European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

11-15-2015, 01:49 AM   #1
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep
Drives: German cars

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Individual Ferrari Red F80 European Delivery 2015

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Name:  IMG_4902.png
Views: 37032
Size:  797.2 KB

This is the beginning of a story. The story of two people, Tim (FMLYSDN) and Caroline (INDVDL///M) and their passion for cars. Specifically, BMWS. Their shared passion for this one brand, brought them together and took them on an adventure.

So let the introductions begin.

In 2013, I (FMLYSDN) posted an ad in the local Kijiji for the sale of my 2008 E90 M3. The car for sale had been my first foray into the world of M cars. A number of years previous I had been searching for a family car. Something that was, in a way a present for myself. For what I had perceived at the time was an achievement in my life. A milestone in my career you could say.

I can remember the day when I first saw it. This car was originally from Eastern Canada. The hood had been repainted from all the stone chips, a slightly discoloured rear bumper from a small collision repair and she sat parked in a second rate dealership located in Calgary, Alberta.

It didn’t matter though. I was blinded. Love is blindness.

I sat in the driver’s seat and gripped the steering wheel. The smell of the leather. The hugging of the seat. And there it was.

The bulge. The bright, beautiful Melbourne Red bulge.

Name:  420.png
Views: 38535
Size:  3.29 MB

I was smitten. I was in heaven. I was in love. I made the decision at that moment that this was the right car for me. I spent the following 16 months loving every minute of the affair with this red mistress. But like all good things, they must come to an end. Some life circumstances necessitated a change and to my dismay, I made the difficult decision to sell my beloved Melbourne Red E90 M3. As difficult as the decision was, it ultimately was the best decision I could have made. For if it wasn’t for this decision, I wouldn’t have been able to have met my soulmate, Caroline.

Caroline contacted me through email concerning the M3. I was surprised to hear from an interested party as I had listed it fairly late in the year. I was making a half-hearted attempt of selling the car and thusly, there it was being listed in September of 2013. I was even more surprised that a good looking woman, was in the market for a pretty red car. At the time I was intrigued. When we first spoke on the phone after the PPI was completed, I was curious by the fact that here was a woman who had only owned BMW’s. From a number of E30’s, a rusted out ’76 2002 (aka the White Turd) and an E46 wagon. We came to an agreement on price and I even offered to deliver the car from Calgary to Edmonton.

The day I delivered the car I took the opportunity to say good bye which included a final wash and photo op. I wanted to ensure the car looked its best when it was delivered to its new owner and finally snap a few last photos to remember the day I would say goodbye to my beloved red mistress.

When I met Caroline in the parking lot near the bank, she rolled up in a green E30 complete with pin stripes, Alpina’s and a trunk full of parts. This ultimately was going to be her tire transport as I had also brought her the Style 219’s mounted with winter rubber. We chatted briefly before she decided to look over the car. She seemed happy with it and mentioned that her friend was coming to look at the car for a second opinion. Soon after, a bright orange 2002 tii rolled up with a retired BMW mechanic at the wheel. This girl meant business! I wasn’t sure if the sale was going to go through but I was reassured it was a sale when the older gentleman drove into two curbs on our test ride with me sitting shotgun and our female passenger in the back. “The car was tight” he proclaimed to Caroline. So tight in fact that the rear wheel suffered the impact of two concrete curbs. Guess what? You bought the car!

After we completed our financials, Caroline was gracious enough to taxi me to my other car in storage, which would be used for my return trip to Calgary. Enroute to my destination, we struck up a conversation and carried on until we arrived.

We said our goodbyes and off they went. The red mistress and Caroline were gone.

Then regret set in. The car was gone, but so was the girl. My mind raced and I began to think about what had transpired. I waited. Tried to keep my mind busy. And then it happened.

