E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Professional Detailers in Madison WI

04-29-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
Senres
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 135i convertible

Professional Detailers in Madison WI

I should (hopefully) be picking up my E90 Jet Black 328i on Monday. I'm trying to do some research on how to maintain it. I gather from what I've read around the 'net that I should have the car fully detailed in the Spring and again in the Fall. To that end:

Can anyone recommend a good detailer in Madison? What do they charge?

Also since I live in an apartment downtown, washing regularly will be a trial. Is anybody aware of any car washes in town that are amiable to bucket/hand washing? Otherwise I'll look in to using something like ONR that I could probably get away with using in the parking lot.

TIA!

Edit: oh, and if anybody has any opinions on the Auto Armor paint protection that Zimbrick is selling, feel free to chime in. All of the research I've done on this forum and elsewhere seems to indicate it's just a really expensive wax job by the dealer with a lame "warranty." But if you have anything good to say about it and think it may be worth it (though probably not for the $500 I've been quoted) let me know!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 05:30 AM   #2
kiddo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Hey penwan, you might wanna check out Auto Color in Middleton. They detailed my car couple weeks ago and did a great job. It was $85 for interior and 125 for exterior.
For car wash, if you drive along E. Washington Ave., there are some cheap ass garage type washing places, which you can wash your car by yourself, but I really don't recommend you do that. Just take your car to Octopus. they will do the job for you.
For the Auto Armor, I actually got that from Zimbrick,. They told me it could protect my car from acid rains and that is why I got it. But as a matter of fact, I don't think it is necessarily, unless you are gna keep your car for so many years. And about the warranty, it is a lie. My CA told me that once my car has to be painted again, then i have to pay for the Auto Armor if i wanna a new layer on top of it.

I hope this helps.

P.S. which part of downtown do you live in? Im just curious.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
Senres
Private
Rep

Thanks for the info! I've always taken my current car to Octopus because it was far more convenient, but it's a '97 chevy and I didn't really care about how the paint was taken care of, I just wanted to get the salt off of it I thought car washes like that were a bad idea?

I also was told about how the paint protection will protect the finish from acid rain, bird droppings, etc. I am tempted to get it, especially with Jet Black, but I've just read too much that makes me skeptical and thinking I might be getting ripped off I plan on keeping the car for at least three years, but probably more like 5.

I live in the Bassett neighborhood a few blocks southwest of the capital. BTW I noticed a Montego Blue 335i Coupe parked at Borders last night. That wouldn't happen to have been you, would it? I haven't noticed too many 335 coupes around town.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
kiddo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

as a matter of fact, yes it is a bad idea. the clothes from the machine would make a lot of scratches. especially for us who have black cars would be more obvious to see the scratches. =.=

well if you plan on keeping your car for about 5 years, then you might wanna think about getting the paint protection. One of my friends has a e46 jet black 325i without paint protection and he got couple of bird dropping on his car.Few days later he tried to take those droppings off, he couldn't. The dirt were sort of stuck on his car. So if you always park your car outdoor, then the paint protection might help.

and no, I have a Black sapphire 335i. I have seen 3 to 4 335i coupes and about 4 328s and one 328 convertible.

You live around Bassett? I live on Johnson, sort of between Johnson and Dayton. cool
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 01:51 AM   #5
mortgage man
Jet Black 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Octopus and Mermaid will detail your car for you.

Who was your guys' CA at Zimbrick?
      06-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Senres
Private
Rep

My CA was Mike Dennis.