HRE Wheels
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
Sin_City_Mike
Livin the Dream!
Sin_City_Mike's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vegas Baby!

iTrader: (0)

2016 M4 GTS Showing in U.S. Dealership Ordering System

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just stumbled across the 2016 BMW M4 GTS in BMW's ordering system... as of now showing up as week 9 next year.

It does not show what options nor colors nor pricing at this time.

Past info on the M4 GTS: http://www.bimmerpost.com/?s=m4+gts

Name:  m4gts.jpg
Views: 26847
Size:  89.8 KB
Appreciate 17
      05-18-2015, 03:51 PM   #2
Jackie Chiles
Private First Class
75
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: VW SW TDI
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upstate

iTrader: (0)

Great info. Thanks!

North or south of $100k?
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
RocketBoots
Lieutenant Colonel
RocketBoots's Avatar
United_States
686
Rep
1,558
Posts

Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Can you order me one please? Pretty please??
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #4
BlackJetE90
Brigadier General
371
Rep
3,740
Posts

Drives: E90 no longer
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: is everything

iTrader: (0)

Available in US?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
Sin_City_Mike
Livin the Dream!
Sin_City_Mike's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vegas Baby!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Available in US?
It's in my U.S. ordering system
Appreciate 4
      05-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #6
Wah
Red Hot Riplet
Wah's Avatar
United_States
1418
Rep
4,357
Posts

Drives: '15 F82 M4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (2)

Interesting....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 04:19 PM   #7
Alex@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Alex@AUTOcouture's Avatar
565
Rep
5,676
Posts


Drives: M4 Signal Green
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 BMW M3  [3.83]
2011 bmw/ m3  [0.00]
it will be north of 100k easily and confirmed for the U.S
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2015, 04:53 PM   #8
///Mac
Second Lieutenant
///Mac's Avatar
13
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (1)

This means it will be available in the US! Can't wait!

I think that even at or slightly above $100k, this car is worth getting. I presume the M4 GTS will be on par with the 991 GT3, which costs considerably more.

Of course I'm assuming the M4 GTS will cost $20-30k less than a GT3. Otherwise, it's a moot point. At a similar price range, I would take the GT3 over the M4 GTS all day long.
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2015, 05:13 PM   #9
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
hemi to e90's Avatar
Poland
104
Rep
1,752
Posts

Drives: 10 335i 14 750li
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: nyc

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
This means it will be available in the US! Can't wait!

I think that even at or slightly above $100k, this car is worth getting. I presume the M4 GTS will be on par with the 991 GT3, which costs considerably more.

Of course I'm assuming the M4 GTS will cost $20-30k less than a GT3. Otherwise, it's a moot point. At a similar price range, I would take the GT3 over the M4 GTS all day long.
i mean

your assumption is wrong. one is a purpose built series production sports car and the other is an extreme version of a road (luxury sporty sedan) car.

its also going to be notably less expensive at 100k, so its much the same as the pervious c63 black series rather than a 911 gt3.

that being said I'm very interested to see what it'll be like, pricing included.
__________________
Appreciate 3
      05-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #10
04RC51
Large Member
04RC51's Avatar
661
Rep
1,840
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Definitely interested. Already told my CA I wanted first available at my dealer so I have first right of refusal if I don't like the price.
__________________
2008 E92 M3 (Engine swap completed), 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 05:34 PM   #11
///Mac
Second Lieutenant
///Mac's Avatar
13
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
i mean

your assumption is wrong. one is a purpose built series production sports car and the other is an extreme version of a road (luxury sporty sedan) car.

its also going to be notably less expensive at 100k, so its much the same as the pervious c63 black series rather than a 911 gt3.

that being said I'm very interested to see what it'll be like, pricing included.
Both are 2 door coupes built to haul ass on the street and at the track. Both will presumably have a similar power output and price. Both are German-made and with similar refinement.

Can't get any more similar than that.

Wasn't the previous M3 GTS around $150k?
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2015, 05:44 PM   #12
Never Convicted
Major
United_States
746
Rep
1,442
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (0)

Put me down for one, but only if it has comfort access and rear sunshade.
Appreciate 10
      05-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #13
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
hemi to e90's Avatar
Poland
104
Rep
1,752
Posts

Drives: 10 335i 14 750li
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: nyc

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
Both are 2 door coupes built to haul ass on the street and at the track. Both will presumably have a similar power output and price. Both are German-made and with similar refinement.

Can't get any more similar than that.