The texting began some 3 or 4 hours later. I texted Caroline to see how she was enjoying the car. Did I even have to ask? Of course she was enjoying it. She had already burned a tank of gas! I told her I loved the 3rd gear pulls, and she concurred. I was in love. It wasn’t the car this time. It was the girl. A few texts back and forth and then I did the unthinkable. I asked her out for a drink. What was I doing here? I just sold my car to a woman off the internet and I was now attempting to meet her for a drink? What was I thinking? Love is blindness.

We met later that night at a local whiskey bar and began to chat about everything from our childhoods, to our previous relationships to the cars we loved. A couple of hours passed and soon it was over. She left in the red mistress, only to leave me longing for more. Caroline was now THAT girl in the red car.

She would be mine. Oh yes. She would be mine. (Wayne's World Quote)

Soon after our first meeting, we began to text each other frequently each day. Anything from our passion for cars to whatever may be happening during our day. And so the courtship began. A long distance one which involved a series of additional cars. Winter cars I would claim, or so I thought. Or at least told myself. It was merely a justification to myself to fill a hole left from selling the red car, however it just so happen to coincide with the changing of the season. It didn’t matter though. It helped fill the void for a little while.

My first purchase along the way was a US import, Titanium Silver E39 M5. Pretty beat up in the sense that the owner didn’t take the time to clean it for my showing and had really only replaced the clutch during his 4 year ownership. I sure know how to pick them! But I had to have it. It was the worst time of year with nothing on the market and I needed a car. What an impulse buy. But I needed it for her. Caroline. It was part of the courting. Like a peacock with his chest puffed out and his tail spread out for all to see. In this case it was a slightly worn out sedan with a Check Engine light illuminated for all to see! I bought the car and soon after dropped 6 grand to get most of the mechanical issues sorted. Despite the initial warts, the car was fun. I really enjoyed the engine. It was a highlight of the driving experience. I had always been a fan of the E39 M5’s since they came out. At the time they were the epitome of high powered sedans. A timeless silhouette with a gem for a power plant.

Name:  IMG_1066.png
Views: 35034
Size:  337.7 KBName:  IMG_1069.png
Views: 34892
Size:  340.1 KBName:  IMG_1072.png
Views: 34474
Size:  353.4 KB

The love affair with ‘Titanium’ was short lived as a chance to own an Individual M5 came up 5 weeks later. You see, as part of our passion for cars, we constantly viewed cars for sale on Kijiji (A type of Craigslist to those of you who are wondering). And of course I stumbled upon this beautiful Sepia Violet coloured E39 M5. The car had low kilometers and was local. All the service history was included with this pristine example that had been originally ordered in Edmonton. A short visit with the seller and a subsequent test drive meant that I was rushing to the bank to give this guy his asking price. How could I pass up a chance to own this car? Further researched showed that this car colour was of only 1 of 4 in NA, and quite foreseeably the only one in Canada. What a find. Of course I didn’t think about the ramifications of purchasing this car. Now I was left with two E39 M5’s. What a poor soul……By chance I found a buyer for ‘Titanium’ and had the transaction completed by Christmas Eve of 2013.

Name:  image-7.png
Views: 35348
Size:  2.55 MB

It was on to bigger and better things with ‘Sepia’ (Caroline and I have a tendency to call our cars by their first name or color, however the F80 doesn’t subsequently get called none other than ‘the F80’. Her Uncle did in fact refer to the ‘F80’ as ‘The Red Devil’ so we will see if that sticks). I drove ‘Sepia’ for the winter and on through to the next spring, however as much as I loved the E39 platform, there was this niggling feeling that I missed that V8 roar and feel from the S65 engine. After much deliberation I listed ‘Sepia’ and began looking for another E90 M3. Sepia sold some time later to a BMW enthusiast who was ‘downgrading’ from a regular E60? That was the impression I got from the look on his wife’s face when he first showed her the car. The new buyer was like a child opening a shiny toy car at Christmas. The look in his eye told me that I knew the car was going to a good home and that he would truly enjoy this fine piece of German engineering.

