BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #89
pheerlx
M n00b
pheerlx's Avatar
United_States
720
Rep
1,622
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
I'm not reading this whole thread... but I can tell you that you can get scratch like that when you are getting out of your car from your belt/jeans/jacket zipper rubbing against the bottom of the wheel.
Well gosh darn it there ain't nothin I can do about the gigantic bulge in my pants.
__________________
2018 M3 SSII/Cloth Delete/DCT Delete/Moonroof Delete/Civic Package Delete
Appreciate 2
Wah2107
Biorin2664

      12-05-2017, 08:54 PM   #90
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
6297
Rep
7,511
Posts

Drives: Mondstein F83
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post

Well gosh darn it there ain't nothin I can do about the gigantic bulge in my pants.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
Biorin2664

      12-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #91
Biorin
Lieutenant
Biorin's Avatar
2664
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: to get cheeseburgers
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sweatervests & Range Rovers

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
I'm not reading this whole thread... but I can tell you that you can get scratch like that when you are getting out of your car from your belt/jeans/jacket zipper rubbing against the bottom of the wheel.
Dude, you're supposed to take my side!!

...you're so smart. I don't know why I never thought of that, especially considering that I am so midgety and sit so close that I literally get stuck on my steering wheel nearly every time I exit the car. No, I haven't put my clutch stop in yet, stop asking.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
you're like, the cocaine godmother of BP.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #92
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
Wah's Avatar
United_States
2107
Rep
4,954
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
Dude, you're supposed to take my side!!

...you're so smart. I don't know why I never thought of that, especially considering that I am so midgety and sit so close that I literally get stuck on my steering wheel nearly every time I exit the car. No, I haven't put my clutch stop in yet, stop asking.
The problem is your driving shoes... get some blocks strapped to the bottom so you can move the seat back to a normal position.

Appreciate 3
      12-09-2017, 09:47 AM   #93
georgere
Major
georgere's Avatar
United_States
199
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 BSM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stamford CT

iTrader: (0)

Must be covered. Not normal wear. Talk to dealer. Ask them to show you a car with similar age/mileage with wear like that. Doesn't have to be m.
__________________
My 1st love was 2006 BMW 325i Sport + Prem 6MT but I married the 2016 M3 BSM MDCT.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #94
aerostar
Captain
146
Rep
720
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW Supercar (M3)
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Must be covered. Not normal wear. Talk to dealer. Ask them to show you a car with similar age/mileage with wear like that. Doesn't have to be m.
It's not normal wear b/c he scratched it... lol
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #95
georgere
Major
georgere's Avatar
United_States
199
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 BSM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stamford CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Must be covered. Not normal wear. Talk to dealer. Ask them to show you a car with similar age/mileage with wear like that. Doesn't have to be m.
It's not normal wear b/c he scratched it... lol
How did he do that?
__________________
My 1st love was 2006 BMW 325i Sport + Prem 6MT but I married the 2016 M3 BSM MDCT.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 01:26 PM   #96
aerostar
Captain
146
Rep
720
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW Supercar (M3)
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
How did he do that?
It's pretty easy to see that he scratched it.

Look at the steering wheel. Do you see how it's cut into two pieces?

Look at the top piece AND the bottom piece.

The fact that they are "wearing" in an *exact* line going down the steering wheel has a probability of about 1 in 1,000,000,000,000.

It's pretty obvious than object inflicted the damage to the wheel. Whether or not a dealership will help him out is another story.

Edit:

http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/inter...r-leather.html

There's another post w/ the exact same dmg. Note that everyone there knows it's cuts from an object. No leather would wear like that unless it came like that from the factory w/ those cuts in it.

Also note that one of the members suggests playing dumb at the dealership which is what I would suggest OP does.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 02:37 PM   #97
AllRoadPerformance
New Member
AllRoadPerformance's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Just to add a tidbit of info to the thread:

On our 2018 shop car (that is all of 2 months old), we're experiencing cracking leather at the 11 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions. When I drive the car, my hands are NEVER holding on at those points. Took it into BMW and their response was "Its not covered, you need to condition it more. BMW uses a thin leather to wrap the wheel"

Not exactly the answer I expected on a 2 month old vehicle, but it is what it is. All the more affirmation for us to use the M Performance alcantara wheel in the near future.
__________________

2018 M3 ZCP with DCT
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #98
aerostar
Captain
146
Rep
720
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW Supercar (M3)
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllRoadPerformance View Post
Just to add a tidbit of info to the thread:

On our 2018 shop car (that is all of 2 months old), we're experiencing cracking leather at the 11 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions. When I drive the car, my hands are NEVER holding on at those points. Took it into BMW and their response was "Its not covered, you need to condition it more. BMW uses a thin leather to wrap the wheel"

Not exactly the answer I expected on a 2 month old vehicle, but it is what it is. All the more affirmation for us to use the M Performance alcantara wheel in the near future.
Does the cracking look like the one in OPs post?

B/c the OP's post looks like micro cuts.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:54 PM   #99
AllRoadPerformance
New Member
AllRoadPerformance's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Does the cracking look like the one in OPs post?

B/c the OP's post looks like micro cuts.
Same orientation, just smaller proportions. Looks like dried out leather
__________________

2018 M3 ZCP with DCT
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #100
=[monkey]=
First Lieutenant
=[monkey]='s Avatar
8
Rep
357
Posts

Drives: f82 m4
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston

iTrader: (4)

Can that be redyed?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:55 AM   #101
devildog0331
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Plainfield, IL

iTrader: (0)

Do you carry a knife in your pocket? I daily carry a benchmade, and i scratched the side of my wheel with the clip as i get in the car. The scratches i have in the side of my wheel look almost just like yours, from the clip of the knife skipping down the side of the wheel as i slide in. I couldn't figure out what the hell was doing it at first. Now i know to be really careful getting in and out.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST