ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

03-14-2015, 12:53 AM   #1
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2400 Miles F80 M3 ED Experience!!! Lots of Pics!!!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey guys,

Words can't describe how excited I am. The day is finally here.
We leave today (Saturday 3/14/) at 7pm flight to Munich, with a connection in Brussels.
I ordered my car in January 13th and this was the most grueling wait I've ever had to endure. I'm extremely impatient, so this was a major test. This will be my first M car, and hopefully many to come in the future.

My Build is as follows:
2015 Alpine White
Sakhir Orange
Lighting Package
DCT
19" Black Wheels
Executive Package
CF Roof/Trim

Our itinerary (ideal trip) is as follows:
Euro Trip "Tasting Menu":

-We will be visiting several countries since most distances are reletively close from one another.

3/16 - 9:30am Delivery of the car. I will be spending a few hours with couple of friends from there, and later in the afternoon heading to Zurich. 315 km's (3hrs 15mins)
3/17- We will be heading out early in the morning (if time allows first to stelvio pass) Milan, Italy. Plan is to park in the garage and enjoy what the city has to offer. 279km's (3hrs 8mins)
3/18 - Off to Monaco, Monte Carlo where we will stay the night. 301km's (3hrs 11mins)
3/19 - Saint Tropez - 134km's (1hr 41mins) - shortest drive.
Most of the countries above, are no longer than 3 1/2 drive from one country to the next, however, from Saint Tropez to our (my wife's) desired destination, Paris, will be the longest drive. About 8 Hours. I'm trying to be positive and hope the excitement (cloud 9) of driving my new car will take away from the long distance dreadful drive.
3/20 - Off to Paris for the longest drive during this entire trip. 878km's (8hrs).

Biggest dilemma of the trip will be what follows: I have an obligation (family) to visit Antwerp, Belgium, needless to say, it will be a difficult trip considering the car is due for a drop off 3/23. In addition, the drive from Belgium back to Munich (final&drop off destination) is about 6 and a half hours.
With that said, last part of this trip will be planned according to how time we have left before we drop the car off.

I will keep this thread as a Journal and update it daily with pictures/impressions. Prepared with my gopro (hero4silver), canonG15, iphone6, I will be posting tons of pictures. You're welcome to follow me on IG as well __g3nci__ where I will be posting as well.

I can't say enough about this forum how helpful its been from the moment I've decided to order the car. Thanks to all of you that contribute to this forum

Lastly, but certainly not least, I want give MAJOR thanks to BMW of Tenafly, NJ (specifically Victor & Roland) for making this process as easy and as painless as possible. -- Oh, I can't complain about the deal either

Suggestions/recommendations welcomed for any of those city that I will be visiting.

P.s If anyone else here will be doing ED same day/time please let me know.

Regards,

Genc S.

edit:MARCH, 15TH - Arrived in Munich around 1:35 PM. My BMW luggage was damaged but other than that we had a great flight.

Upon arrival we were greeted by YAN KASPER (not sure the correct spelling). He picked us up in a 7series. Very professional and informational driver. He told us about some of the spots that we should see, since our hotel (Regent Hotel) is very close to the "heart" of Munich.
Hotel is nice and clean. Decent, spacious rooms, especially since we paid like $50 a night. No complaints.

Tomorrow at 9:30 will be doing the delivery, so as you guys can imagine I'm super stoked probably won't sleep much.

March 16 - Delivery Date.
What can I say? An amazing feeling, and very anxious about the delivery. The process really makes you feel special and makes it an unforgettable experience.
We were greeted once we entered around 8am (pick up at 9:30), they took our luggages and would later bring them to the car to load into the trunk..unfortunately, my BMW luggage handle on the top part of the luggage was broken off. I don't know how they managed to do that but it happened. They offered me the same luggage at a discounted rate..huh? Was NOT pleased with the way the matter was handled but I did not want to ruin my experience so I kind of brushed it off and they said BMWNA would contact me regarding the matter.

The presenter/host, Alexander was very good to us. Funny & sarcastic but not over done. Very professional.

