E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > South Florida BMW Dealership Experiences

11-23-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
Rodrigo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible

Question South Florida BMW Dealership Experiences

I have been lurking around these forums for a couple months now because I'm thinking about buying a 335i Coupe, but this is my first post. I've already test driven the car and researched it, but I wanted to see how everyone's dealership experiences have been in South Florida and what type of deals you have been able to get down here.

So far I haven't really started the negotiation process, but have been told MSRP. What dealer, if any, have people been able to get good deals from? Unfortunately, I will not be able to go through the European Delivery program so I'm more interested in prices for typical delivery. I know this can sometimes become in issue in South Florida so I am also open to going out of town a bit in order to get a good deal, but I also have some concerns with this.

If I do buy the car out of town, what treatment would I receive from the local dealerships? I have heard that dealers would refuse loaner cars since I did not buy the car from their dealership and this would really suck considering that I would be taking the car to the local dealership for the included maintenance. Any experiences with similar situations? I'm in Kendall and would probably have to use Braman BMW or South Motors.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
dmontic71
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Garage List
IMO: I think even though the new e92 is in high demand, there are deals to be had... I would definitely shop around... My experience up here in Tampa was that 1 dealership was about 2k better than everwhere else I shopped for my e90... I could refer you to my sales guy up here, but honestly I think if you shop around you can get a good deal locally too...

When I lived down in S Florida I found the BMW dealer (I think it was Vista?) in Ft. Lauderdale to be more competitive than Braman up in West Palm where I was living... BTW- I had no problems getting my old e46 serviced when I moved up to the Tampa area, they even gave me loaner cars, etc.. Also, its not like you will be in the dealer that much w/ a new car (hopefully).

I would go to every dealer in S Florida, & try to make your best deal (you need to act like you are willing to buy that day), but then say you think it is too high & you want to "think about it", this will let them know you are looking for the best deal. Also, the old tactic of waiting till the end of the month helps too.. Timing is everything, you have no way of knowing if that salesman needs 1 more unit to make his month, or if the manager or dealer need just more car to sell to reach some threshold w/ BMWNA.. Anyway, that is my $.02 worth...
      11-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
Rodrigo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks ,dmontic71, and yes I do plan on contacting all of the dealers in South Florida to start negotiating, but wanted to get a heads up on things before starting. And before looking to out of town dealers I wanted to see what experiences others have had with South Florida dealers and cars bought elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #4
doctordel
sultan of swage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe, Arrow A8

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Braman West Palm was amenable to bargaining. My experience was pretty good in that they gave me more than what my trade was probably worth, $1500 off MSRP, and a good MF to boot. They made some of that up by charging me a higher dealer fee than they had to but I still felt pretty good about the deal.

Also, I ordered my car in September on a handshake. No deposit was ever discussed or even brought up.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 06:49 PM   #5
martieg
Texas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I saw several dealers and decided for South Motors BMW because they gave me a better treatment including best price.

Couple of comments:

* Overall discount is a combination of a discount and how much you get for your trade in - in my case most of the negotiation was on the latter.

* Most dealers are the same - the difference is who's your salesman. PM me and I will recommend you the best salesman in South Motors.

* Regarding service, I was highly disappointed in my first visit, but I requested a change of advisor, and now I'm very satisfied.

As in everything, it boils down to people.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #6
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

who did you guys see at south motors? i was with Henry, seemed really nice and a great guy...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #7
e90dsanks
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325 Sap blk, sprt, 6 spd, B

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2019 X5 50i  [0.00]
I purchased two BMWs from Lauderdale BMW on Sheridan Street in Pembroke Pines and I believe they have the best deals in South Florida. You and PM me and I will send you the name of the sales person.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #8
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90dsanks
I purchased two BMWs from Lauderdale BMW on Sheridan Street in Pembroke Pines and I believe they have the best deals in South Florida. You and PM me and I will send you the name of the sales person.
I can back him up with that statement.....

BTW: NO BRAMAN!!!!
      11-28-2006, 07:57 PM   #9
Rodrigo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I guess I'll give them all a try, but any feedback on the loaner cars when taking it in for service if you bought elsewhere? Because even if I buy in Lauderdale I doubt I'll be going up for maintenance all the time. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #10
MiAmiBoosT305
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90dsanks
Lauderdale BMW Excellent dealership

Live 2 Race Race 2 Live
ALL HAIL BMW!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #11
Poderes1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
I go to Lauderdale BMW on Sheridan Street for serviceing my E90 and there service is great and very timely. I would try them if you wanted to buy your new BMW.
08 E92 335 i AW/CR, Alum Trim, Prem & Sport Pkgs, Step w/Paddles, Nav, 3M 20% tint all around, Passport 9500i radar, JB3 v2.0 with USB, Matte Black Grills, RPI Ram Air Scoops, OSS Full Blackout Angels V2, LED Turnsignals and sidemarkers, Helix V2 Stepped Front Mount Intercooler, Bastuck Quad Exhaust, Custom rear valence, Forged 1 Eight Deep Concaves Coral Red/Matte Black centers and Gloss Black Barrels 20x8.5f and 20x10.5r
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #12
Tony717
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r
I can back him up with that statement.....

