BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Homsyboy
Private First Class
46
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: M4 TB/SO
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

DC/VA/MD question

Hey anyone in DC/VA/MD know any good places to do tints? I was thinking of doing crystalline 3M at 35% around and 70% windshield (unless someone recommends something else)
New to the area thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
1446
Rep
3,815
Posts

Drives: Walking Everywhere
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Miami / 305

iTrader: (0)

Winners Window in Rockville
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
MailmanOdd
Private
7
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i Estoril Blue II
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Not sure if you got it done yet or not but I went to AP Tinting and they did a FANTASTIC job. I got Llumar Formula One Pinnacle 30%. There is zero dust anywhere under the film. Very nice facility just a little out of the way. I wish I had gotten my S4 tinted there.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
williocom
First Lieutenant
williocom's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: 2017 SO M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (7)

Look at Skyline Tint in Springfield and talk to Paul. They did a great job. It was $320 for the F80 with ceramic tint.
__________________
///2017 M3 SO/Blk: DCT / 19" Black Alloys / Executive Pkg. / Lighting Pkg.
2015 BMW i8 Sophisto Grey (RETIRED)
///2015 M3 MW/SO (RETIRED)
///2011 e93 M3 AW/FR (RETIRED)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #5
Homsyboy
Private First Class
46
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: M4 TB/SO
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MailmanOdd
Not sure if you got it done yet or not but I went to AP Tinting and they did a FANTASTIC job. I got Llumar Formula One Pinnacle 30%. There is zero dust anywhere under the film. Very nice facility just a little out of the way. I wish I had gotten my S4 tinted there.
I haven't done it yet, thank you! Was it ceramic? Also how much was it?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
Homsyboy
Private First Class
46
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: M4 TB/SO
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williocom
Look at Skyline Tint in Springfield and talk to Paul. They did a great job. It was $320 for the F80 with ceramic tint.
What was it, 40%?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
williocom
First Lieutenant
williocom's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: 2017 SO M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homsyboy View Post
What was it, 40%?
I did 30% all around but they also have 40% available.

Here is a photo, granted it is in my garage so it looks a lot darker than it is.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=94
__________________
///2017 M3 SO/Blk: DCT / 19" Black Alloys / Executive Pkg. / Lighting Pkg.
2015 BMW i8 Sophisto Grey (RETIRED)
///2015 M3 MW/SO (RETIRED)
///2011 e93 M3 AW/FR (RETIRED)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #8
shortseller
Colonel
shortseller's Avatar
United_States
414
Rep
2,705
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williocom View Post
I did 30% all around but they also have 40% available.

Here is a photo, granted it is in my garage so it looks a lot darker than it is.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=94
Hey Will,

That looks really great, they do nice work. 30% all around I assume is street legal. Is going to 40% just for side and back glass? Front as well?

Does it effect HUD? If so, is it even still visible if one is wearing polarized sunglasses?

Thanks-
Dean
__________________

Last edited by shortseller; 12-19-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #9
BSM F30
Lieutenant
United_States
107
Rep
524
Posts

Drives: 2016 328i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fairfax, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williocom View Post
Look at Skyline Tint in Springfield and talk to Paul. They did a great job. It was $320 for the F80 with ceramic tint.
+1 for Skyline
__________________
Mine: 2016 328i / MSport / BSM / Gloss Dual-slat Grilles / V-Style Color-Matched Trunk Spoiler / 35% Tint
Wife's: 2011 128i / JB / 50% Tint / Matte Black Kidney Grilles
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #10
williocom
First Lieutenant
williocom's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: 2017 SO M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller
Quote:
Originally Posted by williocom View Post
I did 30% all around but they also have 40% available.

Here is a photo, granted it is in my garage so it looks a lot darker than it is.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=94
Hey Will,

That looks really great, they do nice work. 30% all around I assume is street legal. Is going to 40% just for side and back glass? Front as well?

Does it effect HUD? If so, is it even still visible if one is wearing polarized sunglasses?

