. They are life savers (pun!) for your sanity and back as you no longer need to help them buckle.

Look for the 'ridged' type. pro tip: If you order and then discover the size is too short/long then give them a call. They will send you a longer/shorter one for free. And they tell you to keep the old one. Ask me how I know this...

Hence their 10/10 service.

I'm sure they can't accept the old one due to liability reasons but still it is a easy and free process.
      01-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #171
sjuhawks19
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Glad to help. They are life savers (pun!) for your sanity and back as you no longer need to help them buckle.

Look for the 'ridged' type. pro tip: If you order and then discover the size is too short/long then give them a call. They will send you a longer/shorter one for free. And they tell you to keep the old one. Ask me how I know this...

I'm sure they can't accept the old one due to liability reasons but still it is a easy and free process.
I read though that seat belt extenders were not to be used with child safety restraints. It can affect where the belt lies on their lap and/or across their chests. So I'm not 100% sure this is the right way to go.

I just looked up the boosters that I have and they are 18" wide at their widest points. I know there are some out there that are less, so I'll buy a thinner one and see how that works. Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #172
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I read though that seat belt extenders were not to be used with child safety restraints. It can affect where the belt lies on their lap and/or across their chests. So I'm not 100% sure this is the right way to go.

I just looked up the boosters that I have and they are 18" wide at their widest points. I know there are some out there that are less, so I'll buy a thinner one and see how that works. Thanks for the help!
The extender actually facilities the seatbelt to be properly aligned. In fact the belt clicks into the extender at the exact spot it should vs. being too far down to the side of the seat.

I'll try to get a pic.
      01-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #173
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'll try to remember to get a pic with one of the kids sitting in it tomorrow.
Attached Images

01-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #174
sjuhawks19
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I agree that looks right, but everything I'm reading online says these should not be used with booster seats.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #175
Slimjim8201
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 - 6MT YMB

I'll be taking delivery of my F80 in about a month and will be going three-wide in the back seat. The plan is as follows:
  • 4 year old behind the driver in a forward-facing Diono Radian RXT
  • 2 year old in the middle in a rear-facing Diono Radian RXT
  • New arrival (due date of early March) behind the passenger in a Keyfit 30

I'm 6'3" with long legs so it's going to be tight. Here's to the family sport sedan.
      01-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #176
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimjim8201 View Post
I'll be taking delivery of my F80 in about a month and will be going three-wide in the back seat. The plan is as follows:
  • 4 year old behind the driver in a forward-facing Diono Radian RXT
  • 2 year old in the middle in a rear-facing Diono Radian RXT
  • New arrival (due date of early March) behind the passenger in a Keyfit 30

I'm 6'3" with long legs so it's going to be tight. Here's to the family sport sedan.
Good luck with that. However every time we complain about comfort in a car, I recall my childhood. No seat belts, no airbags, 5 adults in a tiny sedan (Corolla size) and we kids on parents lap. The only safety feature that was there was that kids before 12 were not allowed in the front seat. You can fit as many pple in the back as you could....
Bottom line it will be tight, but all it is about comfort is just 1st world problem
termigni1081.00