Name:  image-3.png
Views: 32948
Size:  637.5 KBName:  image-5.png
Views: 32500
Size:  720.8 KBName:  image.png
Views: 33180
Size:  911.1 KBName:  image-2.png
Views: 32203
Size:  886.1 KB

Caroline explains shortly how I came to have my current car......

In spring of 2013 I (Caroline) made a decision that I had been toying with since graduating from university in 2005. I left the private sector of engineering for a government job. Along with a completely different pace of work it was a bit of a step backwards financially, but afforded me to focus a bit more on finding the happiness in my life that got lost in the world of my career. I found myself working in an organization full of happy people and shortly thereafter I too was less stressed, and enjoying my new work-life balance, which included a shorter work day and more time off. Three short months later I had already moved to a new position on my way to securing a position that was similar financially and in seniority to what I had left.

I was driving the green machine, 3er. A 1991 325i E 30 coupe. It was one of a few E30’s that had come and gone from my life. To date, it is the last one. It was a blast, but alas it was an automatic. The previous ones had been 5 speeds. I learnt how to drive for the most part on a 5 speed E30, so they were a nostalgic car for me and always have, and likely always will hold a very special place in my heart, perhaps for that matter. I looked quite regularly across Canada for another good example of an original, non-bastardized E30 coupe, with decent mileage, and no rust. They are not that easy to come by.

One day for shits and giggles I started to look for M3’s. Any M3’s really, of course a holy grail E30 M3 would have been ideal, but I came across a shiny red E90 sedan on Kijiji that peaked my interest. I inquired with the owner, my standard list of questions why are you selling it, how many owners, highway or city mileage, etc. The owner promptly responded, and provided me with a healthy understanding of the cars history and I pondered the car overnight before I organized a pre-purchase inspection. The car turned out to be what I had expected, but who am I kidding, what really did I expect? I had never owned an M car before, and just offered a complete stranger the most money I had ever paid for a car, with the car sight unseen. But my life was full of new challenges, in that search for happiness.

When Tim delivered the car, it was more than I had expected. Although the E30’s were an absolute blast to drive, this M3 blew all of those experiences right out of the water. The sound, the pull, the speed. What more could I possibly want? I was now that Girl. The girl with the red M3. The timing was impeccable though really, I had just found myself getting out of relationship.

What I didn’t expect to get with the car, was a best friend. I found myself in the following weeks and months, spending more time texting, on the phone, with Tim. Since the weekend when he dropped the car off, even though, we lived in separate cities, we would spend every weekend together. It was the start of not only my love affair with the M3 but also with the most important person in my life.

So when 7 weeks later, and we had our first snow, and I made a fatal left turn, my M3 world came crashing to a halt, and the red M3 saw its last day on the road. The aftermath was $36K of suspension damage to the front end including some structural damage, enough for my insurance company to write it off. I was crushed. The car that was effectively my freedom, in a sense, is gone.

Name:  1149.png
Views: 36304
Size:  2.41 MB

The search for that same red M3, wasn’t going to be easy. There were only 212 for the Canada/USA market E90 M3 Sedans in Melbourne Red. I wanted exactly that car, and would only compromise on interior trim and upgrade to carbon leather. I even pondered bringing a car from the USA, but the financial impact of that wasn’t feasible. Pretty much looking for a needle in a hay stack.

So after looking for two months, high and low, I settled on another color. Call it desperation. But I purchased another car, all the way from the other side of the country. Again, sight unseen, but with 2 PPI’s. My 2008 E90 M3 in Interlagos Blue arrived in February 2014, on pretty much the coldest day of winter, on the back of a car carrier, the dirtiest she could possibly be.