Thanks-
Dean
Hey Dean,

VA legal is 50% in the front and 35% in the back. Nothing is on my front windshield so the HUD is just fine. They suggested 30 all around for the look and it turned out great. From the inside, you can see perfectly out and from the outside it gives the car a great appearance.
__________________
///2017 M3 SO/Blk: DCT / 19" Black Alloys / Executive Pkg. / Lighting Pkg.
2015 BMW i8 Sophisto Grey (RETIRED)
///2015 M3 MW/SO (RETIRED)
///2011 e93 M3 AW/FR (RETIRED)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #11
shortseller
Colonel
shortseller's Avatar
United_States
414
Rep
2,705
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williocom View Post
Hey Dean,

VA legal is 50% in the front and 35% in the back. Nothing is on my front windshield so the HUD is just fine. They suggested 30 all around for the look and it turned out great. From the inside, you can see perfectly out and from the outside it gives the car a great appearance.
Thanks for the information. I suspect I might give them a call next week to see if I can get mine in, though it might be tough as it's a short week and I have family flying in from out of state. I'll ask for Paul and mention you as a satisfied customer. Hey - hope to see you around after the holidays, C&C or even a track day if you're into that, though spring will be better for the latter. Thanks again and have a merry!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #12
williocom
First Lieutenant
williocom's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: 2017 SO M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
Thanks for the information. I suspect I might give them a call next week to see if I can get mine in, though it might be tough as it's a short week and I have family flying in from out of state. I'll ask for Paul and mention you as a satisfied customer. Hey - hope to see you around after the holidays, C&C or even a track day if you're into that, though spring will be better for the latter. Thanks again and have a merry!
Dean, Sounds great. I work right down the street, so when you go I may be able to swing by. I will be around after the holidays, I am game for all the above. We can figure it out. Have a happy holidays and talk to you afterwards.
__________________
///2017 M3 SO/Blk: DCT / 19" Black Alloys / Executive Pkg. / Lighting Pkg.
2015 BMW i8 Sophisto Grey (RETIRED)
///2015 M3 MW/SO (RETIRED)
///2011 e93 M3 AW/FR (RETIRED)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 07:08 PM   #13
SaMaster14
Colonel
SaMaster14's Avatar
United_States
934
Rep
2,641
Posts

Drives: '15 F80 M3 MG/SO
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA / Notre Dame, IN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
Great thread! I'm gonna need this when I get my car haha. Usually do all my tints where my dad gets it done in LA, but I'll be getting my M3 in Baltimore!
__________________
~2015 F80 M3 MINERAL GREY/SAKHIR ORANGE~
2012 E92 335is MINERAL WHITE/CORAL RED[*PAST*]
http://instagram.com/samaster14/
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #14
baarii
Major
baarii's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,119
Posts

Drives: ..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I-66

iTrader: (8)

Sunshine control sterling va

They are working on my car right now.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #15
Dinh335
Major
318
Rep
1,133
Posts

Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

iTrader: (0)

add me to another skyline tint fan...

did a great job yesterday- only took 1.5 hours and Paul said "he does so many BMWS he can do em in his sleep". I concur, great job, very efficient and looks awesome.

got Llumar CTX 40
__________________
2015 Tanzanite Blue M3 /19 silver/exec/SS full leather/hk/cams/6speed_Wife 2017 x5 xdrive 35i
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 04:31 PM   #16
e90_2_f80
Second Lieutenant
e90_2_f80's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North East

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
add me to another skyline tint fan...

did a great job yesterday- only took 1.5 hours and Paul said "he does so many BMWS he can do em in his sleep". I concur, great job, very efficient and looks awesome.

got Llumar CTX 40
How much was it and do you have pics?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #17
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
chillindrdude's Avatar
701
Rep
1,700
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (1)

had mine done a LA Tint in manassas. service was quick and tint well done.

they have locations in manassas and sterling. the sterling one is more well-reviewed and i would goto that one.

i have formula one pinnacle. 35% rears, 50% front.

__________________
My Trackable Street Car
2016 Porsche GT4 -- 981
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST