BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #45
DL3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL3 View Post
This is definitely not good news.
it is not the seat alone; it's the whole car: it is a street car meant for racing, thus stiff and uncomfortable. the comfort ride is reasonable, the sport plus spring setting makes "your fillings leave your teeth..."
Great reply, one of the best. Ordered mine with 19' 437's looking 4 ride improvement, since you replaced yours with 19's, any difference?? Maybe just maybe a bit more supple for DD?? Again thanks, I've got a serious amount of doubt.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #46
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunner///M View Post
6MT throw is far too long to be sporty. Needs SSK
After about 20k miles I find it to be fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 03:19 PM   #47
PatrickM3
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 30 Jahre

Quote:
Great reply, one of the best. Ordered mine with 19' 437's looking 4 ride improvement, since you replaced yours with 19's, any difference?? Maybe just maybe a bit more supple for DD?? Again thanks, I've got a serious amount of doubt.
19" increase comfort a bit, at least in winter. When I drove the 666's in late summer they did not feel as uncomfortable as mine did two weeks ago at delivery around 2 degrees Celsius (30 degrees F).

Don't doubt your decision at all, it's a great package altogether; drivable as a daily, racy when you feel like it. I came from a luxurious 530xD which is uber comfy and most of the times I do not pay attention to the increased stiffness, except on really bad roads, that's the only time when I miss my 5 series touring....
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #48
DL3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickM3 View Post
Quote:
19" increase comfort a bit, at least in winter. When I drove the 666's in late summer they did not feel as uncomfortable as mine did two weeks ago at delivery around 2 degrees Celsius (30 degrees F).

Don't doubt your decision at all, it's a great package altogether; drivable as a daily, racy when you feel like it. I came from a luxurious 530xD which is uber comfy and most of the times I do not pay attention to the increased stiffness, except on really bad roads, that's the only time when I miss my 5 series touring....
Well, little bit comforting to hear but....Not sure what build stage I'm currently @ but if I plan on making a move it better be by Monday. Reason I declined on the " civic" M3 was the weak exhaust note, my head will be busy this weekend! Thanks again for putting things in perspective.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #49
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsta101 View Post
Well, I'm 2,000 miles in. 1 Oil change/Break in service in. 2 Different states, highway miles, city miles, country road miles.

I figured I'd post some pics, and share my thoughts on the everyday drive, feel and performance of the M3.

This is my first BMW I've ever bought. By far the fastest I've had. (my current DD is my 2013 Volkswagen CC r-line)

LOOKS:

AWESOME! You really can't appreciate this car via pictures. The lines on it, the lights, the wide body, it just works. I went with MW and SO full interior. I would definitely recommend the Full leather. Just gives a premium feel on the interior. It's simple, yet sophisticated and just works. Especially if you don't drive it every day, when you get inside of it, and wrap your hands around the thick steering wheel, just feels great.

The 666's wheels are awesome. They look great when they are parked, and look great when you're on the road. Again, go for the comp package, or at least the upgraded wheels. Definitely worth it.

PERFORMANCE:

Given that I was coming from a 200hp VW CC. When I first started driving the M3, it obviously felt like a rocket ship. Warning, after driving it for a few weeks, you will definitely get kinda "used" to the power. This is also because you can't (not supposed to) go over 5,000 rpm. Once you get an oil change and break it in properly, shifting down to 3rd gear while on the highway, and passing a few vehicles, looking down and notice you're at 105mph within what felt like 2 seconds, it's an awesome feeling.

Even in 6th gear, when in SPORT + mode, it has un-believable pickup and usually enough to pass cars up.

Keep it in Sport + or at least Sport mode. You will hear the crackling sounds in the exhaust, more performance and just more fun. Why on earth would you ever keep it on efficient? Silly. I love the rev match when In Sport mode.

6 speed. Get it. Don't be lame. This car is a drivers car. Manual just feels right. you control it. Unless you are going to become a professional race car driver, and that extra .2 of a second matter to you when it comes to shifting, by all means get the auto. Lame.

Everyday Drive-ability:

Yes. You. Can. The car is a rough ride, it's no luxury sedan. It's not a Lincoln or caddy. But, it's the right amount of stiffness. It's a sports car, get used to your head bobbing up and down once in a while. It feels great taking an exit turn going 80 and it just hugs the road.

It will also take you a bit to get used to the seats. At first I noticed lower back pain/discomfort in the beginning. Once you get used to it, you won't ever notice and discomfort. They are not bad.

Worth it:

After researching the car for over a year, dreaming about it for 5 years, waiting 2 months for it to finishing building, and spending all the money that I did. I can say yes, it's worth it. LIfe is short, if you have always dreamed of an M3, and have the financial means in doing so, do it. Sure I have some days looking at a 80k machine in my garage, when it's snowing and I can't drive it, and thinking why the hell did I spend so much money on something I cant drive all year. But when you DO drive it. You feel like a new person. That feeling is worth it to me.

Keep it clean. Wipe it down every night. The cleaner you keep it, the more fun it will be to drive. Once you let it get dirty, and don't care anymore, that's when you will think of trading it in or saying how it's not worth it anymore. Don't be lazy, take care of your shit.

I've included some pics. Enjoy. As I will definitely take advantage of this sunny, 10 degree weather in south central Wisconsin. GO PACKERS!

I couldn't upload pics for whatever reason, so here's a link where you can see some.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...VU?usp=sharing
Congrats on the purchase and thx for the review. I would think the gloves help keep the leather on the steering wheel and shifter clean as well.

I am curious when you hit a pot hole or a bump on the road is it really jarring or rough? Like is it enough to make you cringe? I only ask because that's how it feels whenever I go over a bump in my F10 535i with the M Sport suspension. Curious to see if it is the same in the M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #50
AustinGelbM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsta101 View Post
Well, I'm 2,000 miles in. 1 Oil change/Break in service in. 2 Different states, highway miles, city miles, country road miles.

I figured I'd post some pics, and share my thoughts on the everyday drive, feel and performance of the M3.

This is my first BMW I've ever bought. By far the fastest I've had. (my current DD is my 2013 Volkswagen CC r-line)

LOOKS:

AWESOME! You really can't appreciate this car via pictures. The lines on it, the lights, the wide body, it just works. I went with MW and SO full interior. I would definitely recommend the Full leather. Just gives a premium feel on the interior. It's simple, yet sophisticated and just works. Especially if you don't drive it every day, when you get inside of it, and wrap your hands around the thick steering wheel, just feels great.

The 666's wheels are awesome. They look great when they are parked, and look great when you're on the road. Again, go for the comp package, or at least the upgraded wheels. Definitely worth it.

PERFORMANCE:

Given that I was coming from a 200hp VW CC. When I first started driving the M3, it obviously felt like a rocket ship. Warning, after driving it for a few weeks, you will definitely get kinda "used" to the power. This is also because you can't (not supposed to) go over 5,000 rpm. Once you get an oil change and break it in properly, shifting down to 3rd gear while on the highway, and passing a few vehicles, looking down and notice you're at 105mph within what felt like 2 seconds, it's an awesome feeling.

Even in 6th gear, when in SPORT + mode, it has un-believable pickup and usually enough to pass cars up.

Keep it in Sport + or at least Sport mode. You will hear the crackling sounds in the exhaust, more performance and just more fun. Why on earth would you ever keep it on efficient? Silly. I love the rev match when In Sport mode.

6 speed. Get it. Don't be lame. This car is a drivers car. Manual just feels right. you control it. Unless you are going to become a professional race car driver, and that extra .2 of a second matter to you when it comes to shifting, by all means get the auto. Lame.

Everyday Drive-ability:

Yes. You. Can. The car is a rough ride, it's no luxury sedan. It's not a Lincoln or caddy. But, it's the right amount of stiffness. It's a sports car, get used to your head bobbing up and down once in a while. It feels great taking an exit turn going 80 and it just hugs the road.

It will also take you a bit to get used to the seats. At first I noticed lower back pain/discomfort in the beginning. Once you get used to it, you won't ever notice and discomfort. They are not bad.

Worth it:

After researching the car for over a year, dreaming about it for 5 years, waiting 2 months for it to finishing building, and spending all the money that I did. I can say yes, it's worth it. LIfe is short, if you have always dreamed of an M3, and have the financial means in doing so, do it. Sure I have some days looking at a 80k machine in my garage, when it's snowing and I can't drive it, and thinking why the hell did I spend so much money on something I cant drive all year. But when you DO drive it. You feel like a new person. That feeling is worth it to me.

Keep it clean. Wipe it down every night. The cleaner you keep it, the more fun it will be to drive. Once you let it get dirty, and don't care anymore, that's when you will think of trading it in or saying how it's not worth it anymore. Don't be lazy, take care of your shit.

I've included some pics. Enjoy. As I will definitely take advantage of this sunny, 10 degree weather in south central Wisconsin. GO PACKERS!

I couldn't upload pics for whatever reason, so here's a link where you can see some.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...VU?usp=sharing
Good stuff. A little close to the curb there hoss
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #51
bonsta101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
Congrats on the purchase and thx for the review. I would think the gloves help keep the leather on the steering wheel and shifter clean as well.

I am curious when you hit a pot hole or a bump on the road is it really jarring or rough? Like is it enough to make you cringe? I only ask because that's how it feels whenever I go over a bump in my F10 535i with the M Sport suspension. Curious to see if it is the same in the M3.
I haven't really hit a big pot hole (I try to avoid those) but for the big bumps I have hit, it is not pleasant. Not really much to say besides yes u will feel it, but it feels like an expensive, heavy machine hitting a bump, not a cheap corolla hitting a bump and thinking you broke something. If that makes sense?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #52
bonsta101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGelbM4 View Post
Good stuff. A little close to the curb there hoss
My place of work, so I know for sure the curb sits below the bumper. Believe me, I wouldn't do it otherwise.
Appreciate 0