Name:  2342.png
Views: 32613
Size:  859.3 KBName:  2346.png
Views: 32300
Size:  896.2 KB

To my dismay, two weeks later, a local 2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red sedan was listed on Kijiji. And so the regret of the Interlagos Blue M3 purchase started. By this time Tim had relocated to Edmonton and we naturally went to see this car. I listed the Interlagos Blue M3. And so the saga started of acquiring the second Melbourne Red (MR2 as we call it now). I didn’t really want to have two M3s similar to Tim having two M5s. So it took practically 4 months to bring her to us and to close the deal. Well to Tim really. As I still wasn’t able to offload Interlagos.

Name:  2416.png
Views: 31518
Size:  736.0 KBName:  2497.png
Views: 31309
Size:  959.7 KB

Fast forward to spring 2015. We were both driving our M3s over the winter and longing for some facelift components. Between the two of us, some major parts orders were placed with one of our local BMW dealerships. It was during that time that I started to spend more and more time looking at the Bimmerpost for ideas on how to try to make Interlagos the car I wanted and felt I needed it to be. That’s why one day when I told Tim I wanted to buy an F80, he was, well let’s just say a bit puzzled as to why I would all of a sudden abort mission and jump ship.

I was originally critical of the F80, when it came out the previous spring at the Edmonton Motor Show we went and saw it. Critiqued it for about an hour. I am sure that the booth staff were wondering why we spent so much time with it. The recessed hood emblem and hood line to name a few. And of course everyone said they sounded like sewing machines. What was I thinking? But I needed a change.

On April 24, 2015, when we were picking up the last of our parts loot, I made an appointment with a local salesman after giving him my specifications for my new Individual F80 M3. He flat out told me, no. BMW Canada says it cannot be done. I was pissed. To the point where I contacted a local fellow who owned a Frozen Black E90 M3 sedan that was for sale the previous summer. My question to him was: Who did you work with to get this rare car?

And so, only three hours later, Andy Middleton at Calgary BMW confirmed for me, that for the most part, the car I wanted could be ordered. It took a few more weeks to sort out all of the details on options, colours, materials, etc. But by June the car was ordered, MY2016. And to add to the fun, Tim and I figured this was pretty much a once in a lifetime purchase worthy of taking European Delivery on. Our date of ED was set for October 16, 9:40 at the BMW Welt.

In the mean time I sorted out the finances and decided, that my love-hate relationship with Interlagos Blue would come to an end. I traded it in.

The car I ordered was a 2016 F80 M3, Ferrari Red, with Fire Red stitching on black leather, Executive and Premium Packages, carbon fiber roof, M Adaptive Suspension, 6 Speed Manual. A fair compromise to the Melbourne Red that brought me to the world of M cars.

Name:  P90078756.png
Views: 32342
Size:  1.84 MB

I ordered the car with a number of dealer level options, M Performance wheel, M Performance exhaust, M performance rear diffuser, M Performance front splitter, M Performance side gills and M Performance black kidneys. So there will be another post when the car lands in Calgary and has the extra goodies installed.

Our European Delivery Adventure Begins!

October 14
Edmonton flight with Icelandair to Munich

October 15
Accommodations in Munich at the ALoft hotel in downtown across from the train station. It was as expected from a chain hotel. We really just wanted a place to crash and be relatively rested for our highly anticipated ED the following day.

October 16
BMW Welt during the day, for our ED including a visit to the BMW Museum and a factory tour. We met up with fellow forum member David (dchen2) *who took ED on his Mineral Gray F80 M3. After all that excitement we then drove from Munich to our accommodations in Konstanz at the Bora HotSpaResort, excellent dinner at the hotel restaurant
http://www.bora-hotsparesort.de/en/

Name:  1214.png
Views: 31096
Size:  211.9 KBName:  1.png
Views: 32885
Size:  783.2 KBName:  1216.png
Views: 30865
Size:  459.5 KB

Name:  1217.png
Views: 31053
Size:  1.05 MBName:  1220.png
Views: 30984
Size:  1.23 MB