Wasn't the previous M3 GTS around $150k?
wasn't in the US

all of which you said is perfectly applicable to the C63 Black Series. I do not understand the aversion towards that comparison. the 991 gt3 comparison will leave you dissatisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Put me down for one, but only if it has comfort access and rear sunshade.
i appreciate this.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #14
ilikebmxbikes
Brigadier General
ilikebmxbikes's Avatar
507
Rep
4,285
Posts

Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (41)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
Both are 2 door coupes built to haul ass on the street and at the track. Both will presumably have a similar power output and price. Both are German-made and with similar refinement.

Can't get any more similar than that.

Wasn't the previous M3 GTS around $150k?
They are actually still quite different. The rear engine, rear wheel steering, 9K NA Redline, weight, among other upgrades make the gt3 a much more focused car. Thats no discredit to the m4 gts, which will hopefully be priced around 100k - for if it does get into GT3 pricing, I would take the porsche.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #15
///Mac
Second Lieutenant
///Mac's Avatar
13
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
wasn't in the US

all of which you said is perfectly applicable to the C63 Black Series. I do not understand the aversion towards that comparison. the 991 gt3 comparison will leave you dissatisfied.



i appreciate this.
I never said it was in the U.S. But the cost was equivalent to US $150k.

Also, the C63 black series weighs nearly 4,000 lbs. that's hardly a better comparison.

The M3 GTS will obviously be a lot closer in weight to the GT3 (~3,150 lbs) than the C63 black series.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 05:56 PM   #16
solstice
Brigadier General
760
Rep
4,757
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

M3 GTS was 115k Euro msrp. The M4 is 72k Euro and $62k.
So if we assume a similar spread with the M4 being already about $10k more than the M3 we get to 125k euro and $115k. I think that's a reasonable guess.

And it I think it will be fast, very fast. I also guess, limited run, sold out before the first hit the street but hope I'm wrong in that since I think the market can easily carry steady production for a few years if it's as fast as I suspect.
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2015, 06:07 PM   #17
///Mac
Second Lieutenant
///Mac's Avatar
13
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
M3 GTS was 115k Euro msrp. The M4 is 72k Euro and $62k.
So if we assume a similar spread with the M4 being already about $10k more than the M3 we get to 125k euro and $115k. I think that's a reasonable guess.

And it I think it will be fast, very fast. I also guess, limited run, sold out before the first hit the street but hope I'm wrong in that since I think the market can easily carry steady production for a few years if it's as fast as I suspect.
M3 GTS went on sale in late 2010 or early 2011 I believe. At that time 115k was about $150k US.

Also, 125k today is $141k US.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #18
solstice
Brigadier General
760
Rep
4,757
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
M3 GTS went on sale in late 2010 or early 2011 I believe. At that time 115k was about $150k US.

Also, 125k today is $141k US.
You need to account for that BMWs are cheaper here than in Europe. You can't currency convert to get an idea of what it will cost here if available. An M4 is 72k Euro and $62k. It only make sense to currency convert if you intend to import but then you need to add so much more fees.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 06:46 PM   #19
Zeroblade
Explodes on impact
Zeroblade's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
341
Posts

Drives: 2006 Mazda3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Behind the wheel

iTrader: (0)

Street legal race car in US? Not bad. O.o


Better hope the Feds don't ban something about the car (power reduction, etc, etc.)
__________________
Yea... yea I got an M(azda)3.... <.<

*work in progress*
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #20
C5driver
Major
C5driver's Avatar
3291
Rep
1,206
Posts

Drives: 55...just kidding.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: 33.6167 N, 117.8975 W

iTrader: (0)

Looks like I'll be seeing it at Pebble this August
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 06:51 PM   #21
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
1298
Rep
15,686
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I also guess, limited run, sold out before the first hit the street but hope I'm wrong in that since I think the market can easily carry steady production for a few years if it's as fast as I suspect.
I think you will indeed be wrong there. With U.S. sales in the picture, volume will likely be much higher than the last GTS. I'll bet there are enough to meet demand, which won't be a lot - maybe 600 or so over a couple years on this side of the pond.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #22
Alumac
First Lieutenant
33
Rep
361
Posts

Drives: prudently
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
I never said it was in the U.S. But the cost was equivalent to US $150k.

Also, the C63 black series weighs nearly 4,000 lbs. that's hardly a better comparison.

The M3 GTS will obviously be a lot closer in weight to the GT3 (~3,150 lbs) than the C63 black series.
The Porsche is on a completely different level than any BMW. It's not weight. It's not power. It is the overall car. If you don't see the difference, I am sorry, but most do.

Funny you discredit comparing a BMW to a Black series Mercedes, yet insist on the comparison of a BMW to Porsche.
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 AM.




f80post
f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST