ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
jonanator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 335i, '06 Z4MC

Dice Install: Did you stuff everything into the centre console?

I just installed my DICE in my '06 Z4MC last night.

I am wondering if everyone just stuffs all the wiring in the centre console along with the DICE unit? I wanted to keep the DICE unit in the cabin so I can use the AUX, but now, I have to keep my centre console open when fiddling with the iPod and I also have the cable from the iPod to the DICE just stuffed in the centre console. I can't close my centre console now because I ran the wiring through that little hole in the centre console, and with the ipod out of the centre console, the wiring prevents the console door from being closed.

Does anyone know of another place to run the wiring? Anyone have any ideas on where else to put the DICE to make it inconspicuous but still in an accessible place?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

I installed the Dice unit in the trunk (will be moving it under the dashboard when I get the radio interface cable) and ran the aux and ipod dock cables from the trunk to the center storage unit (between the seats) where I stuff my ipod and other MP3 plater. I never take the ipod out of the car so it can stay in there.
Appreciate 0