Name:  IMG_9673.png
Views: 30625
Size:  632.1 KBName:  IMG_9907[1].png
Views: 30689
Size:  640.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4339.png
Views: 30733
Size:  690.6 KBName:  IMG_4917.png
Views: 30464
Size:  663.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4918.png
Views: 30537
Size:  739.1 KBName:  IMG_4920.png
Views: 30187
Size:  704.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4922.png
Views: 30099
Size:  690.9 KBName:  IMG_4336.png
Views: 30310
Size:  728.4 KB

Name:  1234.png
Views: 33120
Size:  3.00 MB

Last edited by INDVDL///M; 09-15-2020 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: Changing text size to accommodate image sizes. Better graphic
Appreciate 41
      11-15-2015, 01:51 AM   #2
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Nurburgring for our Nordschleife

October 17
Drove from Konstanz to Strasbourg for lunch and then on to the Porsche Museum near Stuttgart and then on to our unique gearhead accommodations in Nagold Germany at the V8 Motorworld Hotel
http://www.v8hotel.de/index.php?id=81&L=1

October 18
Drove from Nagold to Adenau and to the Nurburgring for our Nordschleife, 4 laps on the Green Hell and accommodations at the Landhaus Sonnenhof:
http://sonnenhof-nuerburgring.de/en/
Wow, what a way to break in your car! Given we were very inexperienced compared to most other drivers on the track, we drove at a snail’s pace. That coupled with not wanting to destroy the car on the track resulted in our 4 laps taking the entire afternoon, due to the track closing for periods of time. As you can see from the photos, I am quite terrified, mainly of the other cars, and of being a passenger to Tim’s driving. However our afternoon was amazing and there were many very interesting cars, and a van, just like on Top Gear. It was very refreshing to see so many BMW’s. E30 M3s flying down the track all the way through E36s, E46s, E9X M3’s, and F8X M3/4s. We ran into a few fellow forum members from the US. All in all it was an experience of a lifetime and the trip wouldn’t have been complete without it.

Name:  1237.png
Views: 31038
Size:  3.20 MBName:  IMG_4344.png
Views: 32261
Size:  3.17 MBName:  IMG_4348.png
Views: 30528
Size:  2.47 MBName:  IMG_4350.png
Views: 30641
Size:  3.29 MBName:  IMG_6604.png
Views: 32612
Size:  3.14 MBName:  IMG_6607.png
Views: 30243
Size:  3.06 MBName:  IMG_6615.png
Views: 29763
Size:  3.13 MBName:  IMG_7493.png
Views: 30203
Size:  3.15 MBName:  IMG_7496.png
Views: 29794
Size:  3.26 MBName:  IMG_8393.png
Views: 29216
Size:  2.67 MB
Name:  IMG_9720.png
Views: 29177
Size:  3.16 MBName:  racetracker_1268589_18598.png
Views: 29032
Size:  3.01 MB

Last edited by INDVDL///M; 11-16-2015 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: Additional post and pictures
Appreciate 12
      11-15-2015, 01:51 AM   #3
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
On to Tielrode, Belgium

October 19
Drove from Adenau to Luxembourg City for lunch and then on to Tielrode, Belgium where we had secured a very unique vacation accommodation in a small village named Tielrode from the list of Welcome Beyond properties:
http://welcomebeyond.com/property/tielrode/
This was our favorite accommodation of the entire trip. Our host was amazing and the space was truly unique and very comfortable. We stayed in an art gallery which was filled with unique decor and contemporary art furnishings. We stayed in our hosts artist space and have never felt this level of hospitality anywhere. We also fell in love with the delicious Belgian cookie butter called Speculoospasta.