The stairs: Im sure the ones that have done ED can relate to this incredible feeling walking down those stairs...The anticipation and build up is just unbelievable.
The big moment..car spinning..spot light..me speechless. Im so happy with the options I've ordered, especially since i was two minded about the black wheels.

After the presentation, we took the car and got out as soon as possible so I could enjoy driving the beast.

A friend of mine was meeting us and he was part of the process, but around 1pm we had to drop him off at the Airport, and once we did that we headed to Zurich.

The power of this car is just immense & incredible.

Zurich was a bit dull and especially the people (imo) were very dry and not friendly...and super expensive. Two tall lattes 14 Francs (14euros).

We stayed the night, car was in their lot (20euros) for the night in a underground garage. No complaints there.

From Zurich, we left early in the morning and headed to Milano, Italy, Amazing drive and breathtaking views.
Once we arrived at our hotel, I parked the car in the gated backyard parking area. No garage available, and paid 39euros for the night.

Milano was one of our favorite places. Amazing food, nice sightseeing and plenty of fashion/shopping which made my wife really happy..not so much my wallet

For lunch we went to a small Pizza/Restaurant spot. It was amazing. Brick oven pizza was unreal. After some sightseeing and shopping, we went back to the hotel for a short rest, before heading out to dinner.
We chose to go to Bice near the high end shopping district. Ive had better italian food at a mediocre restaurant in NJ. To add to the disappointment, they charge you for the bread..4 euros..and the waiter brought the second basket without asking for one, but I just thought he was being attentive. Once we get the bill, I see 2 Bread Basket x 4euros... I was floored. Normally I would say something but I did not want to ruin our evening.
From there we went back to the Hotel and picked the car up for a drive around the city and on a hunt for a gelato place. Half an hour later, we saw a huge line and people hanging out with Gelato cones - As you can imagine..it was amazing.

Onto the next one: Monte Carlo, Monaco. 300km drive. Had really high expectations for this place, and I have to say they live up to the hype. One of our favorite places we visited. I wish we could have stayed an additional day or two but everything was booked weeks in advance. We stayed at Novotel Hotel right in the center of the city. Everything was walkable, although we drove a lot in the city.

Our next trip consisted of St.Tropez and then Paris the next day, where I intended to have my break in 1200 mile service done. I called several dealers and and few of them either hung up on me once they heard me speak English, and the rest didn't have any availability. I called my cousin in Belgium (our destination after Paris) and had him call a BMW dealer and schedule an appointment for service. Luckily, the leasing company he works for has a great relationship with Centerauto BMW in Antwerp, Belgium and was able to schedule me an appointment. Unfortunately, we had to alter our trip and couldn't stay overnight in St.Tropez, but were able to make the day trip, and it did not meet our expectations. Lots of places were being renovated and prepped for the summer so not much atmosphere there. We left as soon as we could for a 650Mile trip to Paris. The beginning of this trip was painful since I was a little sleepy, but once I stopped for gas I was good to go.
Arriving in Paris at night was one of best moments. Its incredible. The views and especially the Eiffel Tower was breathtaking. Of course, we went all the way up and have a nice view of Paris.
Around midnight we left for Belgium (341 km // 211 Miles). About a 3 hour drive.

We arrived at my cousins house around 3am.
The next morning, around 10am, took my car for service, and the service manager was super nice and accommodating. It surprised my uncle how excellent the service was. Needless to say, the manager loved my car and gave me
Picked up the car around 4pm and cost me 294euros, which I will be reimbursed for by BMWNA.
I was ready to explore all this car had to offer after the break in service, and wow Albeit I couldn't go past 5500rpms before the service, major difference from what I noticed.

After spending another day in beautiful town of Antwerp, the next morning we went to Amsterdam, (159 km // 100 miles) and spend the entire day there.
Amsterdam is what you expect x10. They have it all. The sightseeing, the smoking, the sex, the shopping etc etc.
The Red Light District was something else. Ill leave it at that. I was with my wife and two lady cousins, so that was sort of weird for all of us haha

Went to a nice little restaurant next to all these "Coffee Shops" where you can get all your high cravings fulfilled. I don't care much for it, but it was cool to see.

Next up: The Nurburgring (270kms // 167 miles)
For the people that have been to this place can relate to my mixed emotions of excitement, anxiousness, anticipation and heart beating 12302918 per minute.

I prepared myself mentally not to overdo it because I did not want to ruin my trip in case anything were to happen. I consider myself a pretty good driver, but not having much experience with the M3 and definitely not familiar with the track, I took it easy. Witnessed a few accidents while on the track so that just affirmed my stance.
It was an incredible feeling driving The Green Hell, and watching some of these "pros" on the track and make some turns at incredible speeds. Just wow

After our lap, which happened to be one of the last laps before closing, we hung around the Nurburg for couple of hours, had something to eat, and headed out on our way to our final destination and drop off in MUNICH.
Unfortunately, lots of construction was going on some major Autobahns, but there was stretches that you could just go nuts and thats exactly what I did.
162mph is the most I did, and if I didn't have my wife screaming and begging me to slow down, I would have pushed it more. Even at that speed this BEAST is just incredible.

I do want to THANK YOU ALL that have contributed to this forum, especially regarding EUROPEAN DELIVERY, as you have been instrumental in planning our trip and made this process much easier.

All in all we concluded our trip with 3850 kms or 2400 miles on the odo. All of that in 9 days.

Enjoy the pics!!!

Stayed tuned for pictures of the car and the rest of the trip.

IG: __g3nci__ (double underscore each side)
Attached Images

Last edited by F80NJM3; 04-08-2015 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: Finished write up
Appreciate 9
      03-14-2015, 01:08 AM   #2
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

WOw! Just blow off the fam and do what you want

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 4
      03-14-2015, 02:35 AM   #3
psuwcc112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4 coupe

Congrats, i just got back from my ED trip last week. It was cold in high 30s, i think the weather is getting much warmer for next few weeks. Enjoy it!

2015 F82 YMB M4 (Feb 28th ED, re-deliveried on Apr 18th) |My 2015 YMB M4 ED Journal
2008 E92 SSII M3 Coupe (Sold) | My long gone 2008 E92 SSII M3
2002 E39 SG 530i (Gone)
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2015, 03:35 AM   #4
m3lover1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 BEV

Have fun!!!
      03-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #5
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06
WOw! Just blow off the fam and do what you want
I agree. Most cities im visiting I have close relatives but won't be visiting anyone really. However, due to the passing of my 8 year old nephew battling leukemia I haven't had the chance to see them at all, so it's a good opportunity to do so.
      03-14-2015, 07:21 AM   #6
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuwcc112
Congrats, i just got back from my ED trip last week. It was cold in high 30s, i think the weather is getting much warmer for next few weeks. Enjoy it!
Thank you sir. I hope it won't be that cold this week. I'm sure you had lots of fun. can't wait!
      03-14-2015, 07:22 AM   #7
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3lover1
Have fun!!!
Thank you!
      03-14-2015, 08:32 AM   #8
m5sdse63
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC CP

Awesome and congrats! Please post plenty of pics as you journey to pick up your beautiful car!

2014 M6
2015 i3
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2015, 08:48 AM   #9
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5sdse63
Awesome and congrats! Please post plenty of pics as you journey to pick up your beautiful car!
I certainly will. Thank you, sir!
      03-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #10
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I arrive on the 16th and take delivery at 0900 on the 17th. I've been checking the weather for the past week and I think we'll be lucky at it seems to be warming up just a little. I would advise careful planning with the Stelvio Pass as I too planned to drive up and found that the roads have been like this lately

Enjoy your trip!
Alpine White F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Vorsteiner VSE-003 /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Executive Package /// HK Sound/// LED Lighting /// Moonroof /// Driver Assistance Plus
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #11
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnitaly
I arrive on the 16th and take delivery at 0900 on the 17th. I've been checking the weather for the past week and I think we'll be lucky at it seems to be warming up just a little. I would advise careful planning with the Stelvio Pass as I too planned to drive up and found that the roads have been like this lately

Enjoy your trip!
Oh, that's so close. Stelvio Pass will be a last minute decision. It depends on the weather and if it looks anything like that picture, we will have to pass haha

Enjoy your ED as well, man. I'm stoked.
      03-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #12
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

And that bag.....to die for lol. Enjoy!!!
      03-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #13
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Sounds like a great trip!

