E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Paris - Dakar by BMW Motorbike for Cancer Research UK

12-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
ghosey115
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Black 330 M Sport

Garage List
Smile Paris - Dakar by BMW Motorbike for Cancer Research UK

Hi guys and girls,

A quick note to let everyone know that in December 2007 I will be riding a BMW F650GS motorbike from Paris to Dakar to raise money for Cancer Research UK, the UKs leading cancer charity. My grandpa has leukaemia and I want to help others like him. The trip will see me ride through six countries and across the Sahara Desert!

At the moment I am beginning my fundraising and part of this will be a new website www.ride2dakar.co.uk which will be published soon to raise awareness of my efforts. I also have a site where anyone can visit and sponsor me safely and securely... www.justgiving.com/parisdakar

I would like to be so bold as to ask if anyone would be willing to spare a small amount and sponsor me! Any help would be greatly appreciated folks, even if it is just passing the word on!

The trip is costing quite a bit to take part in so anyone who would like to arrange commercial sponsorship through their business for local media exposure and logos on my bike clothing and helmet can PM me!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and if you would like any more info please PM me!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Graham
      12-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosey115
Hi guys and girls,

A quick note to let everyone know that in December 2007 I will be riding a BMW F650GS motorbike from Paris to Dakar to raise money for Cancer Research UK, the UKs leading cancer charity. My grandpa has leukaemia and I want to help others like him. The trip will see me ride through six countries and across the Sahara Desert!

At the moment I am beginning my fundraising and part of this will be a new website www.ride2dakar.co.uk which will be published soon to raise awareness of my efforts. I also have a site where anyone can visit and sponsor me safely and securely... www.justgiving.com/parisdakar

I would like to be so bold as to ask if anyone would be willing to spare a small amount and sponsor me! Any help would be greatly appreciated folks, even if it is just passing the word on!

The trip is costing quite a bit to take part in so anyone who would like to arrange commercial sponsorship through their business for local media exposure and logos on my bike clothing and helmet can PM me!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and if you would like any more info please PM me!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Graham
We could try knocking something up at the UK meets next year for you, Graham.

You could try & find out if BMW Marketing or the BMW Car Club would be interested in sponsoring you, even though the marketing dept didn't give a toss about our UK2 meet. :mad:

Anyway, all the best with it & have a great Christmas & New Year.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 12-22-2006 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2006, 01:11 AM   #3
ghosey115
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Black 330 M Sport

Garage List
Thanks, BMW UK seem to support one or two charities and don't tend to offer charity to smaller events so I'm told... but I'll contact them anyway - no harm in trying! Work commitments depending I should be able to make the next meet. Cheers, Graham.