Name:  IMG_4400.png
Views: 28255
Size:  2.18 MB

Name:  IMG_4468.png
Views: 26772
Size:  430.7 KBName:  IMG_4485.png
Views: 26800
Size:  422.2 KBName:  IMG_4491.png
Views: 26808
Size:  438.7 KBName:  IMG_4515.png
Views: 28059
Size:  2.90 MB
Name:  IMG_4528.png
Views: 26700
Size:  449.2 KBName:  IMG_4554.png
Views: 26624
Size:  436.6 KBName:  IMG_4565.png
Views: 26443
Size:  400.1 KB

October 20
Drove from Tielrode to Amsterdam and parked the car. We found a very secure public parkade in central Amsterdam that was clean and very well lit. We also managed to get a single stall, albeit very tight! Parkeergarage Kalvertoren 100 Euros for 2 days but worth every penny. For accommodations we stayed at the ultra small boutique hotel Hotel IX
http://www.hotelixamsterdam.com/
This hotel was right in the heart of the canals and very comfortable and quiet. *There were only 6 suites in the unmanned but secure building, and we had the top floor suite. There was a great place two doors down from our hotel called Screaming Beans which had a wonderful goat cheese, rosemary, honey and walnut open-faced sandwich for breakfast. We visited a really cool contemporary art store/cafe/hotel called Droog. Did a lot of walking around, eating cheese and meat in our suite, shopping, and of course we indulged in some adult entertainment in the Red Light District.

October 22
Drove from Amsterdam to Hamburg
We have family from Hamburg so we visited with them and had a nice dinner at the Fish Market. We stayed at the Barcelo:
http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels...allgemein.aspx
To be honest, it was meh. Decent room, but average breakfast, crappy wifi, and very very limited hotel parking which was also ridiculously tight.
The following day we had an inordinately huge lunch at an old mill and then drove to a former concentration camp in Bergen-Belsen. Then to dinner with our family in Gifhorn and back to Hamburg. Interestingly enough, it was on this day that our drives took us more into the German countryside where we saw plenty of prostitutes selling their services from campers on the side of the road. A very strange sight for us as this is far from legal here in Canada. There were usually half a dozen or so on each entry and exit to most villages, towns, etc. On Saturday we took the day to walk around Hamburg downtown and took a harbour tour. At night we visited the famed Reeperbahn to take in the nightlife of Hamburg. The Reeperbahn was wall to wall people, generally intoxicated and tiny clubs everywhere. Many strip clubs and the famed ‘men only’ street. It was the first strip club we have been to where a) dogs were allowed to come in and b) we witnessed several men fall asleep/pass out. Nonetheless, it was a fun experience.

October 25
Drove from Hamburg to Ruegen. We would like to highlight that my family informed us that the A20 from Hamburg to near Ruegen is almost entirely unlimited. This was an absolute blast, as for at least 150 km of our journey was on a quiet two lane highway driving like a bat out of hell. It was actually tiring, holding our speed at 220km (break-in limit) for so long. But alas, it was a Sunday and there was finally very little traffic. Ruegen is at the Ostsee, on an island, and the town that we stayed at was named Glowe. It was finally a purely sunny day and although a bit windy, a very relaxing afternoon and evening at the See. We picked up some fresh local fresh fish (matjes) and just hung out in our apartment after the sun went down, which was quite early since it was European daylight savings the night prior. We stayed in an apartment on the beach at:
http://www.sandstrand-ostseeperle.de/ssim/

Name:  IMG_9834.png
Views: 27863
Size:  2.48 MBName:  IMG_9819.png
Views: 27928
Size:  2.68 MB

Last edited by INDVDL///M; 11-16-2015 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 5
      11-15-2015, 01:52 AM   #4
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Berlin and the Wall

October 26
Drove from Ruegen to Berlin. Again, we took A20 part of the way on our journey to Berlin which afforded us about another 150 km of unrestricted speed zone. This time it was completely calm, as in no winds, so it was a bit easier on the arms. We arranged for a unique modern house boat for our accommodations for the three nights we were there. Here it is:
http://www.welcomebeyond.com/property/modern-boat/
Pretty cool. We just parked the car out on the street and there were no issues. It was very quiet and quite peaceful. The weather was cool but sunny while we were there and waking up on the Spree River was very nice.
While in Berlin we went to the Brandenburg Gate, Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, Jewish Holocaust Memorial, and the dome tour of the Reichstag. We also shopped and did a lot of walking touring around some hole in the wall stores in the gallery district near the University.
Noteable eats were Moog and Melzer (great warm sandwiches in the gallery district) and Neni (contemporary food in Hotel 25 Hours overlooking the zoo).

