BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

06-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
Gearhead999s
Major General

Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4

My order is screwed up.

Finally looked at my BOS yesterday and noticed that the EDC has vanished off the optional equipment on my incoming car.I have had EDC on both my E92 M3's and felt I have benefitted from having the choice of shock settings for our crappy roads here in Ontario and being able to tailor it for the track which I do quite frequently. It was on my original BOS but was not on the dealer invoice which is used to generate the final BOS.I am a little pissed to say the least!
      06-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
gthal
Brigadier General

Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
That sucks!!

Tell you what, I'll take your car off your hands now and you can take my allocation which is scheduled for a July 14th build as it has EDC
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
gthal is offline   Canada
      06-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
Gearhead999s
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
That sucks!!

Tell you what, I'll take your car off your hands now and you can take my allocation which is scheduled for a July 14th build as it has EDC
Hmm!I have an Austin Yellow that I can have now but I am not feeling that colour at all!They are checking what else they can offer me or to amend an incoming order to speed up the process.
      06-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
gthal
Brigadier General

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Hmm!I have an Austin Yellow that I can have now but I am not feeling that colour at all!They are checking what else they can offer me or to amend an incoming order to speed up the process.
There is an AY in Toronto that is available? I'm also trying to find a way to speed up my car coming!!
      06-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
Gearhead999s
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
There is an AY in Toronto that is available? I'm also trying to find a way to speed up my car coming!!
Yep.PM me if you want details
      06-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
BigMacSmallFries
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '15 M3, '11 GT3 RS

Have you checked out Parkview BMW? They have 4 M3/M4s just sitting there in the showroom unsold. There's more than 10 M3/M4s avaiable in the GTA that have not been sold yet. You might get lucky and find one that you like.
      06-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #7
Gearhead999s
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacSmallFries View Post
Have you checked out Parkview BMW? They have 4 M3/M4s just sitting there in the showroom unsold. There's more than 10 M3/M4s avaiable in the GTA that have not been sold yet. You might get lucky and find one that you like.
Checked it out this am but nothing else close to options that I thought I had ordered.Chances are I will take this car as it will be a short term vehicle as I have a C7 Z06 on order for next spring.
      06-26-2014, 01:20 AM   #8
redfox
Virgin

Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Budds have a few unsold as well. All without EDC though.
redfox is offline   Canada
      06-26-2014, 02:03 AM   #9
RickMonet
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 3-Series + 7-Series

Sorry for the newbie question - but is EDC the same option as Adaptive M Suspension?
      06-26-2014, 06:18 AM   #10
Gearhead999s
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMonet View Post
Sorry for the newbie question - but is EDC the same option as Adaptive M Suspension?
Yep!
      06-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #11
RickMonet
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 3-Series + 7-Series

Quote:
Yep!
Then I agree - must have feature. As others have stated - it is worth the 1000 bucks just to have a real button on the console instead of the blank when not ordered!
      06-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #12
SoN][c
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacSmallFries View Post
I'm quite surprised that there are so many available. I assumed they would have all been sold pretty quickly. I lucked out when I placed my order (Early June) because I got a late June build (3 weeks after order). It just completed today! But I only got that slot due to a cancellation, otherwise I would have had a late July/Early August build which also isn't too bad... I assumed this years allocations would have all been spoken for already. Guess they're not as in-demand as I thought they'd be.
      06-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #13
jc05e46m3
Colonel

Drives: '15 YMB/SO M4

Quote:
Finally looked at my BOS yesterday and noticed that the EDC has vanished off the optional equipment on my incoming car.I have had EDC on both my E92 M3's and felt I have benefitted from having the choice of shock settings for our crappy roads here in Ontario and being able to tailor it for the track which I do quite frequently. It was on my original BOS but was not on the dealer invoice which is used to generate the final BOS.I am a little pissed to say the least!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMonet View Post
Then I agree - must have feature. As others have stated - it is worth the 1000 bucks just to have a real button on the console instead of the blank when not ordered!
Lol. That's funny. I opter for Adaptive suspension as well since I had it on my E92, but after test driving a passive suspension M4, I can tell you, it's not a big deal at all. It's still a good ride. May just be worth driving to find out for yourself.
      06-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #14
Gearhead999s
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Lol. That's funny. I opter for Adaptive suspension as well since I had it on my E92, but after test driving a passive suspension M4, I can tell you, it's not a big deal at all. It's still a good ride. May just be worth driving to find out for yourself.
After thinking about it I am going to take this car as the alternatives are not that great.I have many hard riding cars over the years and lived with them.My concern is how soft it will be on the track with the passive suspension.
      06-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #15
gthal
Brigadier General

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
After thinking about it I am going to take this car as the alternatives are not that great.I have many hard riding cars over the years and lived with them.My concern is how soft it will be on the track with the passive suspension.
I've driven a car with the passive suspension and it was firm but not uncomfortable. My impression is it is absolutely firm enough for the track. If the report that the passive suspension is between sport and sport + is true, it is likely close to ideal for most applications.
      06-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #16
M5 BAT
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2015 BMW M5

My order is delayed!!

