BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

View Poll Results: What will you be doing with your M3/M4?
Garage Queen 13 11.30%
Daily Commuter 63 54.78%
Daily Commuter + Track 36 31.30%
Track Only 3 2.61%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

06-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic

Drives: 2015 MW/SO 6MT M4

Garage List
What will you be doing with your M3/M4?

Mine will be a garage queen

Edited: NOT!! I'm switching to daily commuter after my test drive and after my SA said "These cars are meant to me DRIVEN!"
///2015 M4 named Candy | M Perf Front Splitters + Side Skirts + CF Rear Diffuser | Beltronics STiR Plus | IND Tri-Color Grille | IND Painted Side Vents and Markers | Dinan Stage 1 Tune ---> Journal Here

Last edited by SteveSpy; 06-30-2014 at 07:54 AM.
SteveSpy is offline   United_States
      06-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Banned

Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)

Commuting......driving it with a month's worth of dirt on it............eating Skittles and Ruffles in it........driving some B-Roads with it.........staring at it..........farting in it.............sweating in it...........showing it off..............cleaning it until it's nearly showroom perfect and doing all of the above over again.
Sedan_Clan is offline   Brazil
      06-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
SoN][c
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Commuting......driving it with a month's worth of dirt on it............eating Skittles and Ruffles in it........driving some B-Roads with it.........staring at it..........farting in it.............sweating in it...........showing it off..............cleaning it until it's nearly showroom perfect and doing all of the above over again.
+1 couldn't have said it better myself
      06-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
Sedan_Clan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoN][c View Post
+1 couldn't have said it better myself
We are cut from the same cloth. I'm not paying +/- $1000 a month to have a car just sit! That's a waste of time and money.
      06-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
secretariat
Second Lieutenant

Drives: F80 M3 SSII

I'll be doing the same as Sedanclan except farting (hopefully) and eating in it. And i've never driven a car in my life that had a months worth of dirt on it. I will be staring at it and also talking to it or maybe cursing in it (road rage and all)
      06-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
Sedan_Clan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
I'll be doing the same as Sedanclan except farting (hopefully) and eating in it. And i've never driven a car in my life that had a months worth of dirt on it. I will be staring at it and also talking to it or maybe cursing in it (road rage and all)
  • I don't consider 'scentless' foods eating in it. I'll never have french fries, pizza, burgers, etc. in my passenger compartment ever. That stuff permeates the interior and it's hard to get the smell out.
  • You will fart in it!
  • You deal with snow. The dirt/grime/film associated with that weather is even worse than a month's worth of dirt!
      06-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
BlackCobra08
King Cobra

Drives: 15' 6MT M3

Quote:
..........farting in it......
Ah yes, won't we all. First stop when I pick mine up is the nearest Mexican restaurant, extra beans and cheese!
      06-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #8
Sedan_Clan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCobra08 View Post
Ah yes, won't we all. First stop when I pick mine up is the nearest Mexican restaurant, extra beans and cheese!
Yum! Pass the hot sauce!
      06-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #9
jsp335is
Private First Class

Drives: BMW 2011 335is Titanium Silver

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [3.00]
Sleeping in it and starring at it in my driveway.
      06-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic

Garage List
Quote:
We are cut from the same cloth. I'm not paying +/- $1000 a month to have a car just sit! That's a waste of time and money.
I'm not paying $1000 a month for it, I'm buying it outright. Secondly, to answer the rest of the comments here, I intend not to keep it in my garage to stare at but to take it out on weekends, and that for about 8 to 10 years, well maintained and well kept under its car cover.

I don't want to put a lot of miles on it so I will probably come to work on Fridays with it, and that only if it is sunny!!
///2015 M4 named Candy | M Perf Front Splitters + Side Skirts + CF Rear Diffuser | Beltronics STiR Plus | IND Tri-Color Grille | IND Painted Side Vents and Markers | Dinan Stage 1 Tune ---> Journal Here

06-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #11
Sedan_Clan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspyrops
Quote:
I'm not paying $1000 a month for it, I'm buying it outright. Secondly, to answer the rest of the comments here, I intend not to keep it in my garage to stare at but to take it out on weekends, and that for about 8 to 10 years, well maintained and well kept under its car cover.