Name:  IMG_4686.png
Views: 27509
Size:  2.18 MB
Name:  IMG_9863.png
Views: 26037
Size:  767.7 KBName:  IMG_9852.png
Views: 25938
Size:  743.5 KBName:  IMG_4721.png
Views: 26241
Size:  1.71 MBName:  IMG_4851.png
Views: 26112
Size:  1.71 MBName:  IMG_4855.png
Views: 25757
Size:  838.2 KBName:  IMG_4745.png
Views: 25569
Size:  693.7 KBName:  IMG_4691.png
Views: 26563
Size:  2.43 MB
Name:  IMG_4846.png
Views: 26266
Size:  2.82 MBName:  IMG_4869.png
Views: 26663
Size:  3.49 MBName:  IMG_4873.png
Views: 26193
Size:  3.08 MBName:  IMG_4903.png
Views: 25976
Size:  2.82 MBName:  IMG_4905.png
Views: 25820
Size:  3.17 MBName:  IMG_4910.png
Views: 25865
Size:  3.16 MB

Last edited by INDVDL///M; 11-16-2015 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 6
      11-15-2015, 01:53 AM   #5
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Home Stretch

October 29
Drove from Berlin to Frankfurt via Dessau
The morning started with a trip to Clean Car and a final photo shoot with some great graffiti near our House Boat. This would be our final long drive of the trip and we decided to take a pit stop for coffee and cake and of course to visit the Bauhaus in Dessau. It is one of the most influential places of 20th century, culture, architecture, art and design. When we finally arrived at our accommodations which were via AirBnB with a lovely lady and her Great Dane, it was dark and we went downtown for some dinner. Our host recommended us to try a few places but we ended up getting a table at Walon & Rosetti. The food was great and a very similar atmosphere from what we are used to from back home, but like most places in Germany the portions were humongous. We walked around a bit more downtown which seemed somewhat lively, but out of all the places and cities that we travelled to, we found Frankfurt to be the most intimidating in terms of transient population in the downtown core. We were smart enough, to park our car in a locked and gated hotel parking garage so she was safe.

October 30
We dropped the car off with the carrier company and said our goodbyes and flew from Frankfurt to Reykjavik.

Name:  IMG_9928[1].png
Views: 25385
Size:  2.79 MB
Name:  IMG_9946.png
Views: 24954
Size:  2.35 MB
Name:  IMG_9949[1].png
Views: 25044
Size:  2.72 MB

We put a total of 3,963 km on the car in our 14 days. We forgot to grab a photo of the trip computer but when we last checked it was 40+ hours of driving. Not a problem with the car to tell. We didn’t have to add oil, and no scratches but one small knick in the windshield. We toyed with the idea of purchasing a car cover and hauling it around but figured it would be too cumbersome. We also toyed with the idea of having protective film installed on the car before we left Munich but we ended up not wanting to lose time to travel with the car on our trip.

Name:  IMG_5006.png
Views: 24240
Size:  722.9 KB

Car washes - the car was pretty clean for the first two days of the trip. Then it got uncontrollably dirty at the Nurburgring. That coupled with the on and off rain, left a very hazy film on the car from the door handles down and on the rear end. In an effort to not scratch the paint, we were limited to wand washes, which we found quite easily, however they were all with cold water, which really didn’t help the haze issue. It was the best we could do as we didn’t trust the automatic ‘brush’ washes. It wasn’t until we were in Berlin that we found a substantial car wash (Clean Car) which was indoor and used HOT WATER and the F80 was sparkly clean once again.