BTW: NO BRAMAN!!!!
me too

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #13
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

i use south, and i use this guy Anolio, who is the manager for all the tech people, he gets shit done.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #14
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

i also leased my car from lauderdale imports on sheridan. I dealth with billy olly. very nice dude. and i feel like i got a DECENT price. vista sucks. they treated me like shit, didnt give me a good deal, and i take my car for service there and i hate it everytime i go.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #15
TonyLukes3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 Z3 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Not too familiar with the east coast dealers, but over here on the west coast I think Germain BMW of Naples is pretty good. I use BMW of Fort Myers only for convenience as they're only 15 minutes away, but their service department sucks. Sales department has been fine, everyone I've met in there has been very nice and willing to work with you on the numbers. I absolutely loved my old dealer back in Jersey - DeSimone. I know a bunch of people there and therefore went with them to order the new 328. I have the option of getting a courtesy delivery right at my dealership here in FL, so it's no big deal going out of town Good luck!
      03-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #16
2009BMW335
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
south for me, i had a bad experience with Braman and my entire family has boycotted them. my brother and i were negotiating one of my moms old 5-series and we knew exactly what we wanted. he wouldnt budge and started to crumple up the paper we were crunching numbers on... he stopped once he realized what he was doing but by that point me and my brother were already out the door. less than an hour later he called us to apologize and tell us he was willing to deal again. we told him we had just bought the car on his lot, haha just through south motors.. suckonthataonetiiiiime
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #17
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Ive bought 3 cars from Vista BMW (not the one on lyons the federal one) from a man named Martin Weinman, very nice guy and easy to deal with. Treats you like family. We bought my moms 530i, my 325i and my dads m6 vert from him so weve given him a fair share of buisness. Im not to sure how he does taking off msrp but I know he is adamant about not charging over MSRP. The stealership wanted like 10 grand over msrp for my dads car and Marty was able to get it to us for MSRP. If you are going to contact him PM me and ill give you my name.
      03-19-2007, 09:36 AM   #18
e92miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 C300

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90dsanks View Post

I 2nd this comment I just picked up my black e92 this saturday there. It was the smoothest purchace I've ever had. No BS just straight talk and they gave it to me for $1900 under MSRP. All other South FL dealers were only going $950-1000 under. I have a great salesman if anyone is interested just send me a note. He was low key and very up front.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #19
Rodrigo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Anyone been able to work any deals on E93s yet?

I also got $1,900 off MSRP on a 335 Coupe, but from Braman in WPB. Unfortunately, when I went in to pick up the 335 last weekend it had the wrong trim. They were not willing to work with me. They said they would not swap out the trim and wouldn't give me any other incentive to continue doing business with them. The best thing they could come up with was to sell me one of the unsold convertibles that were coming in for full MSRP.

Since I'm in Miami I rather order the convertible exactly like I want it from a local dealer if it's going to be at MSRP so I'm waiting to get a look at one in person before placing my order.

I should've known that Braman would be lacking in the customer service department based on previous experiences, but gave them a chance anyway since they gave me the best deal at the time (car was ordered in December) and are located in WPB (my previous experiences with the Braman franchise were all in Miami).

Any other recommendations on who I should talk to at South Motors, preferably someone who's been there a while.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 02:31 AM   #20
Pluis
United_States
Rep
Drives: CS: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
Anyone been able to work any deals on E93s yet?

I also got $1,900 off MSRP on a 335 Coupe, but from Braman in WPB. Unfortunately, when I went in to pick up the 335 last weekend it had the wrong trim. They were not willing to work with me. They said they would not swap out the trim and wouldn't give me any other incentive to continue doing business with them. The best thing they could come up with was to sell me one of the unsold convertibles that were coming in for full MSRP.

Since I'm in Miami I rather order the convertible exactly like I want it from a local dealer if it's going to be at MSRP so I'm waiting to get a look at one in person before placing my order.

I should've known that Braman would be lacking in the customer service department based on previous experiences, but gave them a chance anyway since they gave me the best deal at the time (car was ordered in December) and are located in WPB (my previous experiences with the Braman franchise were all in Miami).

Any other recommendations on who I should talk to at South Motors, preferably someone who's been there a while.

Thanks.
I purchased my car through South Motors BMW. It is an excellent dealer, knowledgable and very helpful staff. I had a C.A by the name of Emily Burton who was TERRIFIC! She is super super sweet and very very helpful. If you decide on this dealer and this agent please say you were reccomended by Pedro who purchased the white/saddle 328i Coupe
      04-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #21
munkofunk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

My father and I have each purchased 2 cars from Lauderdale BMW. All things considered, they've done a great job. Service is good too. The only thing they could work on is providing bmw loaners.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #22
pikkashoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335 Coupe

I too got my E92 from Lauderdale BMW off sheridan. Granted I did not get as a good deal as some of you guys, I basically paid MSRP, but Im happy, and my SA was the best to deal with and Im sure you can bargain with him with no problem. Im going back in a couple months to get another BMW for the Ms. If anyone is interested, PM and I will provide his info. It was the easiest, non-hassle car buying experience I have ever had. I did everything over email, just walked in, signed the lease and was out in less than 20 minutes.
Appreciate 0