I don't want to put a lot of miles on it so I will probably come to work on Fridays with it, and that only if it is sunny!!
The dollar amount was in reference to me personally, but most people will be paying that amount or more for the ///M.
      06-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #12
///M ARMY
Major

Drives: F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'll be driving it like I stole it. Enjoy it. Life's so short to watch it sit there
      06-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #13
mkoesel

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspyrops View Post
I'm curious why you don't want to put a lot of miles on it over that 8 to 10 years.

Also at the end of that period, what do you plan to do with it? Will you sell it?
      06-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #14
GOLFFRR

Drives: Golf Cart

i usually run about 5-7k miles a year on my cars. My daily commute is 5 miles at 45 mph and my drive to golf course is 10 at 55mph lol. Garage at home and garage at work so yes garage queen unfortunately

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special ALL M CARS--> http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
      06-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #15
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR
i usually run about 5-7k miles a year on my cars. My daily commute is 5 miles at 45 mph and my drive to golf course is 10 at 55mph lol. Garage at home and garage at work so yes garage queen unfortunately
Nothing unfortunate about it Golfrr... I'm a golfrr too, I plan on taking it to the course on weekends and to work very seldomly and I'm happy with that.

06-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #16
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel
Quote:
I'm curious why you don't want to put a lot of miles on it over that 8 to 10 years.

Also at the end of that period, what do you plan to do with it? Will you sell it?
I don't want to put too many miles on it over 8 to 10 years simply because I want it to be a "new" car for a long time. I intend to sell it in a decade and get a new one and repeat the process.

06-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #17
mkoesel

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

Quote:
I don't want to put too many miles on it over 8 to 10 years simply because I want it to be a "new" car for a long time. I intend to sell it in a decade and get a new one and repeat the process.
I see, sure. I know I could never go ten years with the same car (some guys here barely go ten months), but there's no reason why it can't be done.

If I were to do something like that I think I'd choose a car that didn't give up so much expressly to function as a day-in day-out car with lots of utility. Probably an Elise would be a good candidate, or maybe even better, an Alfa 4C (once the 300hp model and the Spider arrive). To me, from the perspective of striving to keep the right tools in your tool-belt or weapons in your arsenal, parking an M3 in the garage is closer to parking a Range Rover or Cayenne in the garage than it is parking a Ferrari or Aston in the garage.
      06-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #18
Wah
Red Hot Riplet

Drives: '15 F82 M4

Not quite a garage queen, although I have an SUV for the winter. If there is snow or salt, I probably won't take it out. The rest of the year, I'll bring it to work and drive it much as I can. My commute is 4 miles, and my wife absolutely hated my M3 so when out with the family, we will probably take her car. I end up putting about 7k miles per year. Hopefully, this M4 will get more miles on it.
Wah is offline   United_States
      06-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #19
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah
Not quite a garage queen, although I have an SUV for the winter. If there is snow or salt, I probably won't take it out. The rest of the year, I'll bring it to work and drive it much as I can. My commute is 4 miles, and my wife absolutely hated my M3 so when out with the family, we will probably take her car. I end up putting about 7k miles per year. Hopefully, this M4 will get more miles on it.
My wife hated my manual S4 because it made hear nautious so imagine how nautious my M4 is gonna make her!!!

That being said, I will most definitely be taking her out on the town in it.

06-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #20
Lups
Brigadier General

Drives: Peter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Quote:
My wife hated my manual S4 because it made hear nautious so imagine how nautious my M4 is gonna make her!!!

That being said, I will most definitely be taking her out on the town in it.
I win! My spouse doesn't come to the same car with me, if gravel is to be expected. Doesn't matter which car in question. My favorite road back home makes him scream at me every time, and the whining about tires and burning them out is something that will never go away from my head.

What else: Oh yeah, in every traffic light: "Could you just once start off easy" Two seconds later "You are buying the next set of tires"

I think he believes a tireferry brings those to us, since in the years together, I can't recall him doing anything to the cars.

There boys, stfu, I have spoken.
      06-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #21
/// M sa
Captain

Drives: F80 MG

Driven, that's what will happen to the M3.
      06-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #22
Sedan_Clan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M sa View Post
Driven, that's what will happen to the M3.
That's my boy!