And here we are today. I have checked but have not been able to confirm when the F80 is leaving the port she is currently sitting at, hopefully soon. I know it will be a long wait. And that even when she does arrive, there is a number of hurdles to go through including the busy Christmas season with Canada Customs, and then all the dealer goodies that I am having installed. Likely I won’t even get to see her until February, but she isn’t going to be driven in snow. It will involve hauling her up to Edmonton in a covered trailer and likely some alone time in the garage, waiting for the snow to melt and streets to be cleaned up.

Name:  IMG_5072.png
Views: 23581
Size:  732.0 KB

On the plus side, when I got home, my vanity plate had arrived. I think it is quite suiting…

For more photos of our European delivery 2015, you can find us both on Instagram under carolineyeg and t7k7g and under #ferrarired #europeandelivery #germansdoitbetter.

Last edited by INDVDL///M; 11-16-2015 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 28
lpshikhar150.50
ObiChen81.00
zamboni1123.00
GERMAN M34176.50
      11-15-2015, 02:00 AM   #6
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDVDL///M View Post
Great post!!! Love the pictures of the prior cars.
Appreciate 2
      11-15-2015, 02:30 AM   #7
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

What an amazing experience!
From the passion for M cars to a wonderful love affair and to an impressive Individual Ferrari Red Car!
Congrats to you and share more pics of this new beauty!
Appreciate 2
      11-15-2015, 04:42 AM   #8
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

looks fantastic. Congrats
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 04:45 AM   #9
haynstyleM2
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

love the color! and it's a 6MT.....
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2015, 05:49 AM   #10
yekmurat
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: VW SCİROCCO

Only the M cars deserve such a huge passion
Appreciate 2
      11-15-2015, 07:49 AM   #11
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Wow that was a great story...thus far...and such a brilliant car, that has to be the best red for an M!!! Congrats and looking forward to seeing/reading about the rest of your trip.
      11-15-2015, 08:46 AM   #12
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
The car looks awesome in red. You both wearing race suits looks rediculous
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #13
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangquadcam View Post
Great post!!! Love the pictures of the prior cars.
Thanks Mustangquadcam! You're ED post was also very intriguing. We appreciate the support and hope that you enjoy the rest of the upcoming photos.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #14
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
What an amazing experience!
From the passion for M cars to a wonderful love affair and to an impressive Individual Ferrari Red Car!
Congrats to you and share more pics of this new beauty!
Thanks vladberca. We hope to finish the upload of the rest of the adventure today.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #15
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Loved everything about that post!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #16
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekmurat View Post
Only the M cars deserve such a huge passion
LOL...yekmurat, I think we might be kind of mental some times
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 08:57 AM   #17
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Wow that was a great story...thus far...and such a brilliant car, that has to be the best red for an M!!! Congrats and looking forward to seeing/reading about the rest of your trip.
Thank! Very much appreciated. It's great to have seen your recent post as well about your car. Very Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
The car looks awesome in red. You both wearing race suits looks rediculous
Red is a very suiting colour for this car. It stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the Black, White and Grey cars that populate Germany.

The suits are ridiculous hey! I told Tim that when he surprised me with them for my birthday that he was 'insane'. But it was all in good fun and I am sure that the staff at the Welt had never seen that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Loved everything about that post!
Thanks GOLFFRR....more to come. Stay tuned
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #18
BarronM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Atlantis Blue F80 M3

Damn....Sharp color...Congrats buddy

2015 435xi EBII - Msport PKG - VFF103 - JB4 STG2 - BMS INTAKE - ACM CUSTOM EXHAUST W/ QUAD PIPE
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #19
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

thanks for taking the time...good story, even better choice in color.....loved my MR e92 as well...such a sharp color...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #20
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
The car looks awesome in red. You both wearing race suits looks rediculous.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #21
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
IMO

CONGRATULATIONS!
For your red beauty and for your partner in crime in Sparco suit. You are very lucky to have a girl with the same interest. Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
Acree
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Waiting...

#NailedIt
Appreciate 1