BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #45
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
1367
Rep
9,065
Posts

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Because that info has not been released/announced.

But it's clear from the photos alone what will/will not change cosmetically.
Any idea when we can expect that information?

Thank you
__________________
Eibach Pro kit|Bilstein Sport Shocks|M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3|OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|M3 Mirrors with Performance CF caps|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance Diffuser|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:35 PM   #46
skier
Lieutenant
skier's Avatar
24
Rep
569
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 35is
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
just looked again. same exact shape
On the close up pic, last in the opening post, the quarter panel seem to have a different shape. Could be a different angle though.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #47
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
1367
Rep
9,065
Posts

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier View Post
On the close up pic, last in the opening post, the quarter panel seem to have a different shape. Could be a different angle though.
yeah the two there are from different angles.

They are identical IMO, from this angle

__________________
Eibach Pro kit|Bilstein Sport Shocks|M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3|OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|M3 Mirrors with Performance CF caps|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance Diffuser|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #48
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
4489
Rep
13,394
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
2006 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier View Post
Look again - new and old tail lights have different shapes.
__________________
2015 F82 M4
Silverstone / Silverstone / DCT / EDC
MPE / CF Diffuser / CF Mirror caps / CF spoiler / GC Camber plates / Eibach springs
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #49
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
4489
Rep
13,394
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
2006 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBean View Post
From an engineering standpoint, I HIGHLY doubt it. That would mean designing, testing, and producting new multimillion dollar stamping dies for the bodywork, which people would barely notice.
But they did exactly that on the E90

Not the case here though...
__________________
2015 F82 M4
Silverstone / Silverstone / DCT / EDC
MPE / CF Diffuser / CF Mirror caps / CF spoiler / GC Camber plates / Eibach springs
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #50
MFNATIK
Colonel
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
791
Rep
2,749
Posts

Drives: 17 F80 ZCP, 17 i3Rex, 05 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post







I love how this picture turned YMB into Estoril and Long Beach Blue (at least on my 27" iMac) hahaha
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:47 PM   #51
///Mac
Second Lieutenant
///Mac's Avatar
19
Rep
240
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstM3 View Post
Nobody needs this car, all of us who have it want it! You waited a year, now one more for the Comp package, the extra 20hp or so? Please help us understand your reasoning :
Oh, really? Nobody needs this car? Have you surveyed everybody?

Some people need this car and they can't wait. Their needs are such that only a luxury GT sedan will suffice and they are dead set on the M3. For example, one of my friends needed a luxury GT sedan with balls after he had a kid. And you couldmt talk him out of the new M3. He couldn't wait for the competition package. Those were his circumstances.

As far as reasoning behind the competition package, it's actually very simple. The competition package in each generation of the M3 offered something that I liked. Something that was unavailable on the standard version.

For example, the e46 ZCP had a vastly improved steering ratio. This alone was worth buying a ZCP to me. I also loved the wheels. Everything else in that ZCP package I could live without.

On the e90 ZCP, the car was slightly lower. Just the right amount.

Now, you could argue all day long that you could retrofit all these upgrades. And that's true. But not everyone wants to retrofit stuff. Some people prefer it ready from the factory. Point is, you can give me a million reasons not to wait for the competition package. And I could give you a million reasons why it's worth the wait for me.

Plus, I'm still very much enjoying my e46 M3 daily. The longer I can delay the purchase of an F80 M3, the better I feel
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #52
solstice
Major General
1059
Rep
5,256
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Yes but the LED tail lights are saline-powered from the tears of 2015 buyers.
Made me laugh, thanks GG
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #53
Sassicaia
Lieutenant Colonel
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
1000
Rep
1,539
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I need a 2016 because Im taking a 2016 ED next spring, so 2015 was never a consideration for me. I need a new car, and I want an M3. I guess you can count me in as both someone who needs and wants one

Its funny but some people are acting like fans of a sport team as if their 2015 M3 team is a rival against the 2016 M3. The jabbing at future 2016 owners is apt to high school banter.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #54
gthal
Major General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
1268
Rep
5,642
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

BMW... Why chrome accents inside? WHY? WHY?

Chrome has no place in a sporty car unless it is made by Mercedes IMO. I'm crying a bit inside.
__________________
2016 M2 | Long Beach Blue | 6MT - current
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package

Last edited by gthal; 05-07-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #55
vstM3
First Lieutenant
vstM3's Avatar
51
Rep
391
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA---Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstM3 View Post
Nobody needs this car, all of us who have it want it! You waited a year, now one more for the Comp package, the extra 20hp or so? Please help us understand your reasoning :
Oh, really? Nobody needs this car? Have you surveyed everybody?

Some people need this car and they can't wait. Their needs are such that only a luxury GT sedan will suffice and they are dead set on the M3. For example, one of my friends needed a luxury GT sedan with balls after he had a kid. And you couldmt talk him out of the new M3. He couldn't wait for the competition package. Those were his circumstances.