One suggestion: limit your time in Paris with your new car. It's frought with risk, expense and frustration. Don't get me wrong - I love Paris, but a car is a total PITA there.

Break up the long drive to Paris and spend at least one night in Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Visit the Roman theater in Orange and the winery at Chateau Beaucastel.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #14
Zee Dgerman
Lead, follow, or get out of my way
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Audi S3

Personally I would avoid paris with the car. Go to Lyon and Strasbourg instead.
      03-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #15
GarlicBun
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 ///M4 6MT

Congrats!
I will be going for ED in exactly a month later!
Give me some tip while you stay in Milan and Paris, i am going to these 2 places too!!

Have fun and have a safe trip!
Status Gruppe | Enlaes | Vosteiner | M-Performance | IND | AC Schnitzer | Autotechnik
2012 Mini Cooper S Hardtop Laser Blue/black - Ours
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 01:28 PM   #16
BD SM3RF
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Enjoy. Looks like a lot of driving I cannot wait for my July ED Trip. Talk about grueling waits I've been planning this trip since the F80 was announced and still have 112 days to go!
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #17
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee Dgerman View Post
Agreed - you can park your car at the hilton at the CDG airport and take their shuttle to the train station - really easy, and a very nice ramp.

I'd do the same thing for monaco - you can park at the hyatt ramp in nice and take the train to Monaco.

Just my 2 cents but then I did a similar trip to yours (in 2 weeks instead of 1!) and we hit Lugano first which burned us to all terrifying driving. We also hit downtown Milan at rush hour which actually wasn't too bad, but one city was enough. We figured an accident would really ruin the trip and inter-city driving ups the odds pretty big.

Looks like a great trip - have a blast!!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #18
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M
And that bag.....to die for lol. Enjoy!!!
Haha thanks- I love it. It will match the CF roof
      03-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #19
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles
Sounds like a great trip!

One suggestion: limit your time in Paris with your new car. It's frought with risk, expense and frustration. Don't get me wrong - I love Paris, but a car is a total PITA there.

Break up the long drive to Paris and spend at least one night in Chteauneuf-du-Pape. Visit the Roman theater in Orange and the winery at Chateau Beaucastel.
Tell this to my wife. I will try and keep the city driving to minimum. Plan is to park in the garage once at the hotel and explore the city with alternative transportation. Thanks for the suggestion!
      03-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #20
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecleland
Enjoy. Looks like a lot of driving I cannot wait for my July ED Trip. Talk about grueling waits I've been planning this trip since the F80 was announced and still have 112 days to go!
112 days to go?????? God bless you and your patience.. Two months wait for me and I was ready to give up. These forums kept me going.
      03-14-2015, 01:54 PM   #21
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee Dgerman View Post
Agreed - you can park your car at the hilton at the CDG airport and take their shuttle to the train station - really easy, and a very nice ramp.

I'd do the same thing for monaco - you can park at the hyatt ramp in nice and take the train to Monaco.

Just my 2 cents but then I did a similar trip to yours (in 2 weeks instead of 1!) and we hit Lugano first which burned us to all terrifying driving. We also hit downtown Milan at rush hour which actually wasn't too bad, but one city was enough. We figured an accident would really ruin the trip and inter-city driving ups the odds pretty big.

Looks like a great trip - have a blast!!
Thanks for the suggestions! As I mentioned in previous posts, I will limit the inner-city driving as much as possible. Will be driving lots of miles, so let's thing I want is city madness, although growing up in NYC/NJ I'm sure I will adjust easily.

Thanks
      03-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #22
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicBun
Congrats!
I will be going for ED in exactly a month later!
Give me some tip while you stay in Milan and Paris, i am going to these 2 places too!!

Have fun and have a safe trip!
Thanks. Will certainly do. I'm sure you can't wait. Enjoy brother!