I put my order in late May/early June and thought I was taking delivery at the end of July. When I phoned up BMW Canada to track status, they said your order was accepted and isn't scheduled for production until late August!! WTF!!!

They said: 1 week to build the car, 2-3 weeks to ship. That means I don't get my car until mid-late Sept!!!! Needless to say I called my dealer asking what could be done...hoping I can get something sooner!!!

I ordered an AY with exec / premium package, EDC, Carbon Ceramics etc.
If I could get one earlier I would forget the Carbon brakes.
      06-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #17
gthal
Brigadier General

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 BAT View Post
I put my order in late May/early June and thought I was taking delivery at the end of July. When I phoned up BMW Canada to track status, they said your order was accepted and isn't scheduled for production until late August!! WTF!!!

They said: 1 week to build the car, 2-3 weeks to ship. That means I don't get my car until mid-late Sept!!!! Needless to say I called my dealer asking what could be done...hoping I can get something sooner!!!

It's the brakes. They are on constraint. Remove that and I bet your build moves up. Or do what I did and have your dealer search for a car similar in build that is on its way or here but not sold. I did this and am taking my AY fully loaded car home Monday. Squeaky wheel theory works
      06-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #18
jc05e46m3
Colonel

Drives: '15 YMB/SO M4

Quote:
Good choice. I think you'll find that it will still perform on the track.....and if it doesn't, you can always resort to coilovers as I probably will
      06-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #19
Mikster
Maverick

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoN][c View Post
I'm quite surprised that there are so many available. I assumed they would have all been sold pretty quickly. I lucked out when I placed my order (Early June) because I got a late June build (3 weeks after order). It just completed today! But I only got that slot due to a cancellation, otherwise I would have had a late July/Early August build which also isn't too bad... I assumed this years allocations would have all been spoken for already. Guess they're not as in-demand as I thought they'd be.
The trouble with many of the cars that were built/coming, but not sold, was that many were loaded with a boatload of options I don't want. And, in my case, the dealer could only find ONE that was 6MT. But it had Aluminum Blade trim which is a no-go for me.
M
Mikster is offline   Canada
      06-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #20
kbb
Enlisted Member

Drives: 15' MW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
Quote:

It's the brakes. They are on constraint. Remove that and I bet your build moves up. Or do what I did and have your dealer search for a car similar in build that is on its way or here but not sold. I did this and am taking my AY fully loaded car home Monday. Squeaky wheel theory works
I ordered mine in April with CCB and was told it will be early July production, but it went into production this week so I'm getting it around mid August.
kbb is offline   Canada
      06-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #21
SoN][c
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 535i M-Sport

Quote:

Its the carbon ceramic brakes. The only reason I got a week 26 production date (I ordered the car at the beginning of June) is because someone abandoned their week 26 slot due to carbon ceramic brakes only starting production in September (and they wanted to wait for the CCB). I believe the factory is closed for most of August... so from what I understand the earliest you can get carbon ceramic brake cars delivered in Canada is into October (Sept production, oct delivery).... hope my info is wrong, but thats what I was told when I got the cancelled slot. My car just completed production today (i'm in toronto), so I'll let you know how long it takes to arrive to give you a rough gauge. Which dealership did you order from?
      06-26-2014, 08:52 PM   #22
Gearhead999s
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Good choice. I think you'll find that it will still perform on the track.....and if it doesn't, you can always resort to coilovers as I probably will
Not very keen on aftermarket bits on modern stuff.I have instructed in & driven a lot of E9X M3's and never found an aftermarket setup that works as well as the stock ZCP on track.They usually run out of travel when being driven at the limit and usually react really poorly to curb hopping which is often the fast way around a lot of tracks.Yes it can be sorted by fine tuning with settings & spring rates but really who has the time to do that?I sure do not!