As far as reasoning behind the competition package, it's actually very simple. The competition package in each generation of the M3 offered something that I liked. Something that was unavailable on the standard version.

For example, the e46 ZCP had a vastly improved steering ratio. This alone was worth buying a ZCP to me. I also loved the wheels. Everything else in that ZCP package I could live without.

On the e90 ZCP, the car was slightly lower. Just the right amount.

Now, you could argue all day long that you could retrofit all these upgrades. And that's true. But not everyone wants to retrofit stuff. Some people prefer it ready from the factory. Point is, you can give me a million reasons not to wait for the competition package. And I could give you a million reasons why it's worth the wait for me.

Plus, I'm still very much enjoying my e46 M3 daily. The longer I can delay the purchase of an F80 M3, the better I feel
I haven't surveyed everybody but i think you misunderstood what i said and perhaps look up want vs need.
__________________
Current: 2015 BMW F80 M3
Retired: 2012 BMW 335is
Other: 2014 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #56
TeKiZeRo
First Lieutenant
72
Rep
318
Posts

Drives: '15 M3, '13 GT-R, '14 MP4-12C
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (3)

Not going to trade in, but I'll take those tails though .
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #57
Bluex
Useful Idiot
Bluex's Avatar
United_States
847
Rep
1,772
Posts

Drives: My wife and kids insane.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Chester, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Its funny but some people are acting like fans of a sport team as if their 2015 M3 team is a rival against the 2016 M3. The jabbing at future 2016 owners is apt to high school banter.
__________________
2015 M3 Sakhir Orange ED Pickup 5/13/15

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #58
SakhirM4
Major General
SakhirM4's Avatar
United_States
4200
Rep
6,317
Posts

Drives: '15 SO M4/'01 Dinan Z3 3.0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
yeah the two there are from different angles.

They are identical IMO, from this angle

Those are the same computer generated picture with the taillights changed. Not a real car.
__________________
President, Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915 www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 2
      05-07-2015, 01:06 PM   #59
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
1367
Rep
9,065
Posts

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
yeah the two there are from different angles.

They are identical IMO, from this angle

[img]http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...5&d=1431011002[/img]
Those are the same computer generated picture with the taillights changed. Not a real car.
I understand that. Was just pointing out to the other member who said they were different shapes.

The tail lights are the exact same from the exact same image.
__________________
Eibach Pro kit|Bilstein Sport Shocks|M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3|OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|M3 Mirrors with Performance CF caps|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance Diffuser|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #60
48Laws
Lieutenant Colonel
292
Rep
1,524
Posts

Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Jesus christ... what does updated idrive mean?
Font change. Bwhahahaha
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #61
vstM3
First Lieutenant
vstM3's Avatar
51
Rep
391
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA---Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Jesus christ... what does updated idrive mean?
Font change. Bwhahahaha
:
__________________
Current: 2015 BMW F80 M3
Retired: 2012 BMW 335is
Other: 2014 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #62
Revcrazy
Banned
43
Rep
450
Posts

Drives: M3 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Driver's seat

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8600RPM View Post
Even if competition package was added it wasn't worth a wait, let alone this. So now people wsit another year in hopes of competition package? Had I waited two years thst would be nuts.

I think I prefer the 2015 lights to these.
Agree. To those that waited, not worth it. The new tails actually dont look as good. I would need to see in person, but seems quite minor overall.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #63
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
1367
Rep
9,065
Posts

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy View Post
Agree. To those that waited, not worth it. The new tails actually dont look as good. I would need to see in person, but seems quite minor overall.
While I agree,

I do think that after a few years I would prefer them just because my brain associates them with being "newer"

But the change is nothing like the E90. That had atrocious looking pre lci lights, then beautiful lci lights. The F30 came right out of the gate with lights just as nice or nicer than the E90 lci.
__________________
Eibach Pro kit|Bilstein Sport Shocks|M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3|OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|M3 Mirrors with Performance CF caps|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance Diffuser|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #64
solstice
Major General
1059
Rep
5,256
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
BMW... Why chrome accents inside? WHY? WHY?

Chrome has no place in a sporty car unless it is made by Mercedes IMO. I'm crying a bit inside.
100% agree. I like the interior well enough in our Cayenne but the chrome accents make me cringe, who is it that want chrome inside the car!?!? Why do car manufacturers think this is desirable in any shape or form? And in an M3? Crazy.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #65
rhk118
Poop
rhk118's Avatar
United_States
182
Rep
628
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Maineiac

iTrader: (0)

Am I the only one who thinks the new LED taillights look worse than the "old" 2015 lights? Not a fan based on these pics...will have to see in person I guess...
Appreciate 3
      05-07-2015, 01:48 PM   #66
solstice
Major General
1059
Rep
5,256
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the new LED taillights look worse than the "old" 2015 lights? Not a fan based on these pics...will have to see in person I guess...
Blades vs. flames ( Bangle trademark ). A draw for me.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST